Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Damn, I miss scale modelling. I used to do this alot back in college. I still have this old kit of an F-14A. Its aws given to me by my prof. It's so old that the panel lines are raised, instead of being recessed the way they are done now. Unfortunately, he lost the decals. Anyone know of a good place to get decals for an F-14A 1/48 scale? I also lost my airbrisuh hose. where can I buy these things? It's been so long, that I'm not sure if the old places I used to visit still have these things. me and my buddies used to go to Greenhills for the stuff we need, but since they renovated Virra Mall, I can't find the old shops anymore.

You may wish to try ordering from JMN Hobbies at Harrion Plaza's second floor. If they do not have it on stock, Natalie can buy it for you.

As for the stores in Virra Mall, Special Toys Center is still there except that it is on the third floor near the escalator.

Jun

Damn, I miss scale modelling. I used to do this alot back in college. I still have this old kit of an F-14A. Its aws given to me by my prof. It's so old that the panel lines are raised, instead of being recessed the way they are done now. Unfortunately, he lost the decals. Anyone know of a good place to get decals for an F-14A 1/48 scale? I also lost my airbrisuh hose. where can I buy these things? It's been so long, that I'm not sure if the old places I used to visit still have these things. me and my buddies used to go to Greenhills for the stuff we need, but since they renovated Virra Mall, I can't find the old shops anymore.

For decals, check out TwoBobs Aviation Graphics, they produce one of the most complete line of US jet decals ever. I order mine directly from their website and instruct them to mail it to someone whom I know is going to Manila, since after a certain amount, shipping to anywhere in the US is free. Click the link below for their website:

http://www.twobobs.net/

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
You may wish to try ordering from JMN Hobbies at Harrion Plaza's second floor. If they do not have it on stock, Natalie can buy it for you.

As for the stores in Virra Mall, Special Toys Center is still there except that it is on the third floor near the escalator.

Jun

For decals, check out TwoBobs Aviation Graphics, they produce one of the most complete line of US jet decals ever. I order mine directly from their website and instruct them to mail it to someone whom I know is going to Manila, since after a certain amount, shipping to anywhere in the US is free. Click the link below for their website:

http://www.twobobs.net/

Thank you, kind sirs! Will go check them out.

Just came from Lil's to reserve the Trumpeter 1/32 Harrier, Super Tomcat, Super Hornet, Mig Fulcrum and Eurofighter Typhoon. I was looking for Josie but Lil told me she was no longer employed there. I felt uncomfortable asking what happened... would any of you guys know? :sadsmiley02:

we were at Lil's last saturday noon. did not notice ate Josie too. got Tamiya's 1/24 Alpine A110 and Ferrari F60. dami nyan doc ah. i only have the Tomcat and Hornet :)

Speaking of Josie, I also went to Lil's last Saturday (around 2 pm) because I was touring a fellow modeler from Canada around the different local shops (For those who are Armorama posters, you'd know him - Ted Hayward).

Anyway, I introduced him to Shakespeare last Saturday and somewhere in the middle of our chat, I asked about Josie. According to Shakespeare, she retired na daw. Nagsawa na siguro sa kakulitan nating mga customers niya. she probably thought it was time to devote time to her family or something like that.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know.

Jun

we were at Lil's last saturday noon. did not notice ate Josie too. got Tamiya's 1/24 Alpine A110 and Ferrari F60. dami nyan doc ah. i only have the Tomcat and Hornet :)

Gloss paint mode eh? I wanted to get the Trump Supertomcat and Superhornet but they were already sold out. Damn!

Speaking of Josie, I also went to Lil's last Saturday (around 2 pm) because I was touring a fellow modeler from Canada around the different local shops (For those who are Armorama posters, you'd know him - Ted Hayward).

Anyway, I introduced him to Shakespeare last Saturday and somewhere in the middle of our chat, I asked about Josie. According to Shakespeare, she retired na daw. Nagsawa na siguro sa kakulitan nating mga customers niya. she probably thought it was time to devote time to her family or something like that.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know.

Jun

Thanks for the heads up, last Saturday I bought some kits, including Trump's 1/32 Harrier and Revell's 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon. I was eyeing the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire but it cost over P4K! Anyway, good luck to Josie, she was my fave.

On another topic...

Does anybody know how to weave the rope bumpers of the German Land-Wasser-Schlepper (LWS)? It's quite complicated.

Jun

Wasn't there a build in Armorama? The articles I've seen in the mags used the resin sets.

• 2 weeks later...

just got started in this hobby as a result of the gun ban (no airsoft for me til june :thumbsdownsmiley: ) currently building a tamiya m1a2 abrams 1/35 scale....

almost finish in building after two weeks and will probably start painting within the week... any tips regarding painting/weathering? i still don't have an airbrush and only have a spray can of tamiya acrylic (light brown/sand)... can you please help me on what color to use in weathering, is yellow sand and black ok? how about on the tracks? leaving the tracks black doesn't seem realistic on a weathered tank...

i hope i can make a beautiful finish by only using spray cans and brushes to encourage me more in building another model (might sell some of my airsoft stuffs to buy an airbrush in the future..hehehe)

my next target is an academy merkava or tamiya british challenger... i'm planning to complete modern mbt's including leclerc and leopard unfortunately no stocks are available at lil's park square, only the challenger is available... i'm also eyeing the bradley or scorpion but no stocks as well... need help also where to find these models..thanks!

will post my finished work soon

Edited by onamae_wa
just got started in this hobby as a result of the gun ban (no airsoft for me til june :thumbsdownsmiley: ) currently building a tamiya m1a2 abrams 1/35 scale....

almost finish in building after two weeks and will probably start painting within the week... any tips regarding painting/weathering? i still don't have an airbrush and only have a spray can of tamiya acrylic (light brown/sand)... can you please help me on what color to use in weathering, is yellow sand and black ok? how about on the tracks? leaving the tracks black doesn't seem realistic on a weathered tank...

i hope i can make a beautiful finish by only using spray cans and brushes to encourage me more in building another model (might sell some of my airsoft stuffs to buy an airbrush in the future..hehehe)

my next target is an academy merkava or tamiya british challenger... i'm planning to complete modern mbt's including leclerc and leopard unfortunately no stocks are available at lil's park square, only the challenger is available... i'm also eyeing the bradley or scorpion but no stocks as well... need help also where to find these models..thanks!

will post my finished work soon

For a long time I used spray cans and weathered with acrylics, oils and pastels. Most of the time the results were acceptable to me, and sometimes I get lucky and get some real good weathering done without resorting to an airbrush. However, weathering with an airbrush can give your fantastic results if done properly. That being said, you can weather using a darker shade of yellow/sand by mixing it with brown or raw umber. If you mix too much sand with black you may get olive drab. For the tracks, metal parts will usually be brown or ground color, but if there are rubber pads, you can paint this with a dark gray, then weather the tracks. You can try other hobby shops for the Tamiya Leclerc but there is an old Heller kit for that. I suggest you look for the Tamiya one, the Heller is very hard to find and it is a multimedia kit. Academy has several Bradleys and AFV Club has a Scorpion.

thanks doc! i'm finished with the abrams just this weekend.. i sprayed for base color tamiya light brown/sand then wash it over with burnt umber then another wash with desert yellow...for the tracks i washed it over with a darker shade of burnt umber then dry brush with metallic gray... will post picture when i get some time

saw a bradley in MCS, hopefully its still there this weekend :rolleyes: