Suicidal Lovers

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"deliberate killing of oneself," 1650s, from Modern Latin suicidium "suicide," from Latin sui "of oneself" (genitive of se "self"), from PIE *s(u)w-o- "one's own," from root *s(w)e- (see idiom) + -cidium "a killing" (see -cide). Probably an English coinage; much maligned by Latin purists because it "may as well seem to participate of sus, a sow, as of the pronoun sui" [Phillips]. The meaning "person who kills himself deliberately" is from 1728. In Anglo-Latin, the term for "one who commits suicide" was felo-de-se, literally "one guilty concerning himself."

In the words of the Bard, To be or not to be, that is the question.

A lover with this kind of problem is a candle burning at both ends. They burn twice as bright but last only half as long. Being with someone like this is probably more trouble than it is worth. Ultimately, you can only take the ride with them, but they may choose to get off early despite best efforts, professional help, and medication.

But love doesn't give you a choice, at times, you feel what you feel, until you don't. Hopefully, if you get into such a relationship, you can weather the storms, and hopefully break out through to the other side, and hopefully you'll still be holding hands. Life is a dare anyway, dare to live it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Most of them that use suicide as a threat to keep you tangled to them are manipulative people. The suicide card is their last resort. Think back, was He/she somehow controlling of your actions and thinking? If so, then most likely they really don't have suicidal tendencies. However, there are people who are really clinically depressed, and are literally just holding on to life through a relationship. You can spot this right away.. a person who is super passive and/or excessively cynical are the ones you should avoid. If you want to help them, it isn't by having a relationship with them, because obsession is not a cure for depression; and they will be obsessed with you when you let them be in. Relationship with you. There are institutions that can help them, so let them

• Winner! (+1) 1

My personal experience, on obsessive GFs...

One drank a bottle of merthaulate, she was a medtech, luckily her classmate saw her and flush out the liquid

Another one, slashed her wrists while half submerge in the bath tub, but her sister saw her and provided first aid.

Another one, swallowed a concoction of medicines, diatabs, biogesic,triglobe and watered it down with a liquid mosquito killer, Baygon. Her boardmate saw her and called for help.

Another one, laid down on the road and hoping to be ram down by trucks. Luckily its a tertiary type of road, only tricycles and pedicab use the road. Her cousin saw her and drag her out of the road.

In all of these were because of obsessive and possesive love. I never sought any girls when they were my GF, but wrong suspicion triggered these crazy events.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

ung iba panakot lang. ung iba seryoso. had an ex who was a good friend of my cousin. when we broke off she said life isnt worth it anymore. May history siya ng self inflicted injuries. called my cuz and she got there just in time . she had slit her one of wrists and was going to do the other . tagal naming di nagusap ni cuz dahil dito.

• Downvote 1
23 hours ago, FF said:

ung iba panakot lang. ung iba seryoso. had an ex who was a good friend of my cousin. when we broke off she said life isnt worth it anymore. May history siya ng self inflicted injuries. called my cuz and she got there just in time . she had slit her one of wrists and was going to do the other . tagal naming di nagusap ni cuz dahil dito.

Yes sometimes panakot nga. Pero which could become reality. Kasi iniisip nila back against the wall na sila. Walang choice (which is of course, we always have a choice). Kaya kaht sabihn mong nanakot, kelangan iseryoso pa din. Mahirap na.

• Like (+1) 1
10 minutes ago, HornyHRManager said:

My God, nakakastress yung ganyan. Yung pinsan ko may ex BF siya na sinasaktan siya physically. Then if magdedecide siya na makipaghiwalay ay mag ti threat na magsusuicide. 

Stress tlga yan. Pero if sinasaktan physically applicable na yan sa Anti Violence against women/children act dba? Pwede na ipakulong yan. And if gusto niyang mag suicide baka pwedeng tulungan para matuluyan na. Hindi lalake ang nananakit ng babae.