Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Storm,

If you're preparing a portfolio of your sculptures, try to take one or two artistic shots (You nailed the one you posted) and shots from the front, sides, and back. Try to show details too. A good mix between technical and artistic is the way to go.

Big Dick,

Depends really. What's your budget and what will you use the lens for? :)

hi guys, i really checked out all the 24 pages and its all worth it. i recently got interested and thanks to all who shared their knowledge/tips/advices...i couldnt ask for more. now im planning to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 at P36,999 and currently offered 12 months 0% interest creditcard which means ill be shelling out P1,541 every payday for the next 12 months. i cannot raise that amount at once to buy it in cash and this mode of payment really makes it easier for me to purchase it. im a sony lover from the start from tv, hifi, phones, walkman, etc thus i picked the H5.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H5/ZYFRONT-LG.JPG

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 specifications

lens / zoom 36 mm - 432 mm (12x) (dig: 2x)

focus / macro auto | manual / 50m / 2cm

metering mode multi-pattern

aperture auto | manual / F2.8 - F8 (W), F3.7 - F8 (T)

white balance auto, 5 presets, manual

shutter auto | manual / 30s - 1/2000

exposure +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps

flash / mode pop-up - 4 modes, with / without red eye reduction / 0.3m (iso auto) - 16m (iso 1000)

viewfinder ttl electronic (201 kPix)

iso ratings 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000

image size 7M, 5M, 3M, 2M, VGA

image format jpeg

image compr. fine / standard

lag/cycle times

remote control self timer 10s, 2s

video options mpeg1 with sound - 640x480 (30fps | 16fps) / 160x112 (8fps)

audio options

connectivity usb 2 (hi-speed) / A/V (NTSC/PAL)

storage 3 2MB internal, memory stick duo (pro)

platform Windows Me/2000/XP; Macintosh OS 9.1/9.2/OS X (10.0 - 10.4)

extra features image stabilization

PictBridge compatible

is this a good buy? im a newbie and all i always do is shoot auto with my pathetic dsc-P32 (its has even no optical zoom!) hehehe. i will appreciate all your comments. thanks!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H5/ZYTOP-LG.JPG

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H5/ZYBACK-LG.JPG

lcd is 3.0 inches and runs on AA batteries.

sony's promo also includes gift certificate worth P3,000 for cybershot accessory; P5,000 for photoprinter/hard disk photo storage; P2,000 gps image tracking device; P2,000 network walkman and cleaning kit

need your comments guys before i buy this H5...thanks again!

:goatee:

the specs are not bad. but why stick with sony or this model? personally, i would not buy this, for 36K... i feel like i will quickly outgrow this camera. just my opinion bro, its still up to you. :)

im not a sony fan btw. :D

hi guys, i really checked out all the 24 pages and its all worth it. i recently got interested and thanks to all who shared their knowledge/tips/advices...i couldnt ask for more. now im planning to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 at P36,999 and currently offered 12 months 0% interest creditcard which means ill be shelling out P1,541 every payday for the next 12 months. i cannot raise that amount at once to buy it in cash and this mode of payment really makes it easier for me to purchase it. im a sony lover from the start from tv, hifi, phones, walkman, etc thus i picked the H5.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H5/ZYFRONT-LG.JPG

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 specifications

lens / zoom 36 mm - 432 mm (12x) (dig: 2x)

focus / macro auto | manual / 50m / 2cm

metering mode multi-pattern

aperture auto | manual / F2.8 - F8 (W), F3.7 - F8 (T)

white balance auto, 5 presets, manual

shutter auto | manual / 30s - 1/2000

exposure +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps

flash / mode pop-up - 4 modes, with / without red eye reduction / 0.3m (iso auto) - 16m (iso 1000)

viewfinder ttl electronic (201 kPix)

iso ratings 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000

image size 7M, 5M, 3M, 2M, VGA

image format jpeg

image compr. fine / standard

lag/cycle times

remote control self timer 10s, 2s

video options mpeg1 with sound - 640x480 (30fps | 16fps) / 160x112 (8fps)

audio options

connectivity usb 2 (hi-speed) / A/V (NTSC/PAL)

storage 3 2MB internal, memory stick duo (pro)

platform Windows Me/2000/XP; Macintosh OS 9.1/9.2/OS X (10.0 - 10.4)

extra features image stabilization

PictBridge compatible

is this a good buy? im a newbie and all i always do is shoot auto with my pathetic dsc-P32 (its has even no optical zoom!) hehehe. i will appreciate all your comments. thanks!

hello noziuk, thanks for the comment. i am aware that sony is not popular on cameras even if they bought KM. ive read forums and canon is a popular choice.

if P36,999 is not a good buy even if its 12months 0% interest....will a sony H5 at P27,100 cash be a good buy? i know a friend who sells it brand new at that price but the limitations are:

1) the whole amount is paid in cash - i find it steep for a cash outlay compared to the P1,541 every 15 days (p36,999 after 12 months) . its near Christmas and i can use that amount on other items

2) its only 6 months warranty compared to the 3 years if i buy it at sony

3) it has no gift certificates like the P3,000 for the accessories, P2,000 for the memory stick, P5,000 for the printer, P2,000 for the walkman and P2,000 for the gps

4) it comes in color silver - preferably i like black

5) i have creeping doubts if i dont buy stuffs with dealers - wala ako peace of mind.

so thats the reason why im considering on the P36,999 (12 months 0% interest) vs the P27,100 (cash).

but for you and others, setting aside my reasons, is it a good buy for P27,100? what other cameras do you suggest for this price.

thanks again guys! :mtc:

guys, ano magandang software sa pc ang pwedeng gamitin para mag ayos ng mga photo? especially yung may mga added efx? ike black and white tsaka yung pwede mag tanggal ng blur pag nag shot ka na? thanks

photoshop is the industry standard for post processing or pang-ayos ng pics. maraming filters na nagkalat sa internet for PS.

yup nooblet, i read that you had or still have the V3..i wanted that before but it was very expensive. i had the pathetic p32 then...well even up to now, hahahaha. :D

noziuk, wow, thats nice...galeng :thumbsupsmiley:

I think it really depends on what you'll be using the camera for. In my opinion, bec. I'm studying photography, it's a better investment to buy a DSLR camera, it maybe pricey but there are many SLR's nowadays that offer good prices. Now I do always carry a point and shoot camera a canon ixus, I would suggest bro that you look into getting a SLR camera maybe a canon or nikon brand. It will last you long and may bring out more the photographer in you. FYI a Canon 350D only cost now as much as the Sony model you want for 30++ :mtc:

Anyone know a place that can remove the hot mirror in my Canon Powershot and replace it with an IR filter or clear glass? I've been TRYING to do some IR pics with a Hoya filter, but the exposure required takes too loooong (at least 2 seconds on ISO 200).

Found a few sites on the net that can do it...problema lang ang mahal!

I think it really depends on what you'll be using the camera for. In my opinion, bec. I'm studying photography, it's a better investment to buy a DSLR camera, it maybe pricey but there are many SLR's nowadays that offer good prices. Now I do always carry a point and shoot camera a canon ixus, I would suggest bro that you look into getting a SLR camera maybe a canon or nikon brand. It will last you long and may bring out more the photographer in you. FYI a Canon 350D only cost now as much as the Sony model you want for 30++ :mtc:

thank you sir, how much exactly is it now and what store? as of this moment, i cant afford to buy any gadgets with cash...only by 12 months, 0 interest credit card scheme.

thanks!