Gundam

extrarice3

Gusto ko sana tanggalin yung paint and chrome of some of my previously worked Gundams (and start anew).

Questions:

a) is brake fluid really effective in removing paint? Will not try lacquer thinner kasi nakakasira talaga...

B) will bleach help remove chrome parts? I dont like the chrome on my 1/144 zeta gundam... i like painting my gundams e.

Gusto ko sana tanggalin yung paint and chrome of some of my previously worked Gundams (and start anew).

Questions:

a) is brake fluid really effective in removing paint? Will not try lacquer thinner kasi nakakasira talaga...

B) will bleach help remove chrome parts? I dont like the chrome on my 1/144 zeta gundam... i like painting my gundams e.

some people use dot 3 brake fluid and you may need to soak it the brush the chrome off

• 2 weeks later...

i was surprised that the stocks of previous gundam models were all out upon the release of the Gundam 00 models..

still looking for the RX-98 V2 MG 1/100 model when i saw this metallic version of the RX-98V MG 1/100 scale

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G+nGGX6QL._SS500_.jpg

i just dunno if its really worth 4+++ Php equivalent price tag..:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought my first gundam kits sa Yokohama, Japan:

* Wing 0 - master grade

* Justice - 1/100

Problema ko, it was my first time... disaster pareho ang result.

I used paper cutter to cut the parts, not a wire cutter.

Well, since it was my first time then... bili nalang ako ulit, seriously this time.

Meron ba kayong advise on how to start? i.e. what tools to prepare?

I also want to add some details, like adding paints para sa metallic effect.

Thanks

this is how the mg sinanju would look like, i think the chest needs yellow paint for the armor details. i think they misassembled the waist armor, it should be at the back. I speculate the price would go around 4,200 to 4,500? about the same price as the mg sazabi.

post-44912-1223192213.jpg

post-44912-1223192315.jpg

Edited by leave
well, we all have to start somewhere ^_^ pero some basic tools that i use are x-acto knife to scrape of excess sprues, wire cutter, pangtanggal sa sprue trees, nail cutter or nipper and different grits of sandpapers. bro you can also try this website http://mechapinoy.net/forum it contains tons of info about gunpla :D

@rune, thanks for the advice. I will update you on the results. I'm planning to buy a kit this coming December pa. I will be reading more nalang muna.