Running

daDJ

moving this thread up

i have just gotten back to running. I train 2-3 times a week. joined and finished a couple of 5k fun runs. wanna work my way up to 10k naman.

i just finished the 10k run last sunday at the fort...good luck to all runners at the condura skyway run this sunday! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've been running for more than 2 years and have joined short marathons.

it started as an exercise turned serious when someone invited me to join mizuno infinity run 08.

damn, now i have to worry about over-pronation, proper posture, landing, knee injury, spending on a new pair of shoes, PR's, training runs, weather and etc.

but still the effects are rewarding, no wonder it's getting big nowadays.

check out this blog

http://thebullrunner.com/2009/10/07/run-cl...-boom-at-ultra/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

johngrisham:

you need to have a foot/gait analysis first. this will determine which kind of running shoes is suited for you. there are 3 kinds: stability, cushioning and lightweight.

free analysis are being offered at Adidas branches, Athlete's Foot-Glorietta 3, SecondWind in QC but the best one is in RUNNR-Boni High Street. you won't be forced to by in their store.

for the brand, any would do. Adidas, New Balance, Nike, Mizuno and Asics are good. If you like comfort, go for N.B. The best and the priciest shoe I think is the Newton.

Edited by markspencer