Martial Arts

Corkscrew

i see, starmall munti, thats the old Manuela Metropolis right? i used to live in Alabang myself and there was this karate dojo in Metropolis back then, i just don't know if it's still there chief...

AAK stands for Association for the Advancement of Karatedo (AAK) check out their site www.aak-karate.com/ as far as i know their dojo is in megamall. i believe so that that's the place where the Philippine Karate team practices...

BJJ for ground & pound? ummm sure if it's getting into a dominant position so you can pound somebody's face in yeah, but the BJJ schools more or less concentrate on the grappling part of it. but i bet BJJ from it's origin would also have tactics on how to hold/pin your opponent down so you could bash their face in ^_^ probably if you mix it up with wrestling and boxing it would be more attuned to GnP, and just focus the BJJ part for defensive grappling and getting out of subs. ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
i see, starmall munti, thats the old Manuela Metropolis right? i used to live in Alabang myself and there was this karate dojo in Metropolis back then, i just don't know if it's still there chief...

AAK stands for Association for the Advancement of Karatedo (AAK) check out their site www.aak-karate.com/ as far as i know their dojo is in megamall. i believe so that that's the place where the Philippine Karate team practices...

BJJ for ground & pound? ummm sure if it's getting into a dominant position so you can pound somebody's face in yeah, but the BJJ schools more or less concentrate on the grappling part of it. but i bet BJJ from it's origin would also have tactics on how to hold/pin your opponent down so you could bash their face in ^_^ probably if you mix it up with wrestling and boxing it would be more attuned to GnP, and just focus the BJJ part for defensive grappling and getting out of subs. ^_^

hehe yeah... the one who invented jlu jitsu is a master from japan that traveled to brazil, an anatomist and a martial artist by nature, a deadly combination hahahah forgot the name yup i forgot Jlu jitzu are famous vack in the old days because of the reputation of taking down an enemy without striking.. ^_^

so youre a pure jlu jitzu fighter?

i can say im a hybrid fighter but my base is karate.. hehe

chief Lagnonector ahehehe i can't really call myself a BJJ fighter yet as i haven't competed pa naman ^_^ sa loob ng dojo lang ako nagpapabugbog at nagpapachoke out ahehehe ^_^

congrats sir wEbStAr! nice Fabricio Laguna, may kakilala akong doon nagtratrain dati kaso lumipat na sa Carlson Gracie chief

hehe yeah... the one who invented jlu jitsu is a master from japan that traveled to brazil, an anatomist and a martial artist by nature, a deadly combination hahahah forgot the name yup i forgot Jlu jitzu are famous vack in the old days because of the reputation of taking down an enemy without striking.. ^_^

From the information I've read in Wikipedia, Jiujitsu or Jujitsu is basically "Judo". The difference is that Judo specializes on throwing techniques while Jujitsu specializes in grappling or ground techniques. If you would notice, Judo is JU-DO while Jujitsu is JU-JITSU wherein DO & JITSU is means "method, way or technique". It so happens that the Judo master who went to Brazil to teach Judo specializes more on grappling techniques, tho I'm not sure why he changed the name to Jujitsu. I don't practice Judo but I know some people who do & I get to watch them practice. Their training includes falling, throwing, grappling & submission techniques. However, they specializes more on throwing techniques & they use it frequently to win competitions. Just sharing some info. :rolleyes:

congrats sir wEbStAr! nice Fabricio Laguna, may kakilala akong doon nagtratrain dati kaso lumipat na sa Carlson Gracie chief

thanks! ok din sana carlson kaso medyo malayo and dadayuhin ko pa sa binan e. steady na ko sa fabricio and happy naman me sa training e.

Hey guys,

Are there any martial arts gym in Taguig near The Fort? I only see a fitness gym (Fitness first) in that area. I'll be taking a trip to the Philippines in August and I'm planning to do a little training. I'm still looking a for a place to stay, which I narrowed down to Makati or Taguig. Makati has this gym "http://bjjphilippines.com/main/Head_School_-_Makati_Gym/" , and I just can't find any by The Fort. Any info would help greatly.

Thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

Hey guys,

Are there any martial arts gym in Taguig near The Fort? I only see a fitness gym (Fitness first) in that area. I'll be taking a trip to the Philippines in August and I'm planning to do a little training. I'm still looking a for a place to stay, which I narrowed down to Makati or Taguig. Makati has this gym "http://bjjphilippines.com/main/Head_School_-_Makati_Gym/" , and I just can't find any by The Fort. Any info would help greatly.

Thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

Fabricio Makati or NB Makati is still open i believe so

KMA/Fabricio Makati

Unit 17 -19 Ground Floor

Rada Regency

De la Rosa Cnr Castro Street , Makati

Tel / text : 09178242420

Email at: mail@bjjphilippines.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

NEWBREED JIUJITSU MAKATI

Rockwell Club

Basement 2, 23 Amorsolo Drive, Rockwell Center

Makati, Philippines

Guys may alam ba kayo na nag tuturo ng Muay thai na malapit sa Tandang sora Q. C. or in UP?

Or may alam ba kayo nga org ng Muay thai na nasa Q.C. din?

and also meron din daw na MMA club sa vanguard sa loob ng U.P. every Saturday? can anyone confirm this.

there's muay thai along commonwealth... tapat ng fairview mal..

UP vanguard, SPRAWL yun, send a PM to geneticfreak since he's the coach for that branch :)

I obtained my blackbelt in Judo back in college and almost made it to the Phil. Team of the '91 SEA Games. Right now I wanna go back to martial arts but this time its a toss up between Sambo, Savate or Krav Maga. Any suggestions?

i think sir you need to add up sambo like karate the art does have great striking promise

add the rolling and falling (and maybe anti grab / counter locking skills) of judo

it is great

best example is Fedor Emelianenko

Sambo diba eto yung parang freestyle wrestling/judo ng Russia? i believe so they pay more attention to leg locks though...

kanina napansin ko may MT pala sa may tapat ng SM Sta Mesa, sa loob ng Mariners Gym they also have TKD lessons i believe

hehehe si sir geneticfreak coach ng UP SPRAWL, hehehe 4 striper na yan! idol! ^_^

Sambo diba eto yung parang freestyle wrestling/judo ng Russia? i believe so they pay more attention to leg locks though...

kanina napansin ko may MT pala sa may tapat ng SM Sta Mesa, sa loob ng Mariners Gym they also have TKD lessons i believe

hehehe si sir geneticfreak coach ng UP SPRAWL, hehehe 4 striper na yan! idol! ^_^

blue belt na nga :)

^^ nice!

coach Oly may work out ba na magpapalaki ng katawan ko? medjo mahirap yung sinabi mong diet at tamang pagkain eh, graveyard shift kasi ako parati kaya medjo huli na parati ang pagkain ko. tulong naman po bossing ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
^^ nice!

coach Oly may work out ba na magpapalaki ng katawan ko? medjo mahirap yung sinabi mong diet at tamang pagkain eh, graveyard shift kasi ako parati kaya medjo huli na parati ang pagkain ko. tulong naman po bossing ^_^

even is you workout, pag di ka kumain ng tama, you still won't gain any size...

you work out to build muscle and get stronger, you eat to get big...

go to the H&F section, andaming useful info dun :)