Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Yes you can use mighty bond superglue or if you insist, even the mighty bond five minute epoxy. But I would really suggest Tamiya cement for plastics.

thanks... la kasi dito tamiya outlet e.. so for the moment mighty bond muna me.. for practise

where can i find some ebooks bout airbrushing pala? do u have any idea dr pepper? or yung pag paint sa scale models

thanks... la kasi dito tamiya outlet e.. so for the moment mighty bond muna me.. for practise

where can i find some ebooks bout airbrushing pala? do u have any idea dr pepper? or yung pag paint sa scale models

Where are you located? If you drop by the malls you can usually find a Special Hobbies store or Lils Futaba in Glorietta, SM North, Virra Mall, Megamall, Ali Mall, South Mall, Festival Mall etc. While there is nothing wrong with using Mighty Bond super glue, you don't have much room for error since it sticks right away. The Tamiya plastic cement or other tube type cements lets you position the parts before it becomes permanent, you just have to tape it in place since in 24 hours the plastic will be bonded. Superglue doesn't melt the plastic like the plastic cement does so while it resists pull, it has less shear resistance. Using the tube glue found in some Academy kits and the early Trumpeter kits also work but use an applicator. Straight from the tube is a bit messy. Try to search on the web the following sites: Hyperscale, Missing Links, Aircraftresourcecenter, Armorama, Perth Military Modeling Society. They usually have articles on airbrushing.

The M-1's coming along nicely, Doc!

Coming from you that's quite a compliment sir.

Where are you located? If you drop by the malls you can usually find a Special Hobbies store or Lils Futaba in Glorietta, SM North, Virra Mall, Megamall, Ali Mall, South Mall, Festival Mall etc. While there is nothing wrong with using Mighty Bond super glue, you don't have much room for error since it sticks right away. The Tamiya plastic cement or other tube type cements lets you position the parts before it becomes permanent, you just have to tape it in place since in 24 hours the plastic will be bonded. Superglue doesn't melt the plastic like the plastic cement does so while it resists pull, it has less shear resistance. Using the tube glue found in some Academy kits and the early Trumpeter kits also work but use an applicator. Straight from the tube is a bit messy. Try to search on the web the following sites: Hyperscale, Missing Links, Aircraftresourcecenter, Armorama, Perth Military Modeling Society. They usually have articles on airbrushing.

Coming from you that's quite a compliment sir.

zamboanga city me thanks for the info bro

zamboanga city me thanks for the info bro

I see. Ask someone to get a bottle or two of Tamiya liquid cement for you if by chance they get to drop by Glorietta, just tell them to look for Lil's Hobby Store at Park Square 1, the salesladies there are really helpful.

My Abrams is fully assembled now and finished sanding and puttying the major gaps last night. Too bad about the smaller dents and holes that can't be seen from the top, I promised myself not to go AMS on this kit. All I have to do is wash the entire kit with dishwasher and then put a primer (will try out the cheapo acrylic lacquer spray can that I got from shopwise) before starting the camo.

I see. Ask someone to get a bottle or two of Tamiya liquid cement for you if by chance they get to drop by Glorietta, just tell them to look for Lil's Hobby Store at Park Square 1, the salesladies there are really helpful.

My Abrams is fully assembled now and finished sanding and puttying the major gaps last night. Too bad about the smaller dents and holes that can't be seen from the top, I promised myself not to go AMS on this kit. All I have to do is wash the entire kit with dishwasher and then put a primer (will try out the cheapo acrylic lacquer spray can that I got from shopwise) before starting the camo.

ok thanks. will be going to manila in april 8 maybe i cud past by the store.. thanks again

I myself is a scale model monster (20 years ago). Now, my son would like to get into it but I really don't have any idea on where I can buy scale models (specially the soldiers 1:72 scale).

Try Lil's in Parksquare 1 (Glorietta) or Hobbies and Comics at Makati Cinema Square. You should consider coming back into the hobby sir, it's quite different now from 20 years ago. Big improvement on the kits itself with the likes of Dragon, Tamiya, AFV Club, Trumpeter, Revell, the eastern european manufacturers, plus aftermarket resin kits.

i'm selling my collection of brand new and unassembled helicopter scale model kits. helicopter model kits of different brands, (hasegawa, esci, revell, italeri, lex, dragon, fujimi), unassembled and in good condition, scale sizes available are 1/35, 1/48, and 1/72. available helicopters as of this moment: airwolf (bell 222), boeing vertol ch46 sea knight, mil mi24 hind-d, mbb bo 105, mbb kawasaki bk117, sikorsky uh34 seahorse, and mil mi28 havoc. contact 09065206065 or email beautiful_homes_888@yahoo.com

The Abrams looks well on its way, Doc. Im looking forward to more pics.

:)

Will try to finish the base colors this weekend Herr Boelcke.

i'm selling my collection of brand new and unassembled helicopter scale model kits. helicopter model kits of different brands, (hasegawa, esci, revell, italeri, lex, dragon, fujimi), unassembled and in good condition, scale sizes available are 1/35, 1/48, and 1/72. available helicopters as of this moment: airwolf (bell 222), boeing vertol ch46 sea knight, mil mi24 hind-d, mbb bo 105, mbb kawasaki bk117, sikorsky uh34 seahorse, and mil mi28 havoc. contact 09065206065 or email beautiful_homes_888@yahoo.com

Would be interested in your 1/48 and 1/35 heli kits sir.

Try Lil's in Parksquare 1 (Glorietta) or Hobbies and Comics at Makati Cinema Square. You should consider coming back into the hobby sir, it's quite different now from 20 years ago. Big improvement on the kits itself with the likes of Dragon, Tamiya, AFV Club, Trumpeter, Revell, the eastern european manufacturers, plus aftermarket resin kits.

Seeing that Abrams in camo makes me want to go back into scale modelling. It's been quite a long time though and I'm not quite sure if I still have the hands and the eyesight for it. Who makes the best kits nowadays?

Seeing that Abrams in camo makes me want to go back into scale modelling. It's been quite a long time though and I'm not quite sure if I still have the hands and the eyesight for it. Who makes the best kits nowadays?

For AFVs I would say it is DML and AFV Club for accuracy and detail, DML has reasonable prices for kits that include photoetch, magic tracks, aluminum barrels. Tamiya is still the best in terms of engineering and ease of assembly, while Trumpeter provideds value for money.

For AFVs I would say it is DML and AFV Club for accuracy and detail, DML has reasonable prices for kits that include photoetch, magic tracks, aluminum barrels. Tamiya is still the best in terms of engineering and ease of assembly, while Trumpeter provideds value for money.

I was actually more into aircraft scale models -- military and the occasional civil aviation aircraft. Back then Hasegawa was my personal choice (there was another Japanese company but I can't seem to recall its name). The only problem with the Japanese brands was that the instruction and guide sheet was often in Nihongo. Painting was particularly tricky as you had to rely on the illustration/picture on the box for the "correct" color. Revell was also good but their decals turned redish after a few years and of course that wasn't so nice.

I was actually more into aircraft scale models -- military and the occasional civil aviation aircraft. Back then Hasegawa was my personal choice (there was another Japanese company but I can't seem to recall its name). The only problem with the Japanese brands was that the instruction and guide sheet was often in Nihongo. Painting was particularly tricky as you had to rely on the illustration/picture on the box for the "correct" color. Revell was also good but their decals turned redish after a few years and of course that wasn't so nice.

That was a long time ago sir. Now the Japanese brands with few exceptions have an english instruction sheet. For aircraft, Hasegawa and Tamiya are still tops in terms of engineering and accuracy, although if you can get your hands on Accurate Miniatures kits, they are also very good. In terms of value for money, Trumpeter has several 1/32 and 1/48 aircraft worth looking at.

@Coffeebreak, try Lil's. There used to be a shop in the old Virra Mall that used to sell the Fujimi kits but I don't know what happened to it.