Running

daDJ

Still planning kung HSBC run or Nathan Tagaytay run...

My next run is Chevy run 25k

RU3 32k

wink.gif I havent tried 32 in practice... but 25 is possible... pray for me!

Time in Nike 01:12:17.38 rank 1094... out of ilan kaya...

Hay! hirap!

gudlak bro. we decided to just join the 15k sa RU3 ^_^

i saw the registration ng QCIM sa megamall ah... 2nd floor ata yun sa walkway in between Mega A and B.. mag full marathon ka na ba dun if ever?

gudlak bro. we decided to just join the 15k sa RU3 ^_^

i saw the registration ng QCIM sa megamall ah... 2nd floor ata yun sa walkway in between Mega A and B.. mag full marathon ka na ba dun if ever?

Di ko pa kaya ng full marathon... but still will try kung kaya ko na...

Well after the next month long runs...

Maybe next year I will try to figure out on making speed on lower distances... will just join 10k

(minsan kasi nanghihinayang ako sa shirt and medal ng 21k kaya ako sumasali :mellow:

Ano ba nangyari sa MTC running club? May balita ka b?

@turk -- nde ko na lam anu na nangyari sa planong mtc running club.. :(

@spy_der_man -- what happened bro? over fatigue? kulang sa hydration/cooldown? dapat ata nag ESpa ka after, baka may "init" na nde mailabas kaya ganun :) (joke). baka medyo nabigla lang yung body mo since sabi mo nga, it was your 1st 21k.

@turk -- nde ko na lam anu na nangyari sa planong mtc running club.. :(

@spy_der_man -- what happened bro? over fatigue? kulang sa hydration/cooldown? dapat ata nag ESpa ka after, baka may "init" na nde mailabas kaya ganun :) (joke). baka medyo nabigla lang yung body mo since sabi mo nga, it was your 1st 21k.

haha dapat ba after the run diretso agad..friday before the run nag NPS ako sa makati..after run united 3..mag fusiaa na lang ako..dapat ba magwarm up before a 21k run kasi yung iba kong katabi sa starting line pawis na..i read kasi na before the run kelangan sobrang relax lang and carbo loading the day before the run..im totally new talaga sa running im just trying to push my self sa limits ko..kumbaga one of my bucket list ang 21k 42k saka yung ultramarathon BDM...just sharing.. :rolleyes:

haha dapat ba after the run diretso agad..friday before the run nag NPS ako sa makati..after run united 3..mag fusiaa na lang ako..dapat ba magwarm up before a 21k run kasi yung iba kong katabi sa starting line pawis na..i read kasi na before the run kelangan sobrang relax lang and carbo loading the day before the run..im totally new talaga sa running im just trying to push my self sa limits ko..kumbaga one of my bucket list ang 21k 42k saka yung ultramarathon BDM...just sharing.. :rolleyes:

@spyderman Well, Im really not good in running... but for my experience, warm up exercises is needed... rotation of knees arms head and body... and make sure you have walk around 500m to loosen up your leg muscle before the run....

then when running constant easy pace lang ako... 30mins then walk around 2mins... after nun 3-5mins jog with 1-2 mins walking just to finish the race... then far more important as I learned from a friend who is a coach at Runrio is the stretching AFTER the race... super ok un stretching talagang nakakawala ng fatigue sa legs :)

So far ok naman time ko... 7-7.5 mins per 1km ang pace but of course still need to improve

I really like to do the 42k or ultra.... but after my 32k sa runrio this november... siguro I will concentrate on fortifying the first 10k and 15k of my run... so deciding to do 10k only next year and develop good speed there :unsure:

Cheers!

@spy_der_man -- yes bro, cooldown/stretching AFTER the run is as important as warmup/stretching before the actual race, as it will help in the recovery process and prevent injuries. kala ko din dati basta takbo lang eh, nde pala. bro Turk made some good advices on his post. aside from stretching, make sure to eat/drink din after nung race. yung ESpa gnagawa ko yun probably 1week before ng run (pang alis lang ng stress) then 1-2 days after ng run. ang kaso, naii-skip ko yung massage part so wala din nyahaha

@spy_der_man -- yes bro, cooldown/stretching AFTER the run is as important as warmup/stretching before the actual race, as it will help in the recovery process and prevent injuries. kala ko din dati basta takbo lang eh, nde pala. bro Turk made some good advices on his post. aside from stretching, make sure to eat/drink din after nung race. yung ESpa gnagawa ko yun probably 1week before ng run (pang alis lang ng stress) then 1-2 days after ng run. ang kaso, naii-skip ko yung massage part so wala din nyahaha

thanks sa advice..sa run united ill just settle for 10k muna..

Chevrolet-New Balance Power Run

Things that could go wrong before a run :

• I slept late that night (around 9:45PM) as i was hooked watching the living dead season 1 movie series and had to finish it on one day
  • 10K race starts at at 5:20AM and woke up at 4AM, should have been 3AM but since i slept late then that is the price i pay
  • Walked for 10-15mins going outside the subdivision as there was barely a tryk at that time roving around
  • Taxi missed a turn that cost me 5 mins. thus I arrived at the race proper late and the run has already started
  • The rain was also pouring at that time thus all the runners were drenched
  • Also had a hard time finding the baggage area as it was number coded, i know it was organized and orderly than the usual when i claimed my bag though
  • Thus i was a good 10-20 mins late for the start of the race

The good side of the run :

• My first wind run was good as i was able to pass thru several if not quite a few runners who were walking or had a run-walk pace and it lasted til i reached the 5K distance
  • The 10K route included the Kalayaan fly-over which was not part of the original route when i reviewed the map prior after i got my race kit together with the singlet when i registered at Shangri-la Mall back in Sept.
  • It was raining so i did not have to worry about the heat
  • I only stopped at 1 water station, took a banana and a 100 plus instead of the water
  • My pace run after was also relatively better as i continuously pass thru some of the runners
  • Still had the burst of energy to take my sprint run at the finish line
  • Final time was 1:19:46 so if i minus 15 mins then 1:04:46 or it could have been better and relatively closer to my best time way back at around 53mins.
  • There were also lots of freebies given and i bought a black Soleus shirt for 500 bucks that i felt was very sulit from the quality of the fabric, to its look and its feel when i wear it

All in all it was a good run but if would probably be better to sleep early and wake up early to arrive on-time. I know this is not my first, arriving late on a race run that is but am hoping that i've finally learned my lessons this time and make this the last tongue.gif

post-263321-0-44390300-1320706507.jpg

1am na dito sa office.. start stretching and warm up na for the 15k run (ayos! then attend binyag, tapos pacman fight afterwards.. sana nde ako antukin manuod sa laban dahil sa puyat/pagod) good luck to all runners :)

Musta 15k! Sir ppdd!

I tried the Afroman Distance of 32k and made it 4hrs and 30mins!

Mainit and Mahirap!:mellow:

RU3 15k run -- wala ata ako sa wisyo tumakbo that day. ang bilis ko napagod. then at the 12km mark, parang all-in na ako. had to walk the last 3kms with cramps (again). haha. finished with an unofficial time of 2hrs 20+mins.. bonus ko lang is magaganda yung 10k runners na nakasabay ko that time. bawi nalang ako sa HSBC run (10k)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a good running shoes.... Any Reco.... Pa FR naman jan!

Nike Lunar Swift

Looks... 8.5

Comfort... 9

Ventilation ... 10

Stability ... 9

Duarability ... 5 (I just ran 550km with this shoes and it ran out of rubber :angry:)

Price... 10

Time to get another pair... pa help!

HSBC Fun Run 10K

unofficial time: 1hr 15mins+ (currently my personal best. yehey)

started a bit sluggish. 2km palang parang tutukod na ako. maybe its the lack of practice. buti nalang yung route meron talahiban. jingle muna sa gilid haha. after nun, parang light na yung feeling ko. no cramps this time. pansin ko tuwing solo ako tumakbo, dun maganda yung nagiging time ko eh (axn, hsbc). very busy na sa Dec. this might be my last run for 2011... unless nalang kung sipagin sa milo or qcim :)

ngayon tapos na ang takbo... espa marathon naman next week. woot woot

HSBC Fun Run 10K

unofficial time: 1hr 15mins+ (currently my personal best. yehey)

started a bit sluggish. 2km palang parang tutukod na ako. maybe its the lack of practice. buti nalang yung route meron talahiban. jingle muna sa gilid haha. after nun, parang light na yung feeling ko. no cramps this time. pansin ko tuwing solo ako tumakbo, dun maganda yung nagiging time ko eh (axn, hsbc). very busy na sa Dec. this might be my last run for 2011... unless nalang kung sipagin sa milo or qcim :)

ngayon tapos na ang takbo... espa marathon naman next week. woot woot

Ayos sir... Ako rin medyo di makakasali sa mga running events super busy this december...

Looking forward to TIMEX run on January!

• 3 weeks later...

Feedback on Rescue Run (for the victims of Sendong): masaya yung run kanina. magkahalo uphill and downhill. mas konti yung sumali pero parang ang sikip ng kalye. kasabay mo pa yung ibang cars sa gilid ng daan. ang maganda (nakakatuwa) kanina is, wala sya official na singlet. so halo halo yung mga suot kanina nung runners (i wore my AXN run singlet), yung iba naka costume pa. despite yung unang nakapost, there were water/hydration stations along the way (water and pocari sweat). dami din nag volunteer for the event. wala lang gaano portalet, so they advised the runners to use the 2 CRs available (buti onti lang kasali). so kahit na 9days lang ang prep to organize the event, i'd say ok pa din. it's a benefit run after all. happy new year to all runners :)