Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Yes of course. Pretty clear case of AMS. Strange how the stories are mostly alike, starting with the hobby at a young age, putting it aside when girls are discovered and then going back to it when you have the funds to splurge on it. I remember using Duco cement as a kid. When I was assembling a 1/48th plane, the instructions said to put some weight on the nose so it wouldn't be a tail sitter. Of course, I glued a rock inside the nose cone with a generous dollop of Duco cement (the more the merrier right?). The next day I found that the nose on the tabletop, looking as if it had gone limp, thanks to all the Duco cement.

Ah, Duco Cement. Yessir, I remember thee well. Siyempre Revell (Red Yellow and Blue tube) was the preferred cement but Duco. That sweet and sharp smell which, not only melted my radar antennae, strengthened my lungs. Now, spray painting fumes don't even bother me. Hehehe

Speaking of weights, what do you use to weigh down your kits? Me, I use BB pellets and white glue. It does take time to set up. I also use it to keep 1/16 figures standing. Siyempre, the more kakulitan to buy, the better. Mwahahahaha.

my 1st post of my workl

it's a challenger 2 w/ dozer blade (Op. Telic)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/duff_beer_ph/2.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/duff_beer_ph/scan0003.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/duff_beer_ph/scan0001.jpg

trumpeter kit :)

Namputcha, ang galing eh. Wish I could inherit some talent and skill from these messages.

Ah, Duco Cement. Yessir, I remember thee well. Siyempre Revell (Red Yellow and Blue tube) was the preferred cement but Duco. That sweet and sharp smell which, not only melted my radar antennae, strengthened my lungs. Now, spray painting fumes don't even bother me. Hehehe

Speaking of weights, what do you use to weigh down your kits? Me, I use BB pellets and white glue. It does take time to set up. I also use it to keep 1/16 figures standing. Siyempre, the more kakulitan to buy, the better. Mwahahahaha.

Yes, the sweet smell of duco cement which I was too young to get addicted to. I loved the smell of enamel paints better, especially the Testor's label. I also use white glue and fishing weights. I can hammer the weights to almost any shape and besides, the oval ones are perfect for most aircraft noses. I just have to remember not to wash my model too often. The water melts the white glue.

Yes, the sweet smell of duco cement which I was too young to get addicted to. I loved the smell of enamel paints better, especially the Testor's label. I also use white glue and fishing weights. I can hammer the weights to almost any shape and besides, the oval ones are perfect for most aircraft noses. I just have to remember not to wash my model too often. The water melts the white glue.

Enamal ng Testor's, putsa Doc, your a man after my heart. Grabe I think I still have those empty bottles (glass pa with white cap). Hay, ang sarap mag-reminisce. Ever made An Aurora kit? What's your take on the new Revell kits?

Tamiya's He219 Uhu had a great review on the nose-weight that they provide with the kit. Galing nga naman.

I didn't know this had competitions... :blink: I used to collect robot figurines from the Japanese anime Gundam. I have around 3-5 models displayed in my room. Scaled 1/100 sila. Hehe. Pero iba ata yun sa mga ginagawa niyo :blush:

Most of the pics posted here are scale models of ships, planes, & tanks & others... there is a thread devoted to Gundams & Mechs in this section too :P

right now doc, my computer hard disk back down last night, i'm not yet done fixing my hard disk, :) very soon doc.

No worries there sir. When I get brave enough to take pictures of my kits, I will post them here, too.

Enamal ng Testor's, putsa Doc, your a man after my heart. Grabe I think I still have those empty bottles (glass pa with white cap). Hay, ang sarap mag-reminisce. Ever made An Aurora kit? What's your take on the new Revell kits?

Tamiya's He219 Uhu had a great review on the nose-weight that they provide with the kit. Galing nga naman.

I think we were on the same timeline. I remember painting my kits using gloss enamel paint. You bet I made those old Aurora kits as well as the Revell kits. But of course Tamiya kits were more affordable and available then. Generally the new Revell kits are OK especially the ones made by Revell of Germany. What I'm trying to get are the 1/32 Hasegawa kits that were reissued by Revell, they are much cheaper than buying them under the Hasegawa label. The only one I have seen and bought so far was the 1/32 Bf109E.

Wasn't that Tamiya He 219 cool? Now all the modern Tamiya tail sitters have nose weights that are integral to the kit. What I can't understand is why the 1/48 armor kits have metal hulls or why the 1/35 LeClerc has metal wheels.

For the coming Nationals there are categories for Gundam kits too. Not as broad as the events of our friends at Mechapinoy, though, but there is still representation. Try your luck, you might bring home a trophy or two.

:)

Are you joining? I'm sure to go just to drool over the amazing kits to be entered.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR