Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Anyone know a place that can remove the hot mirror in my Canon Powershot and replace it with an IR filter or clear glass? I've been TRYING to do some IR pics with a Hoya filter, but the exposure required takes too loooong (at least 2 seconds on ISO 200).

Found a few sites on the net that can do it...problema lang ang mahal!

I'd use a tripod if I were you :)

Converting a camera to purely IR could be fun. If you have spare cameras :) if not, a filter and a tripod will do.

I'd use a tripod if I were you :)

Converting a camera to purely IR could be fun. If you have spare cameras :) if not, a filter and a tripod will do.

I do use a tripod...problem is i'm getting motion blur in the shots because of the wind. Also, the noise reduction on long exposures isn't as good on a Powershot compared to an EOS.

As for spare cameras...let's just say Ihave more than enough, which is why I can readily sacrifice my older G3 to convert it into a pure IR camera. Guess, ipon muna so i can have it converted abroad. Anyhoo, just in case anyone has any local contacts, share nyo nalang! thanks!

I do use a tripod...problem is i'm getting motion blur in the shots because of the wind. Also, the noise reduction on long exposures isn't as good on a Powershot compared to an EOS.

As for spare cameras...let's just say Ihave more than enough, which is why I can readily sacrifice my older G3 to convert it into a pure IR camera. Guess, ipon muna so i can have it converted abroad. Anyhoo, just in case anyone has any local contacts, share nyo nalang! thanks!

The wind can affect the camera-on-tripod's stability? Maybe it would be better to invest in a much stabler tripod like Manfrotto. It's worth it. I've tried 30 sec exposures outdoor with no blurring problems with the camera on a good tripod.

The good tripod might be cheaper than the conversion.

The wind can affect the camera-on-tripod's stability? Maybe it would be better to invest in a much stabler tripod like Manfrotto. It's worth it. I've tried 30 sec exposures outdoor with no blurring problems with the camera on a good tripod.

The good tripod might be cheaper than the conversion.

The wind was blowing, so the trees and plants were swaying (hence the motion blur). The tripod is just fine, although I do plan to upgrade my tripod with a better head soon.

thank you sir, how much exactly is it now and what store? as of this moment, i cant afford to buy any gadgets with cash...only by 12 months, 0 interest credit card scheme.

thanks!

Sori for the late reply compadre, some of my classmates told me hu recently bought there 350d for 32thou at quiapo.But i'll never reco anyone to buy there better buy at the Canon shops just to be sure. 400d cost just 42thou na lang maybe u cud check out Canon shops. I bought my 350d @ Canon dzone SM northedsa last june for 36thou.telling you bro it's a good investment msakit lang sa bulsa sa una.

Sori for the late reply compadre, some of my classmates told me hu recently bought there 350d for 32thou at quiapo.But i'll never reco anyone to buy there better buy at the Canon shops just to be sure. 400d cost just 42thou na lang maybe u cud check out Canon shops. I bought my 350d @ Canon dzone SM northedsa last june for 36thou.telling you bro it's a good investment msakit lang sa bulsa sa una.

Actually, there are shops there that are reputable and give out the same warranties as the ones in the malls. Quiapo, through the help of photographer John Chua has become a photographer's haven. You can basically find almost any equipment you might require for your shoots in quiapo. In fact, most professional photographers buy their stuff at the shops in Quiapo.

Some nubie fotos to share taken from last Sunday's (practice) shoot. Introducing Malgosia!

C&C is most welcome.

Thanks,

Jix

Malgosia's Portraits

http://static.flickr.com/111/295236059_8f817fe6b7.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/108/295236066_22a48b027e.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/117/295236057_5a4cecab6f.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/113/295236064_6cff4b912b.jpg

I'm not a pro... so dont take my C&C seriously :P

I prefer the pix where her cheeks & jaw are covered by her hair... I think her cheekbones doesn't match her square jaws... (please dont tell her I said that :hypocritesmiley: )

Your comments matter bro. Your points noted. Thanks! :D

Nothings wrong with her bro, it must be the nubie fotog. :D

I agree with nooblet here. I'm very particular of where the hair is placed to the point that I ask the stylist to move there hair where I want it or I ask the model to do it for me or at times I move the "lost" strand of hair myself.

I also see that the model has the tendency to slouch a bit. Try making her aware of it.

But what's important is that you and the model had fun during the shoot!

uu nga square face...heavy jaws....dapat....mataas yung camera....di po ako photographer :P

hmmm sa taas ang camera. i'll think about it. hehehe thanks.

I agree with nooblet here. I'm very particular of where the hair is placed to the point that I ask the stylist to move there hair where I want it or I ask the model to do it for me or at times I move the "lost" strand of hair myself.

I also see that the model has the tendency to slouch a bit. Try making her aware of it.

But what's important is that you and the model had fun during the shoot!

thanks pnoize. i thought i can get a way with 'messy hair' shot, as its intentional. :D looks like i cannot. :D

communication... noted sir. thanks for the comments and pointers pnoize. :)