Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

post-42143-1154361630.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome sir pnoize. Anyway, here's one of my fave shots i took at Manila Bay. Please do give some comments and suggestions. Would filters be of any help in this kind of scene? Thanks.

nice pic, comment lang ha, im new rin sa photography, pero i think the composition is a bit heavy on the left side. sayang kung nasa right side yung araw... :)

nice pic, comment lang ha, im new rin sa photography, pero i think the composition is a bit heavy on the left side. sayang kung nasa right side yung araw... :)

i like how the sunrays are shown and the color of the clouds!

i'm not to keen on putting the sun on either side. i have always put my sun in the middle then an added subject on either sides.

Edited by pnoize2k4

hey, thnks for the comment. :cool: yah thought of that as well, when i was taking the shot...but if i shifted more to the left. iba na yun effect ng sun with the clouds and all.... and also, mas marami distractions, kasi masasama yun ibang tao who were there admiring the sunset. ;)...but, do you think that would be better? napaisip ako dun ha...

sir pnoize...thanks also for the comment. checked out your pics sa flickr...the colors are so clear and crisp. howd you do that... do you need a high megapixel cam to achieve that? or lighting is the factor? thanks :thumbsupsmiley:

shallow depth of fields...

I appreciate you comment sir. :cool: The shallow depth of field is intentional. I was trying to emulate those 'bokeh' fotos i see on the web, so I set the apperture at f1.4 to blur the background and make the bus handle with a different color stand-out.

sir pnoize...thanks also for the comment. checked out your pics sa flickr...the colors are so clear and crisp. howd you do that... do you need a high megapixel cam to achieve that? or lighting is the factor? thanks :thumbsupsmiley:

no problem anton. i'm glad you liked my photos. would you believe i only use a 6.3 MP camera? the crisp colors are a combination of light and correct exposure.

--------

as for the calculator pic. here's a clue...i used the biggest and cheapest light there is.

http://static.flickr.com/69/202790019_95ef343991_o.jpg

The Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything

can you guess what lighting i used here?

Thanks! I appreciate that.

Maron kaming ganyang calculator sa bahay namin! :lol:

Let me guess the lighting, it's from the back.

a pic I posted earlier but due to some technical problems didn't show up, so here it is again.

http://static.flickr.com/50/148797318_81a7f8c75d_o.jpg

PBB Celebrity Housemate Angela Calina

Angel in Black

but don't let it stop from making you guys guess what light I used on that calculator pic.

sir pnoize....my guess is that the light source is coming from the upper right hand of the subject....my guess with the light source? ...must have done that outdoors...the sun, as i've read is the best source of light.

-----------------

l3v3l.... the shot seems to be quite good for me. but there's something a bit off with it, just can't tell.... maybe the face of the analog clock can be a bit more clear...i don't know...this is coming from an untrained eye :)

-----------------

for those who are interested in buying a dSLR...i'm not sure if this is available locally, but i think this cam can be a good training cam for those who want to have a dSLR. might want to check the model with your local stores. The price is supposed to be less than half of a dSLR...even cheaper than a point&shoot cam. :thumbsupsmiley:

**the lcd has an option to show gridlines...to practice for "the rule of thirds"

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/Fuji/fuji_s5600zhand.jpg

Fujifilm Finepix S5200/S5600

how about my pix... care to comment??

thanks..

the white cap in the background is a bit distracting, i'm not even sure what your subject is. is it the analog clock? the digital clock or both? the composition need a lot of work, the focus is off since your focal point was at the rim of the analog clock. try following the rule of thirds.

Edited by pnoize2k4
sir pnoize....my guess is that the light source is coming from the upper right hand of the subject....my guess with the light source? ...must have done that outdoors...the sun, as i've read is the best source of light.

yes the light did come from the upper right hand and this was shot indoors near a big window. i used the sunlight as my source and used a slow shutter speed (15 secs.) to expose this correctly. of course, I did this using a tripod.

yes the light did come from the upper right hand and this was shot indoors near a big window. i used the sunlight as my source and used a slow shutter speed (15 secs.) to expose this correctly. of course, I did this using a tripod.

sir, how do you set the shutter speed at 15 secs? is that the ISO setting? aperture? not really quite familiar with those terms yet. Are there any rules in adjusting them?

hey, thnks for the comment. :cool: yah thought of that as well, when i was taking the shot...but if i shifted more to the left. iba na yun effect ng sun with the clouds and all.... and also, mas marami distractions, kasi masasama yun ibang tao who were there admiring the sunset. ;)...but, do you think that would be better? napaisip ako dun ha...

overall i like the pic, its just that boat :) like pnoize said, the sky looks great.. kinda cinematic actually.. hmm di ko naisip yun a, yung may mga tao sa tabitabi.. mahirap nga pag ganon, plus your on a pier sigruo & limted ang pagtatayuan mo, unless ul jump into the water :)