WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

[Who among you nice folks remember these names?

Ken Patera, Bruiser Brody, Ivan Putski, Tito Santana, Andre the Giant, Bruno Samartino, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Rick Martel, "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw, Killer Khan, Sgt. Slaughter, Pat Patterson, and the Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika).

I can't remember the name of this wrestler who, after winning a bout, would destroy the padding on one corner the ring and chew on the foam. They even painted his tongue blue. It was absolutely hilarious because the script called for him to fall in love with Elizabeth. So he kept chasing her around.

I THINK YOUR REFERRING TO GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEEL...

He's ready to rumble

Two Rivers man makes it big on popular WWE show

By Kevin Braley Herald Times Reporter

TWO RIVERS -- Ken Anderson, 29, who grew up in Two Rivers, is not famous.

But his arrogant, loudmouth, cocky World Wrestling Entertainment character, Mr. Ken Kennedy, is well on its way to being the next big thing.

"The future is promising," Anderson said. "This is a dream come true."

Anderson was born in Wisconsin Rapids and raised in Two Rivers, graduating from Washington High School in 1994. Two years later, he began wrestling, working through the ranks to the WWE. He appears on SmackDown often, which airs on Fridays on the UPN network.

Anderson grew up watching wrestling in the 1980s -- The Junkyard Dog was his favorite -- but as he got older, he grew out of it, he said.

"I fell away from it because there was a time where it wasn't cool to watch wrestling," he said.

But in 1996, a friend convinced him to watch wrestling, even though he thought it was all fake and scripted.

"My friends told me I had to see this one character and I would love him," Anderson said. "It was Stone Cold Steve Austin and I was instantly hooked."

Stone Cold Steve Austin is best known for drinking beer in the wrestling ring, using obscenities and driving trucks into the arena.

"Coming from (Two Rivers), I could really relate to a guy driving a pick-up truck and drinking beer," Anderson said. "I got sucked in. I became addicted."

Anderson enrolled in a wrestling school in Green Bay in 1999. The classes were held in a low-lit corner of a former retail store.

"I felt I was home the first time I stepped into the ring," Anderson said. "I starting learning how to fall, and I couldn't believe how much it hurt. The first time I fell it knocked the wind out of me."

Anderson spent nine months training. He began sending tapes to national wrestling organizations and wrestled everywhere he could -- sometimes driving 15 hours one-way to get paid $40 for a match. Sometimes he'd get only a hotdog and a handshake for his matches, he said.

"Everybody thought I was nuts, but I thought someday I'm going to make it, and I did," he said.

Earlier this year, Anderson was hired by the WWE and spent five months training in Louisville, Ky. This fall, Anderson made his television debut, pinning Sho Funaki.

Sheryl Holmes, Anderson's mom, said she didn't immediately agree with Anderson's decision to become a full-time wrestler. He was working at the Kewaunee nuclear power plant as a security guard but quit to pursue wrestling.

"I told him, 'Ken, you have bills to pay,'" she said. "But after the first time I saw him wrestle, I knew he had to get into entertainment, I just didn't know if it should be wrestling. I saw so much potential."

Holmes said Anderson always wanted attention and made a name for himself as the class clown in high school. Anderson said he was on the swim team and participated in theater. He didn't start lifting weights seriously until he was 19, he said.

Jim Wegner, athletic director at Two Rivers High School, said Anderson was a "memorable student."

"He had a great personality and a great sense of humor," Wegner said. "I knew he would be successful at something, but I never thought it would be professional wrestling."

Wegner encouraged Anderson to get into radio because of his voice and experience announcing the Washington High School basketball games.

"I always knew he had such a great voice," Wegner said.

In the WWE, Anderson's character announces himself, claiming no one else can properly introduce him. He says in every announcement he's from Green Bay, where he was living when he was signed to the WWE and the nearest metropolitan area of note, he said.

Holmes has embraced Anderson's career choice, she said, watching he son wrestle every week. She said watching his Friday night matches, which are recorded earlier in the week, has become a ritual, even though she looks on the Internet to find out the outcome of the match.

She still cringes when Anderson climbs on the ropes to jump on an opponent, she said.

"He's still my son," she said. "But other times, I think 'wow, he finally made it.'"

Who among you nice folks remember these names?

Ken Patera, Bruiser Brody, Ivan Putski, Tito Santana, Andre the Giant, Bruno Samartino, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Rick Martel, "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw, Killer Khan, Sgt. Slaughter, Pat Patterson, and the Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika).

By the way, do they still hold barbed wire matches these days?  The very thought of a barbed wire match sends shivers all over me.

Hello again WrestlingFreakS!...

di ko ata kilala si "Quick Draw" McGraw!...

Lam ko bawal na sa ibang state ang barbed wire matches.

j2003, puro old school yan a :) Fav ko diyan si Tito Santana

George "The Animal" Steele is the guy you're referring to. I remember he made an appearance a few years back, I forgot what was the angle.

No more barbed wire matches. Those type of matches were too brutal.

[Who among you nice folks remember these names?

i still remeber this guy "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw, i watched him brutally beaten by one of the Moondogs, the Moondog sneaked a nail inside the ring under his trunks... i watched it live in araneta coliseum... grade 5 lang ata ako nun... kasama nila nagpunta dito sa pinas sila Mil Maskara at Tony Atlas...

Cheeselogger, try ko bukas. Busy kasi e

Di na din ako updated sa mga nangyayari sa wrestling (except sa WWE site) :(

Just watched the Raw tribute show to Eddie Guerrero. Man, I wanted to cry several times. The messages of Benoit, HHH, & Stephanie almost made me cry

Edited by tamago
Cheeselogger, try ko bukas. Busy kasi e

Di na din ako updated sa mga nangyayari sa wrestling (except sa WWE site) :(

Just watched the Raw tribute show to Eddie Guerrero. Man, I wanted to cry several times. The messages of Benoit, HHH, & Stephanie almost made me cry

no need to hurry boss! kala ko kasi pinasasabik mo lang uli kami... :D

Edited by cheeselogger
Cheeselogger, sira ka talaga hehehe

May replay yung Raw sa Wednesday 9AM & 5PM & Saturday 9AM

Yung SD replay, Friday 9 AM & 5PM, & Sunday 9AM

di naman bossing, maling akala lang :wacko:

kaso walang Jack TV dito sa lugar namin kaya dapat i-replay nila paminsan-minsan yung tribute para pwede ko pang abutin pag-uwi ko sa amin :blink: :huh:

ang labo atang mangyari non. hehehe :lol: