Running

daDJ

Kayang kaya mo yan hehehe continuous practice lang yan! Targeting Condura for your come back pikermi? :-)

Men's Health is on November 13, I'm thinking to do back to back races. Unilab on the 12th, Men's Health the next day. :-P

Adik mode lang!

Adik mode would be an understatement for a back to back run tongue.gif

Will you be running (for a race) this weekend? Ingats na lang if ever dumating nga bagyo.. I already ran last night at heartbreak hill as a pro-active move just in case tumama na naman Pag-asa hehe Namiss ko body and muscle aches eh tsk tsk

@Droidz1979 -- 10k lang tlga sa Nike Run. no other category. so tayo-tayo tlaga magkikita-kita sa finish line! yehey! goodluck sa lahat!

Okies, hassle lang claim ng race kits and shirt at di pa binibigay agad. Unlike with new balance race where i already had the shirt and race kit on the very same day. Rio organizer nito diba or the group that he is affiliated with?

• 2 weeks later...

i got my Nike We Run Manila race kit yesterday. ayos yung singlet and water bottle. hopefully it doesnt rain on race day (or race night hehe). kitakits on saturday :)

Got mine kanina since i assumed na madami tao kahapon at malamang bukas.. ganda ng shirt at okay din water bottle. Sobrang sulit ang 1K! Tama ba, 5AM nga start ng race? Sobrang aga tsk tsk i'd be okay if it rained but am keeping my fingers crossed na wala lang sanang bagyo by then tongue.gif

Got mine kanina since i assumed na madami tao kahapon at malamang bukas.. ganda ng shirt at okay din water bottle. Sobrang sulit ang 1K! Tama ba, 5AM nga start ng race? Sobrang aga tsk tsk i'd be okay if it rained but am keeping my fingers crossed na wala lang sanang bagyo by then tongue.gif

5PM start bro. sobra dami ata tatakbo for this event. balita ko kasama ata si Rica Peralejo sa runners (nakasabay ng officemate ko sa pila kahapon for the race kit)

5PM start bro. sobra dami ata tatakbo for this event. balita ko kasama ata si Rica Peralejo sa runners (nakasabay ng officemate ko sa pila kahapon for the race kit)

Nice! Super crush ko yan dati hehe tongue.gif

Based on PAG-ASA forecast the weather will be fine daw this weekend.. hopefully tumama ulit sila , good luck to us then cool.gif

first time to join a running event (We Run Manila 10K, Nike)

hoping to finish the run since wala akong practice at wala akong experince sa ganito..

wish me luck! hehe :)

*kung si Rica ang nasa unahan ko siguradong matatapos ko ang race ng nasa likod lang niya ako. ;)

first time to join a running event (We Run Manila 10K, Nike)

hoping to finish the run since wala akong practice at wala akong experince sa ganito..

wish me luck! hehe :)

*kung si Rica ang nasa unahan ko siguradong matatapos ko ang race ng nasa likod lang niya ako. ;)

goodluck bro and to everyone running later sa nike run :)

be safe

We Run Manila

2k = 11:32:02

4k = 12:28:68

6k = 14:12:48

8k = 14:00:77

10k = 14:00:90

total = 66:14:87

*kailangan na magpraktis next time :(

nice time. congrats ^_^

ako naman unofficial time ko nsa 1hr 24-25mins

pinupulikat ako final 1k.. badtrip.. kulang ata sa stretching and warm up

nice time. congrats ^_^

ako naman unofficial time ko nsa 1hr 24-25mins

pinupulikat ako final 1k.. badtrip.. kulang ata sa stretching and warm up

My Nike 10K record :blush:

TIME AVG. PACE

1 7:16 7'16"/km

2 13:49 6'33"/km

3 20:49 7'00"/km

4 28:06 7'17"/km

5 35:31 7'25"/km

6 42:55 7'24"/km

7 50:36 7'41"/km

8 57:56 7'20"/km

9 1:05:50 7'54"/km

10 1:13:36 7'46"/km

TIME AVG. PACE

1 7:16 7'16"/km

2 13:49 6'33"/km

3 20:49 7'00"/km

4 28:06 7'17"/km

5 35:31 7'25"/km

6 42:55 7'24"/km

7 50:36 7'41"/km

8 57:56 7'20"/km

9 1:05:50 7'54"/km

10 1:13:36 7'46"/km

Unofficial din... measured with my Nike+ sportsband

Hope you will run din sa Adidas KOTR... Have fun guys!

sir turk, accurate ba ung nike+ sportsband?

Accurate naman... 90%-95%... and I love the Nike+ home where you can socialized and join challenges...

The Nike 10k run measured 10.03km in my sportsband...

Disadvantage: Well I bought the sportsband June this year, then it suddenly got broke after a month of using it... Nike park in BGC changed the item without further question... until now my new sportsband still working fine (sana nagkataon lang na nasira... 1 year warranty lang eh)

Im planning to keep the sportsband and use another watch with heart rate monitor... is HRM really good? Any brand... Im looking on Gamin or Polar so GPS is possible

Hope it helps...

My next run will be Chevy run 25k... See you there!

Turk, if it is the heart rate monitor (and all the other data that you can extrapolate from it) that is important to you, go with Polar. That's the technology its known for. It is so good at it that my HRM works underwater. Something that Garmin has yet to match.

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Just wanna share an article i've read at Phil. Star cool.gif

NUTRITION FOR RUNNERS

Before you lace up

Starting any exercise with a slight degree of dehydration or blood glucose at theminimum is going to affect your performance, regardless of your level offitness. Even a small degree of dehydration can affect howwell your muscles work, and a low blood sugar will increase theamount of lean body tissue that gets burnt in order to fuel your muscles. Somake sure you are 100% hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the hour or twobefore your run, and if you haven’t eaten anything for more than two hours,take a light snack to raise your blood sugar level above baseline.

Early Morning Runners

• Always drink some fluids before you run. Diluted fruit juice orisotonic sports drink work well, water is ok if you are eatingsomething too

• Boost up a low blood sugar with a small banana, a cereal bar, a couple of wheatcrackers or plain biscuits, or a piece of toast. Keep awayfrom foods that have proteins of fats, like milk, eggs, butter, asthese digest slower

Lunchtime Runners

• Make sure you eat something mid-morning, a banana, some Trail Mix, or a muesli barwill all help to boost blood sugar

• Drink plenty of water during the morning

• You won’t have time to digest a full lunch before your run, and running too soonafter can cause discomfort when you run as the critical food components don’thave enough time to get to your workingmuscles

Evening Runners

• If lunch at work means a sandwich, you will need to eat something before you gorunning. Keep it small and major on carbohydrates if it’s just before youset-off

• In addition to the bottle of water during the morning, drink one throughout theafternoon to keep in good fluid balance

• If you are feeling a bit weary, a cup of coffee can boost your mental state and helpconserve muscle fuel reserve for the later stages of your run. Don’t be temptedto load up with ‘energy’ drinks which can dehydrate you.

Keeping Your Body Running

On the Road

• Always try to take some fluid on-board to offset sweat losses. Water is ok at lowerintensities (jogging rather then running), and if your run is no longer thanabout 30 minutes.

• If you are working harder, it is hot and humid or you sweat heavily, you can reallyhelp maintain your running form by taking an isotonic sports drink to replacesalt losses and support blood sugar.

• Don’t wait till you are thirsty, that means you are already dehydrated and then it ishard to get back in balance while you are still exercising

Recovery starts when you stop!

In your first 20 to 30 minutes after you stop running, you have a great window ofopportunity to rehydrate, refuel and start the muscle rebuilding process:

• Makesure you drink at least 500mls of fluid as soon as possible, water sportsdrink, juice and water

• Refueling means carbohydrates, and rebuilding means protein, and the good newsis that delivering them both in the same package enhances the uptake of bothinto the muscle. If you are going to eat a meal soon after running, that willtake care of both needs, but if it is going to be more than one hour before youeat, start your recovery with a small snack.

• Milkplus cereal or a muesli bar

• Smallsandwich or roll with ham or turkey

• Low-fat yoghurt plus a banana

• Low-fat chocolate milk or a ‘recovery’ product like protein recovery shake

The golden rule is eat and drink something!

Long-term performance strategy

You can maintain a good level of muscle glycogen, the storage form ofcarbohydrates, just by making sure you always include a carbo-rich food likebread, cereals, rice, pasta or potatoes in each main meal of the day. Aim for these foods to make up around a third to half of your plateful at each meal andyou can be sure you are always well fuelled for your run.

Help your body to recover more effectively, and support your immune system by havingat least 5 servings a day from the fruit and vegetable food group. Never everforget the final magic ingredient that goes hand-in-hand with good nutrition tomaking real advances in your running – REST! You body needs time to

repairand rebuild the muscles to make you a faster, fitter runner in the future!

Advised by Sally Parsonage, Head of Nutrition Division, IMG Academies Performance Institute. Follow these nutrition tips and get ready for the biggest adidas King of the Road race happening October 23 at BGC! Register and pay online at www.adidaskingoftheroad.com or pay cash in adidas stores now until Sept 30, or while race slots last. Find adidas Philippines on facebook for details. In partnership with Powerade, Viva!, Manulife, and adidas Eyewear exclusively distributed by EO-Executive Optical.[/font]

Edited by Droidz1979

Thanks for the article Droidz Ill keep it in mind!

I ran the Adidas King of the Road 21k category

My time is 2hrs and 40mins

The day before I went to fairytalezz spa... Love it!

After the race I went to Kuusamo Spa Makati ... Great!

I have a terrific weekend!

Droidz1979 -- nice article to read bro :) thanks for sharing

Thanks for the article Droidz Ill keep it in mind!

I ran the Adidas King of the Road 21k category

My time is 2hrs and 40mins

The day before I went to fairytalezz spa... Love it!

After the race I went to Kuusamo Spa Makati ... Great!

I have a terrific weekend!

congrats bro. lufet. yan ang tinatawag na High Mileage (as pun and literally) haha

hanapin ko FRs mo ha :)

later today (Monday) we will be deciding which category my officemates and I will join sa RU3 (10, 15, or 21K)

im already registered sa HSBC fun run (10k -- may early bird promo sila 600 nalang registration.. dami freebies -- http://www.hsbcrun.com.ph/)

still deciding kung tatakbo ba ako sa greenhills eco run (mura lang kasi)

Note: For those who ran sa Nike We Run Manila, check your results again sa FB. Nike added a video about the event and sa finale, andun ung name and ranking mo sa run. you could share it sa fb wall mo if you like