New York Knickerbockers

well its gonna be a long way for d knicks..... beside marbury did nt play again tonight and maybe forever how many times will he be inactive list???? paying him for 21m just sitting on d bench???? nice job d'antonio.....

I read a story that before the 76ers game d'antoni and marbury talked and marbury asked d'antoni if he would ever play, then the coach said no, then marbury requested that he be included in the inactive list, and d'antoni said yes, but the author said on that night the knicks loss to 76ers, maybe the knicks could have been better if marbury played, oh well it's the coaches prerogative on whom he wants to play, I think I read the story in yahoo sports

Edited by pajac24
why let marbury go?!!! trade him instead he is on the last year of his contract

$20million off the cap next season would be a nice reason for any team to absorb marbury for the remainder of the year

talent wise he is far superior than any other knick in the roster

teams doesn't want to get marbury via trade, they don't want to get a player and absorb it's insane contract, teams rather want marbury via waivers or buy out, wherein they can get the veteran for a minimum of 1.something million dollars, teams are jockeying for positions for 2010 fire sale wherein they can get big blue chip players in the free agency like lebron james, dwayne wade, chris bosh and amare stoudemire, so teams now are clearing salary cap space for the 2010 fire sale hehehe

beside i read d news dat marbury contract cnt have a buyout deal. marbury have rights nt to buyout d contract he has... dis is why president donnie walsh will talk to d two people. this time its nt marbury faults either if d knicks cnt get a win.... if he let him play in bucks game knicks myt have diff. situation... i still believe marbury can win games he still knicks best player for now... worth 21million just benching wont help either. just let d dude play....

why let marbury go?!!! trade him instead he is on the last year of his contract

$20million off the cap next season would be a nice reason for any team to absorb marbury for the remainder of the year

talent wise he is far superior than any other knick in the roster

I was wondering about that myself (considering that the Knicks and Stephon wouldn't reach a buy-out agreement), why wouldn't other teams take his contract and have his large salary be written off their cap next season? :unsure:

Or is it because, since this would just be another salary dump, the other team might unload another bad contract to the Knicks as well (to match the contracts), and this is probably why the Knicks are leery of as well? think of the Cavs and Bulls trade last year (involving the contracts of Hughes and Wallace). And would want to avoid as much as possible as not to screw up their plans for the 'Bron race.

I was wondering about that myself (considering that the Knicks and Stephon wouldn't reach a buy-out agreement), why wouldn't other teams take his contract and have his large salary be written off their cap next season? :unsure:

Or is it because, since this would just be another salary dump, the other team might unload another bad contract to the Knicks as well (to match the contracts), and this is probably why the Knicks are leery of as well? think of the Cavs and Bulls trade last year (involving the contracts of Hughes and Wallace). And would want to avoid as much as possible as not to screw up their plans for the 'Bron race.

TO gherome,

The problem my friend is because Steph is a bad apple.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Every team that he played with ends up scratching their head asking "What the hell am I thingking?'..

I'm not against him but its his ego that is making him bad and its still haven't change ever since

his T-Wloves day with KG..

The same can be said with Eddy Curry,unless they get rid of this 2 guys the Knicks just hope that

the young ones continue to improve for the beter.. :thumbsupsmiley:

marbury, duhon, robinson, or collins as the point guard for my team.. hmmm -_-

quite an easy decision for me ^_^

D'antoni should just forget about the "giving the knicks a new look" thing for now and let marbury play,

six months and he is gone anyway and since a buy-out is out of the question..

marbury will still be the face of the new york knicks until his contract is up.

it does not matter whatever D'antoni does to cover up this fact :)

marbury, duhon, robinson, or collins as the point guard for my team.. hmmm -_-

quite an easy decision for me ^_^

D'antoni should just forget about the "giving the knicks a new look" thing for now and let marbury play,

six months and he is gone anyway and since a buy-out is out of the question..

marbury will still be the face of the new york knicks until his contract is up.

it does not matter whatever D'antoni does to cover up this fact :)

Dude this is the best thing for the Knicks right now kumbaga "Killing 2 birds in 1 stone" sila..

They are trying to develop their young players and at the same time win games na din.. Lets face it

Starbury is no Steve Nash,he does not listen to his coach, so he would rather have Chris Duhhon be his PG for now

and wait for the pg of his dream to come ( I think they are lining this up for the 2010 or 2011 for Ricky Rubio )..

well then just trade him to d grizzlies or wolves together w curry para matapos na ito... i read in yahoo sports news marbury seek help frm d union player for wat d'antonio done to him.... maybe d union myt help him out....

I don't know ha? This is just my 2 cents' worth: I won't blame D'Antoni if he doesn't want to play Marbury. It's the GM's job to get a suitable resolution to this by either buying out Marbury's contract or trading him (any takers?). This is starting to become a distraction for the promising Knicks and in this case, we should not expect the coach to give in to the player. Besides, New York at 1-2 doesn't look so bad. :)

was a fan of the knicks when they were considered as the beasts of the east.

DEREK HARPER

ANTHONY MASON

CHARLES OAKLEY

PATRICK EWING

Johan Starks

LATRELL SPREWELL

LARRY JOHNSON

MARCUS CAMBY

CHRIS CHILDS

ALLAN HOUSTON

these were some of the toughest competitors i have ever seen. oakley was my man. Not really a fan of the superstars but more on the role players.

astig tong mga to!

isiah on the other hand is a dumb ass president. he should have been fired a long time ago

well then just trade him to d grizzlies or wolves together w curry para matapos na ito... i read in yahoo sports news marbury seek help frm d union player for wat d'antonio done to him.... maybe d union myt help him out....

Thats the main problem dude.. NOBODY wants Starbury and his big contract.. :unsure:

Curry has a chance to be traded BUT again his contract is the only one that is preventing

him to be traded ( Blame Isaiah for paying max money to a center who can't even get more than

5 rpg and play defense in 30 mpg ).. I think he is a perfect fit for Miami if they can trade him for

Marion since they got Haslem do do the dirty work for him at the boards and at defense..

Thats the main problem dude.. NOBODY wants Starbury and his big contract.. :unsure:

Curry has a chance to be traded BUT again his contract is the only one that is preventing

him to be traded ( Blame Isaiah for paying max money to a center who can't even get more than

5 rpg and play defense in 30 mpg ).. I think he is a perfect fit for Miami if they can trade him for

Marion since they got Haslem do do the dirty work for him at the boards and at defense..

Read this guys..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...bury/index.html

For the Knicks, waiving Marbury is the guaranteed right thing to do

Back in September, weeks before Mike D'Antoni's players were scheduled to arrive at training camp, I asked the new Knicks coach about his relationship with team president Donnie Walsh. D'Antoni, if you recall, had just endured a turbulent final season in Phoenix during which he clashed with general manager Steve Kerr over what style to play and which players were going to play it. With that in mind, were D'Antoni and Walsh, who did not have more than a casual relationship before joining forces in New York, on the same page as far as the direction of the team?

"Absolutely," D'Antoni said. "We both want to move this team in a new direction."

Less than two weeks into the season, it appears D'Antoni and Walsh are conflicted on who is going to help them get there.

The issue is Stephon Marbury, the point guard who played a starring role in New York's reenactment of Titanic last season and who has been an overwhelmingly negative influence on the organization since he arrived four years ago.

D'Antoni, the coach, can't stand Marbury and would just as soon invite him to Thanksgiving dinner than put him in a game.

Walsh, the personnel boss, would like to see the team get something out of the $21.9 million investment it is making in Marbury this season.

Rock, meet hard place.

It's hard to blame D'Antoni for his position. Like Walsh, D'Antoni is trying to change the culture of a once-proud organization that has devolved into the laughingstock of the NBA. But without authority over personnel decisions, the only way D'Antoni can have an impact is through the choices he makes on the bench.

And he has made some tough ones. Eddy Curry, one of the team's top low-post threats and highest-paid players ($9.7 million this season), hasn't played a minute after coming into training camp out of shape and displaying a laissez-faire attitude toward D'Antoni's offense. Jerome James, who has been stealing money from New York since signing a five-year, $30 million contract in 2005, has been good for a pregame chest bump or two with his teammates but not much else.

For those keeping score at home, that's $16 million and about 600 pounds of center camped out at the end of the bench.

But D'Antoni's most difficult decision has been Marbury, who played well in limited minutes in the preseason but has been active for just one regular-season game. D'Antoni's official position is that with his backcourt rotation already set (Chris Duhon and Jamal Crawford start and Nate Robinson is the first guard off the bench), he would rather not disrespect a player of Marbury's stature by playing him a few minutes a game.

What D'Antoni is not saying -- and what the coaching staff is thinking -- is that he doesn't need the headache that will inevitably come when Marbury becomes dissatisfied with his minutes and publicly states his desire for more. At various times during his career, Marbury has sent mixed signals by claiming he would do what was best for the team one day and declaring his intention to play like "Starbury" the next. The last time Marbury was told he would be playing a reduced role, he hopped a plane out of Phoenix and abandoned his team for a game early last season.

To his credit, Walsh has not ordered D'Antoni to play Marbury. Walsh frequently told reporters in the offseason that he had "bought Mike D'Antoni," and undermining his coach a few games into the season would set a terrible precedent.

Still, Walsh should respect his coach's opinion and cut Marbury loose. Though Walsh is loath to eat any guaranteed contracts -- releasing Patrick Ewing Jr., an excellent practice player and a popular figure in New York, instead of swallowing guard Anthony Roberson's $800,000 deal is a prime example -- he has to know that keeping Marbury in the locker room just invites distraction. A trade is not an option for now: League sources say that despite having an expiring contract, Marbury has virtually no value until the February trade deadline. Meanwhile, negotiating a buyout with Marbury, who acts as his own agent, is trickier than navigating the streets of SoHo blindfolded.

Walsh should back up all his praise for D'Antoni and pull the trigger on the move that the coach, without publicly acknowledging it, sorely wants. He should back off his recent statement that he was not going to trade, waive or buy out Marbury. He should accept the possibility that Marbury will sign with Miami after being released and light up the Knicks later in the year. There are a lot of things Marbury can do to the Knicks when he plays against them. But none of those things are as potentially damaging as what he can do to the Knicks if he stays with them.

for d first time d knicks got there own winning streak win over d wizard 114-108.

randolph playing his best in knicks uniform got 22pts 13reb. 2ast. and 1stl. while crawford got 23pts 3ast. 1reb. and 1stl. off d bench robinson 17pts and lee 13pts share for d knicks. thanks for marbury nt playing at all.....