Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Hi, took this picture this morning at the beach. Wanted to get the "drama" in the sky, and this is what i got. What's wrong here? how could i have improved this shot?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/anton572/Santa%20Monica/DSCF0391.jpg

These are my settings:

ISO Sensitivity: ISO64

Aperture: F3.2

Shutter Speed: 1/2000

i'm using a circular polarizer fiter here

nice shot pnoize2k4.. the model is pretty cute too.. :) may i know how many lights u used for this shot? did u set up a light for the background, coz there's no shadow on it, tried to use a light a couple of times, i get shadows on the background here & there..

hello anton572, honestly i dont know how id shoot that pic if i were in your shoes, ive never tried shooting during dawn or dusk yet.. tried shooting in rainy weather, but i haven't had the film developed yet so im not sure how the shot went.. the pic looks nice especially the way the sunlight peeps thru the clouds, wish the sky had more color, a bit more blue maybe but i guess thats how a cloudy morning sky naturally looks :) the silhoutte is great :)

hello anton572, honestly i dont know how id shoot that pic if i were in your shoes, ive never tried shooting during dawn or dusk yet.. tried shooting in rainy weather, but i haven't had the film developed yet so im not sure how the shot went.. the pic looks nice especially the way the sunlight peeps thru the clouds, wish the sky had more color, a bit more blue maybe but i guess thats how a cloudy morning sky naturally looks :) the silhoutte is great :)

gooei: Thanks for the nice response, i think the better sky scenery shot is the sunset, you get much more interesting colors there. But, yah you're right, it does lack color. But then, you're right again....that's how it really looked like, there wasn't really much blue in the sky.

About the fountain, so when you look at the picture... your eyes tend to focus on how the water was captured, right? I was hoping, that would be the effect of that picture on the person looking at it. that's great.Thnks!

for HDR images. I usually take 3~5 pics with about +-.3EV. The ayala in HDR pic was 3 images (+-.3EV) and it was shot handheld. I suggest you use a tripod whenever you can. It is quite difficult to get good HDRs but the rewards are great. :) anyone here have a flickr?

New images

http://static.flickr.com/61/213968353_68e834169f_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/44/213968246_9093e905f5_o.jpg

Edited by Nooblet
ok now this is a SUPERB shot! Not many people use film and are this good. Mad Props to you sir!

whoops. forgot to include the image I was talking about

post-12478-1152365260.jpg

hey thats my shot!

shot it with a lomo lc-a then cross-processed it. used an expired fuji velvia iso50 thats why the colors are really whacked.

dont think, just shoot and try not to look at the viewfinder. you might be surprised. haha.

hey nooblet drop by my lomo thread on this section too and take a look at our shots! LOMO ON!

Commercial muna, If you have time on sept. 9, bored at walang magawa. Sa mga mahilig sa lomo, di alam kung ano yun, o kahit konti lang ang alam nyo aba'y pumunta kayo sa Blacksoup galley sa Cubao-x at siguradong magugustuhan nyo ito.

Edited by mig 22
.......... About the fountain, so when you look at the picture... your eyes tend to focus on how the water was captured, right? I was hoping, that would be the effect of that picture on the person looking at it. that's great.Thnks!

yeah, thats exactly how i see it, water first then fountain, etc :)