Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

amen to that sir! :D

where was that shot taken at? what was your set up?

this shot was taken at Brescia, an italian resto here in cebu.

i had a table set near a large window and shot this using natural light. shot using RAW.

getting paid to do something i love, having to eat dishes like these for free, getting a bottle of good spumante then seeing your work on a glossy. i just love being a photographer. :thumbsupsmiley:

I have a bunch of photog friends from cebu.

I think the shadows on the plate could have been prevented with the use of a reflector. But for the equipment at hand... I'd say thats a great shot sir.

I dont get paid to do what I do. For now, the excitement of shooting is what fuels me. That and the appreciation and recognition of my work!

I have a bunch of photog friends from cebu.

I think the shadows on the plate could have been prevented with the use of a reflector. But for the equipment at hand... I'd say thats a great shot sir.

I dont get paid to do what I do. For now, the excitement of shooting is what fuels me. That and the appreciation and recognition of my work!

the passion and flame continues, the pay is a plus. there is noting like capturing a good image, paid or not.

sir linuz, some of my newer flower shots are film. Will post when I get scans. ill look for my digital flower shots now.

pnoize,

The money and affirmation is always appreciated though :D

mig22,

Same here. But I tend to criticize photos a lot. I always criticize my own work too and see how I can do better :)

mga dudes.. i dont know if this is the thread to ask for assistance. My LUMIX FZ-30 was totally submerged in fresh water when we were caving and of course it didnt work afterwards. I already brought it to panasonic service center and its been there for almost 3 weeks now and they have not diagnosed the problems of the cam... Im a bit weary, do u know any repliable repair shop that can do something about my camera..

hope for your favorable responses...

thanks

Guys! I have a Canon G6. It's a great cam. But I have problems in photographing moving objects, like my baby learning how to walk or my pet snake slithering across the floor. Any ideas on how to reduce that blurry image? What should my lighting be? Should I use an external flash or the built in flash will do? Or no flash at all?

What should the Tv or Av setting be? Thanks

Dirt,

The local panasonic service center is kinda slow. You just have to try to keep bugging them and showing them that you are the consumer and you dont deserve to wait too long for it. If they dont work on it quick, try any of the more reputable shops at hidalgo st.

ultimomachismo,

The Canon G6 is a great pro-sumer camera with a 7.1mp sensor, Shot with it a few times :) For moving subjects, learn to shoot in manual mode sir. I suggest using a fast shutter speed, and keep the aperture as wide open as possible. Also, bump up the ISO setting sir. Post your shots here so we can see better :)

Hi guys... just wanna share this with you :hypocritesmiley:

Openning of R. Hidalgo St. @ Quiapo Manila

----------------------------------------------------------

-There will be a rummage sale from september 29, 30 and october 1,

2006 on all photo shops.

-Event will start on 29th of Sept. at 8:00 am to be followed by ribbon cutting

by Mayor Atienza and Cong. Miles Roces at around 10:00am

-Ross Capili will provide a photos shoot of Models on the same day.

-Watch out for the Musical Bands and Ati-atihan sponsored by the

honorable Cong. Miles Roces

-Raffle coupons will be available at the stores and this will be

drawn on Oct 1.

No need to purchase just check the mechanics during the event or to

be posted here soon.

So prizes awaits for the lucky winners!

Photo Contest

----------------------

-The on-the-spot (ots) photo contest will run from Sept 29 to 30 only.

-Deadline of submission is on Oct.1, 2006@ 12noon.

-details of the contest will be posted soon. so bring your camera!

-what to shoot? R Hidalgo Openning, People, & Events.

-Awarding of winners of the OTS 4pm of Oct 1, 2006

i cannot relate with regards to the pay... hopefully someday. but now, im contented shooting for my own satisfaction/pleasure. :D

that's how it's supposed to be whether you get paid or not you continue to take pictures. it actually took me a good number of years before i started getting commissioned works.

here's a question:

do you take pictures and keep it? or do you show it to friends, relatives, etc.?

after answering that, answer this:

do you then take pictures for yourself? or for others to see what you see?

that's how it's supposed to be whether you get paid or not you continue to take pictures. it actually took me a good number of years before i started getting commissioned works.

here's a question:

do you take pictures and keep it? or do you show it to friends, relatives, etc.?

: yes i do keep them in my pc's hd and/or save a copy in a cd.

...im not really keen in showing my pics others... for now. i feel like my pics are not good enough. :( but i do show them to a close friend of mine... because she's very insistent. :)

: hmmm yes i do shoot for myself first. i want to be good at fotograpy, and to me it's nice if others appreciate your fotos, but if they don't its ok. but it doesn't mean i don't care about other people criticisms. :)

btw, what does this mean sir pnoize? i mean my answers :)

have a nice weekend everyone!

THE BEST WAY TO BECOME A MASTER IS TO BE AN APPRENTICE FIRST.

Try working for somebody, in different industries.

Find what you really like shooting and find your niche.

example: Toto labrador... fashion, anne geddes ... babies

good luck

Noted. Thanks for the tip Mr. Chair Man. :)

Edited by noziuK

Its not as easy as it sounds. You cant just be an apprentice just like that. Learn to shoot by yourself. Learn all the basics yourself. Have a firm foundation of the basics before even trying to be an apprentice. Im taking basic and advanced classes this Oct 7, 14, and 21 under Jay Alonzo. If anyone wants details, PM. Fee is 3500

Its not as easy as it sounds. You cant just be an apprentice just like that. Learn to shoot by yourself. Learn all the basics yourself. Have a firm foundation of the basics before even trying to be an apprentice. Im taking basic and advanced classes this Oct 7, 14, and 21 under Jay Alonzo. If anyone wants details, PM. Fee is 3500

i agree.