Gundam

extrarice3

Notes: From Gunota:[1]

An announcement at the end of the Phase-Impulse MG Edition video says a new Gundam SEED MG kit will be coming in the Fall. Though the actual MS name isn't given, the background color scheme of the announcement strongly suggests one of Athrun's MS, with the frontrunner on Japanese boards being the Infinite Justice Gundam.

sawakas hopefully I. Justice na

• 2 weeks later...

bad trip namna kung ngaun lang lumabas ung infinite justice na mastergrade akala ko kasi walang lalabas na mastergrade yun kaya di na ako naghintay pa. but bibilihin ko pa rin yun if ever i na mura lang and hindi lalagpas ng 3k. sana infinite nga lumabas

• 2 weeks later...

I started collecting Gundam model kits with the advent of the Wing series.

My old Gundam 1/100s and 1/144s were destroyed by my youngest. The collection included 1/144 s of all the 5 Wing Gundams and Epyon, and I acquired a few 1/100s, namely a Wing Custom, Deathscythe, and Altron. Apparently these earlier models were mostly FGs, whereas most of the current 1/100 models all come as HGs whether it's indicated in the packaging or not. I think the 1/144 are still FGs.

I still have some of the old Gundams I have, and indeed there is a marked distinction in the material between the old models and the current ones.

Since my collection was destroyed, I thought I stopped collecting altogether, until I saw the 00 Gundams and got into collecting again.

I started with the Exia, but rather than collecting the other models in the series, I followed it up with Red Frame Astray (from MSV Seed). The Astrays and the 00 has similar designs especially in the articulation and heads.

I was planning to buy a Master Grade Wing Zero, since I've been drooling over one (and a PG 1/64 Wing Zero), but opted to get the Wing Gundam Version Ka.

I'm planning to get the 00 Kyrios and Blue Frame Astray next, hopefully when I finish my next project.

post-82879-1214130800.jpg

nice kits sir, btw what did you use on the panel lines, marker or wash? great job on your wing ka...im having some balancing issues with mine when it comes to the buster rifle

I used a Sharpie Fine point permanent marker. Though permanent, you can actually rub it off with your fingers (or a dull knife) when you make mistakes. Having a steady hand helps. Also, the more you use these markers, the thicker the line gets, and it's harder to panel narrow grooves.

The buster rifle did give me a problem. I just "locked" the gun brace onto the elbow joint. It took a lot of tweakiing to get it right. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the same problem with the Wing Zero, if and when I get it.

nice kits sir, btw what did you use on the panel lines, marker or wash? great job on your wing ka...im having some balancing issues with mine when it comes to the buster rifle

I tried modifying an RX-78 once. Tried markers and wash for panel lines but hated it. So I repainted them back and just knifed it to darken/deepen the lines. This way the lines look naturally dark, not just drawn black. If you can see the professionally done models on magazines you would notice that there is little or even no panelling done. Still, it depends on the hobbyist preference.

been some years na since i last assembled a gundam kit.

so far ang mga naassemble ko na are the following:

MG:

ZGMF-X10A Freedom (broke 4 parts due to move to a new house. Fortunately Bandai replaces up to 4 parts for free!)

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam v1 (broken due to faulty assemble)

HG 1/144:

RX-78-2 Gundam (someone either stole this or misplaced it in my former house)

RX-178 Gundam Mk II + G Defenser

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

ZGMF-X10A Freedom (my first one. nasobrahan sa thinner, so I had to fix cast it)

ZGMF-X09A Justice (someone either stole this or misplaced it in my former house)

ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom

ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice

XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero (EW)

XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell (EW)

XXXG-01H2 Gundam HeavyArms Kai (EW)

XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Kai (EW)

XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam (EW)

Plan ko buuhin yung RX-93 Nu Gundam ko, but I rarely have time (been very busy with kids and all).

Gusto ko sana makabili ng mga kits na ito sometime soon siguro pag may pera na:

MG:

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam v2

RX-93-2 Hi Nu Gundam

ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom

HG 1/144:

PMX-003 The O

ZGMF-X13A Providence

ZGMF-X42S Destiny

ZGMF-X666S Legend

GN-001 Gundam Exia

GN-002 Gundam Dynames

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios

GN-004 Gundam Nahdlee

GN-005 Gundam Virtue

Are the GN-00 1/144 designations different from the 1/100?

The kits I have assembled so far are the Exia (01), Dynames (02), Kyrios (03). The virtue is designated as 04, and the Astrea is 05 (I'm supposing this is an upgraded model of the Exia since they basically look the same). I'm planning to complete these.

1/100. I've had it with the 1/144s. I want more detail and challenge. I'm basically "saving up" for the 1/60 PG Wing Zero.

If you haven't gotten it yet, set aside about 4-5 months of free time in order to file, primer, paint, and assemble the headache inducing, duling making SOB. Too many small parts parts, needs a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it if you did a good job.

If you haven't gotten it yet, set aside about 4-5 months of free time in order to file, primer, paint, and assemble the headache inducing, duling making SOB. Too many small parts parts, needs a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it if you did a good job.

Indeed.

I don't paint, actually, but I might with the Wing Zero.

Indeed.

I don't paint, actually, but I might with the Wing Zero.

If you're going to get a PG model you can't just assemble it out of the box. It's too good of a model to be treated like a 1/144. It needs to be painted and detailed. If you don't, it's a waste of s good model.