Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

pnoize,

Someone beat me to that particular mamiya :(

There is another one going for about 19k. 90mm f3.5 and a 6x4.5 (YUCK) back. (would have wanted the original 6x7) its a RB67 Pro-SD and it looks good too.

I found also a Hasselblad 500 c/m for 45k. It comes with a 6x6 back and an 80mm f2.8 Zeiss 2x coat :)

What would you get? :-s

I've got a working TLR, a Rolleicord III. Had to search the net for a manual on how to use it. Medyo nakakadisorient at first pero you get used to it. I like the DOF on the Rolleicord and I like how it teaches you to be patient to get the right shot. Dito ko rin nagamit ng husto yung lightmeter ko. :)

Interesting. I am shopping for some cameras in mind. I have my eye on an LCA and a Cannon D400 and I now also beggining to look elsewhere for a TLR. One thing that caught my eye on ebay was a Lubitel TLR pretty interesting device and when I had a chance to purchase one I will include also a light meter. Yay! More learning for me.

pnoize,

Someone beat me to that particular mamiya :(

There is another one going for about 19k. 90mm f3.5 and a 6x4.5 (YUCK) back. (would have wanted the original 6x7) its a RB67 Pro-SD and it looks good too.

I found also a Hasselblad 500 c/m for 45k. It comes with a 6x6 back and an 80mm f2.8 Zeiss 2x coat :)

What would you get? :-s

at that price, i'd go for the hassie!

I would like to buy slr canon, what can you guys recommend which model to buy and the lens? I'm planning to shoot my sis wedding this January.. kaya have to learn fast... thanks

Sir I wud suggest getting a Canon400D or a 350D syang there's a seminar on-going now for basic photography which I'm currently enrolled at. Marami ka matutunan dun

Hey guys! First time to log into this thread and I believe there's more for me to learn but most importantly is that maybe there's more for me to share. I kinda lost the passion to this hobby coz I got caught into the rat race. Anyways, I have more time now to keep the flame burning again! And together with you guys, maybe we all will take more memorable pix that our friends and families will remember us by!

Usapang fstop naman tayo. I got curious.

My friend lend me an LCA a few weeks back. Sabi nya wag ko na lang alalahanin ang yung ibang values, just always set it to automatic. As for me I am curious and I want to know how different values affect the outcome of the photo, but unfortunately before I had the chance to experiment, my friend borrowed it back. The only thing I know about fstops is that the lower the value, the more light comes lets in and vice versa; also from what I gathered it is also a distance between the apperture and film.

Anyone can give more inputs on this? How is it related to shutter speed, ASA/ISO? How are different values function and how it affects the outcome of the photograph?

Edited by mig 22

Its quite hard for an amateur like me to explain this but lemme try.

A technically good photograph is made using the exposure triangle. Each side has an effect on the other opposing sides. If you touch one, the other sides are affected as well. The 3 sides are: 1)ASA/ISO 2)Fstop/Aperture Opening and 3)Shutter Speed.

There is no "perfect" combination of all 3. Its all about experimenting.

ASA/ISO (or film speed) usually ranges from as low as 50 to as high as 1600 (there are special 3200 asa films too). The lower the value, the less sensitive it is to light. You get a darker picture but with less grain. A higher sensitivity film will cause you to get a better exposed picture, at the expense of quality. Many kodak films (portra) have great performance even up to 800ASA, so take the plunge.

I'll make a chart for aperture and post it later.

I hope I can shed a little light and not confusion to your inquiry. fstops or aperture is commonly knoiwn as lens opening. Normally numbered 32, 22, 16, 11, 8, 5.6, 4, 2.8, 2, 1.4, 1.2 in the lens of your slr cam. Yes, the bigger the number the smaller the lens opening and vice versa. So the bigger the number means smaller hole for the light to pass and the smaller the number means bigger hole for the light to pass. This affects your picture in a sense that more light means brighter pics and less light means darker pics. Sometimes too much light makes your pics brigther than normal or over exposed and less light darker than normal or under exposed.

Other than lens opening, the shutter speed also affects the exposure of your pics. Shutter speed or commonly known as speed is the amount of time the film is exposed to light. Normally numbered 1,2,4,8,15,30,60,125,250,500,1000,2000,4000 in your camera. This numbers are fractions of a second. Meaning 1/1 sec or 1 sec. 2 is actually 1/2 sec or half a second and so on like 4000 or 1/4000 sec. So you can imagine dividing 1 sec into 4000 parts. That's how fast 1/4000 is. The longer the film is exposed to light makes bright pics and shorter than normal makes dark pics. This is with the assumption that the lens opening is constant. This is one thing that everybody hates about photography, at a certain point it becomes so technical. So they buy PS Cameras. You want to be a pro, you have to pass all this tech stuff at one point or the other.

Other that lens opening and speed, the ISO/ASA rating of the film also affects the exposure of the pics. Normally known as film speed and numbered 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100, 64, 50, 32, 25, 12 in the film box. The higher the rating the more sensitive to light the film is. So assuming lens opening and speed constant, 1600 asa rating film will give you too bright pics and 25 asa film will give too darki pics. I just hope with all this bla bla you were able to get the relationship of one with the others.

Photographic exposure is an exact science that's the reason why there are numbers in the lens and cameras and films. With the right combination, you'll get the perfect exposure. Going to the right exposure is another lengthy story. I'd love to discuss it here but i might sound boring after awhile. Maybe some of our friends in this thread can share with everybody how to come up with the right exposure.

Yes, it's not in the bow it's in the indian but sometimes you have to sharpen some arrows too. So like what everybody says, shoot,shoot and shoot! The Fort Santiago Seminars are good if not the best for begginners.

Thanks for the information... its very helpful indeed... now I know what those numbers are really for... I usually set my camera just by 'instinct' (for lack of better term) and I used to have my camera to have the settings automatically...

Finally I gave up with the automatic settings because it cant produce the picture that I really wanted thus I switched to manual settings... altho I'm not that quick on getting the settings right about the instant I want to take a picture but I think I'm quicker now compared to when I just shifted to manual :P