Rap And Hiphop

Guest batabatuta

hey what do u guys fink bout pinoy rap?

who's ur top 5 dead or alive best emcees?

i think pinoy rap still has alot to learn, its ayt when mastaplann and francis m wer on there prime but it chilled since then.. but sum american raised pinoy are creating buzz.. but for me they're biting too much on other american rappers..

we should be embarassed we started hip hop in asian now look at malaysia they're on top of the game..

top 5 emcees:

1.francis m

2.masta plann

3.andrew e(when he was a youngblood)

4.gloc 9?

5.dcoy

i dont kno' bout 3-5.. i juz wanna kno' what u guys fink.. oh yeh give me ur list of fave rap songs sa p.i...

mastaplann:

fix the world

jabongga

it is time

francis m:

saranggola ni pepe(the best)

meron akong ano(fav)

man from manila

mga praning

mga kababayan

my only one(extended)

the mouth

kaladeiscope world

who can u trust

bading ang dating

cold summer nights(extended)

kaligtasan

3 stars and a sun

tayo'y mga pinoy

whole lotta lovin

andrew e:

its andrew e(old skul pa astig)

showbiz rapper

baby ur da s@%t

humana ka ng panget

yan muna kayo nman..

Edited by flipper1
hey what do u guys fink bout pinoy rap?

who's ur top 5 dead or alive best emcees?

i think pinoy rap still has alot to learn, its ayt when mastaplann and francis m wer on there prime but it chilled since then.. but sum american raised pinoy are creating buzz.. but for me they're biting too much on other american rappers..

we should be embarassed we started hip hop in asian now look at malaysia they're on top of the game..

top 5 emcees:

1.francis m

2.masta plann

3.andrew e(when he was a youngblood)

4.gloc 9?

5.dcoy

i dont kno' bout 3-5.. i juz wanna kno' what u guys fink.. oh yeh give me ur list of fave rap songs sa p.i...

mastaplann:

fix the world

jabongga

it is time

francis m:

saranggola ni pepe(the best)

meron akong ano(fav)

man from manila

mga praning

mga kababayan

my only one(extended)

the mouth

kaladeiscope world

who can u trust

bading ang dating

cold summer nights(extended)

kaligtasan

3 stars and a sun

tayo'y mga pinoy

whole lotta lovin

andrew e:

its andrew e(old skul pa astig)

showbiz rapper

baby ur da s@%t

humana ka ng panget

yan muna kayo nman..

i really got no problems with pinoy rap. you just gotta stop the "love song chorus" that you got from an old pinoy love song.

man! am i the only one having problems with that? you know there are a lot, and i really mean a lot of talented pinoys out there. i heard some freestyle battles over the radio a few years back and they are good. like with foreign hiphop, im really not into hating and s@%t. i listen to it and if i like it then i like it. i dont give a f#&k if you say its not so dope for you. here are some locals that i listen to:

Francis M. - you gotta listen to the master rapper

Andrew E. - old school andrew e it is. not so much into the new stuff.

Of course theres masta plann, death threat, chinese mafia, sun valley crew, legit misfitz, urban flow, madd poets, ghetto doggs, gloc 9, mike swift, oblaxz, mista blaze, d-coy, 7 shots and bb clan. you know theres a lot of underground artists, all we got to do is support. i think even boboli is helpin out sell unsigned artists. they have displays of cds in the counter near the entrance of their store in glorietta.

*just dont make me listen to RP... richie paul i think, bro of richard guttierez. nyahaha

i really got no problems with pinoy rap. you just gotta stop the "love song chorus" that you got from an old pinoy love song.

amen to that B. Its so annoying

kaladeiscope world is a great song too bad some newbies revived the song and its now crappy :thumbsdownsmiley:

RP was a former schoolmate of mine he realy though of himself as a rapper. If I remember right during one of our school programs he performed Eminem's Cleaning Out My Closet :P

But I enjoyed his song "Igalaw mo lang" maybe because it has that Chinna Ortaleza girl on it and the beats kind funky :P

amen to that B. Its so annoying

kaladeiscope world is a great song too bad some newbies revived the song and its now crappy :thumbsdownsmiley:

RP was a former schoolmate of mine he realy though of himself as a rapper. If I remember right during one of our school programs he performed Eminem's Cleaning Out My Closet :P

But I enjoyed his song "Igalaw mo lang" maybe because it has that Chinna Ortaleza girl on it and the beats kind funky :P

sino nag revive nung parody na yn? dont get me wrong i like that song and i love francis m, pero ginaya niya yng beats nung kaladeiscope world dn db.. pero inamin niya so its more like a parody than a rip off..

but anyways sabi nga ni herbert sa kanta ni kiko " wag tayo mangaya, kng mangagaya ka man siguraduhin mong mas mahusay sa kinopyahan at matinong matino"

igalaw mo lng?

yeh that was a phat song.. and a nice video too.. iced out productions dw yn db? daming cameo asteeg..

if you dont mind me askin saan kayo naging mag kaklase and waht age?

man! am i the only one having problems with that? you know there are a lot, and i really mean a lot of talented pinoys out there. i heard some freestyle battles over the radio a few years back and they are good. like with foreign hiphop, im really not into hating and s@%t. i listen to it and if i like it then i like it. i dont give a f#&k if you say its not so dope for you. here are some locals that i listen to:

Francis M. - you gotta listen to the master rapper

Andrew E. - old school andrew e it is. not so much into the new stuff.

Of course theres masta plann, death threat, chinese mafia, sun valley crew, legit misfitz, urban flow, madd poets, ghetto doggs, gloc 9, mike swift, oblaxz, mista blaze, d-coy, 7 shots and bb clan. you know theres a lot of underground artists, all we got to do is support. i think even boboli is helpin out sell unsigned artists. they have displays of cds in the counter near the entrance of their store in glorietta.

*just dont make me listen to RP... richie paul i think, bro of richard guttierez. nyahaha

yeh i know waht u mean bout the "love chorus thingy" its getting annoying already..

who's hating pinoy rap?

i think no one here's hating.. im juz saying that we're embarrasing cuz we pioneered hip-hop in asia now malaysia is on top..

and pinoy rap artist's today eats off american rappers' lyrics..

if you dont mind me askin saan kayo naging mag kaklase and waht age?

I think im in the 5th or 4th grade then 1st or 2nd yr siya. we even played ball sometime. I used to play for the school even though i suck at b-ball, coz Im quite tall.

Yup iced out yung song. yun din ata ang label nya eh.

narinig ko sa FX yung kaleidiscope naging acapella.

Edited by redshirt

when you talk about Pinoy Rap, whether some like it or not, you cant exclude the name of Andrew E.

coming from the same neighborhood that he came, i can pretty much say that he ignited the rap scene in the Philippines..

though most of his songs may be considered a novelty song, one should hear the records that he produced for others...

most of the guys he produced can really rap... straight up rap..

and when you see these guys, you can, without a doubt say that they are street.. (not street like the Hood in the US, coz c'mon, there's no such thing in the Philippines.. were more POOR than the Hood, and that's the fact, so enough of those Pinoy rappers whose rapping about those stuff because no pure pinoy can relate to that, unless you've been in the US, or grew there, or know the life style).. PREACH!!! hahahaha...

but back to Andrew E... he along with FrancisM, and who can forget, Death Threat, really started rap in the Pinas...

of course later came one of my fave Pinoy Rap Group - MastaPlann... :thumbsupsmiley:

Any new hot tunes aside from Buy you a drank? :P

anyone like Yung Jock here?

yo man im sorry i got nuthin new to share to you. been busy with s@%t that i got no time for tv or radio or something. but i think ive seen 'buy u a drank' a couple times, never seen the whole vid though. i just got a question, is yung joc under diddy and is t-pain under akon? well thats what i know and im just making sure.

out!

yeh i know waht u mean bout the "love chorus thingy" its getting annoying already..

who's hating pinoy rap?

i think no one here's hating.. im juz saying that we're embarrasing cuz we pioneered hip-hop in asia now malaysia is on top.. and pinoy rap artist's today eats off american rappers' lyrics..

right here at this thread, no ones really hating, coz we all are hiphop heads, but... BUT... do you see the ratio of songs being played on the radio or vids shown on tv of pinoy rock versus pinoy rap? its like 20:1... they play pogi rock bands, novelty songs, acoustic kabaduyan and s@%t but they rarely [sometimes never] play pinoy rap. what the hell is wrong? maybe malaysia is on top coz they love their own malaysian rap s@%t.

right here at this thread, no ones really hating, coz we all are hiphop heads, but... BUT... do you see the ratio of songs being played on the radio or vids shown on tv of pinoy rock versus pinoy rap? its like 20:1... they play pogi rock bands, novelty songs, acoustic kabaduyan and s@%t but they rarely [sometimes never] play pinoy rap. what the hell is wrong? maybe malaysia is on top coz they love their own malaysian rap s@%t.

there's a radio station that plays hip hop and r n b every sunday. i think its rx 93.

there's a radio station that plays hip hop and r n b every sunday. i think its rx 93.

its hip 26 on monster radio every weekend, i do listen to that. but most of the songs played there are foreign hiphop, yeah they play some pinoy rap too. but do you get the word? SOME.