Build A Model Body!

Sorry, Pero mali ata yung sinabi mo dude. Whether heavy or light lang yung binubuhat mo, as long as nagwe-weights ka madedevelop pa rin muscles mo.

ikaw ang mali. you gain muscle when you are caloric positive (calorie intake is higher than you burn)

you burn fat when you are caloric deficit (calorie intake is lower than you burn)

so how on earth will you gain muscle when you also burn fat?

the truth is, you dont actually gain muscle, but you tone and firm them down, and because of the fat loss, your muscles tend to become more obvious.. the V-shape torso of most swimmers is not due to the fact that they have large lats, but its because they have small waistline, its an illusion..

even i have a V-shaped torso.. which i gained from fat reduction at my waist and obliques

ikaw ang mali. you gain muscle when you are caloric positive (calorie intake is higher than you burn)

you burn fat  when you are caloric deficit (calorie intake is lower than you burn)

the truth is, you dont actually gain muscle, but you tone and firm them down, and because of the fat loss, your muscles tend to become more obvious..  the V-shape torso of most swimmers is not due to the fact that they have large lats, but its because they have small waistline, its an illusion..

even i have a V-shaped torso.. which i gained from fat reduction at my waist and obliques

you're right on the muscle gaining if caloric positive... and so on and so forth...

And yes true, you don't gain muscle, you gain musculature which means that protein start building up inside your muscle fibers thus inducing hypertrophy. A lot of the people in the gym who get lazy just bulk up their chest to make their waist look slimmer, thius tends to make them look stocky... but a thin waistline is sure to give you that v look. Swimmers do however have developed delts, lats and also traps... hypertrophy of these muscles enhance that v look. But if you will notice that swimmers do not look chiseled... this is due to the nature of the sport wherein it does not have that much of a thermogenic effect as contrary to sprinters, bowlers, ches players, etc.... hehehehe kidding, but you get the picture.

Nowadays girls do like the "athletic" look rather than the "buffed" look...

there is also the fact that since your original statement regarding caloric ratio in relevance to gains or losses, slow long cardio is not the most optimum, but is the most widely accepted due to traditional thinking means of losing fat percentage. If following your argument, anaerobic exercise combined with aerobic exercises done in optimum cycles will burn the MOST calories at the shortest amount of time in regards to effort plus the fact the afterburn is also remarkably higher.. When people ask me how they can lose weight, i always tell them to buy a great pair of shoes and socks and run instead of buying supplements... but other people who have been already working out ask me how they can shed a few, I always advise them to use HIIT...

According to my GNC readings

To build muscles experts advocate to eat at least 6 times a day

meaning they encourage distribute your eating habits throughout the day

rather than in one seating. There must be constant nourishment .....

otherwise essential amino acids may also deplete hindi lang fat ....

The same principle is carried out in doing bonsai plants

Hindi ginugutom ang mga bonsai plants instead the soil

is fertilized well so that more nutrients are absorbed by

the plant making it more "woody".

you burn fat  when you are caloric deficit (calorie intake is lower than you burn)

the truth is, you dont actually gain muscle, but you tone and firm them down, and because of the fat loss, your muscles tend to become more obvious..  the V-shape torso of most swimmers is not due to the fact that they have large lats, but its because they have small waistline, its an illusion..

According to my GNC readings

To build muscles experts advocate to eat at least 6 times a day

meaning they encourage distribute your eating habits throughout the day

rather than in one seating. There must be constant nourishment .....

otherwise essential amino acids may also deplete hindi lang fat ....

The same principle is carried out in doing bonsai plants

Hindi ginugutom ang mga bonsai plants instead the soil

is fertilized well so that more nutrients are absorbed by

the plant making it more "woody".

Small, frequent meals are not only relevant in muscle gaining but also for fat loss since it helps rev up your metabolism

I see that your program is getting the girls

Well this is indeed kind of inspiring

When i started i just want to get rid of almost 33 in waistline. when I live my life

far from home and family, I kinda indulge myself on eating frenzies

I often passed by a government sponsored gym on the next block with all the NAUTILUS machines.

So i said why not indulge myself also in a calorie burning frenzy as well. Since then i maintain my 29 in waist. My muscles get firmer not like the usual gulaman (gell-o) like.

I did not see the relevance then only when i noticed that my sex life seemed to keep up as well. :thumbsupsmiley:

Nowadays girls do like the "athletic" look rather than the "buffed" look...

Meron din repercussions ang low-carb hi protein diet when we forget the cholesterol element of it .....

Your blood pressure shoots above your usual, this weakens your blood vessels and your heart.

Remember Robert ATKINS, who advocated the ATKINS diet, he died of a stroke ...

make sure na yung chicken mo is breast and skinless..

kahit boiled pa yan if you retain the fat e di fatty pa din..

"When I first started to attempt to expand my knowledge of bodybuilding I swallowed everything down including many fallacies which have yet to be discovered I'm sure. In many studies I see subjects losing fat while simultaneously gaining muscle. This makes it obvious that gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is possible despite what many of you believe. I realize that most are untrained athletes, but do you honestly feel that you are so different physiologically than them? I would like to see the slightest shred of proof. I mean a study, some hard evidence. That there is any advantage to bulking up then cutting down. I expect to hear vague answers with no source. Please surprise me though. Also please don't answer in the context of contest preparation".

Eto na nga sinasabi ko eh.

May I repeat what I said earlier for those who were not able to read it. Please stop bashing people here and turning this thread into a p!ssing contest. We are already being monitored closely, and if you want this thread to stay alive, quit those remarks please for the sake of others

This is an honest to goodness question pareng olympus, medyo iba kasi yung beliefs ko pagdating sa cutting/bulking.

In my opinion, it's a bodybuilding myth that you cannot gain muscle while losing fat or cut at the same time. Mainly because I know some people who efficiently lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously.

Strictly speaking, maybe from a scientific view point, it isnt possible to gain muscle whilst being in an energy deficit, due to the fact that muscle growth is an energy-requiring process, as you can only lose fat if you are in an energy deficit. The trick however for a person to lose fat while gaining muscle is to fluctuate your body betwen energy surplus and deficit at different times of the day or on different days of the week through DIET and EXERCISE. it is not possible though for a person to lose fat while gain muscle if the person is cutting/losing fat extremely since energy reserves would be far too low for muscle growth. but for the main objective, with gentle dieting you can definitely lose fat and grow at the same time.

Meals must be small but regular, and to keep growing, its essential to keep protein intake at a high level. the key to effective cutting lies in careful manipulation of your intake of carb. foods, i.e. carbs should be low BUT NOT omitted. Cosume complex starchy carb foods regularly, but in small portions only.

That would do the trick.

This is an honest to goodness question pareng olympus, medyo iba kasi yung beliefs ko pagdating sa cutting/bulking.

In my opinion, it's a bodybuilding myth that you cannot gain muscle while losing fat or cut at the same time. Mainly because I know some people who efficiently lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously.

Strictly speaking, maybe from a scientific view point, it isnt possible to gain muscle whilst being in an energy deficit, due to the fact that muscle growth is an energy-requiring process, as you can only lose fat if you are in an energy deficit. The trick however for a person to lose fat while gaining muscle is to fluctuate your body betwen energy surplus and deficit at different times of the day or on different days of the week through DIET and EXERCISE. it is not possible though for a person to lose fat while gain muscle if the person is cutting/losing fat extremely since energy reserves would be far too low for muscle growth. but for the main objective, with gentle dieting you can definitely lose fat and grow at the same time.

Meals must be small but regular, and to keep growing, its essential to keep protein intake at a high level. the key to effective cutting lies in careful manipulation of your intake of carb. foods, i.e. carbs should be low BUT NOT omitted. Cosume complex starchy carb foods regularly, but in small portions only.

That would do the trick.

It is hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the sme time.. However, we also know that aside from caloric surplus, progressive overload an also lead to muscular hypertrophy...

that being the case, a well designed program and proper eating habits can mean a possible increase in strength, which may result in hypertrophy.

it takes a very good coach to do this IMHO

CARBS and SUGARs - essential in doing your day to day activities. mainly responsible for your calorie source that is the basic fuel of your body.

PROTEINS - essential in healing or muscle repair. these guys are what our bodies allocate into the muscles to increase its contraction strength, improve tonicity, etc.

MINERALS, SALTS, ELECTROLYTES - These items maintain the acid buffer system on the body for again an optimum contraction requirement... they are also responsible for maintaining the balance of the various organs that secrete hormones that we need with muscle repair such as the pituitary gland, pancreas, etc...

GAIN MASS/MUSCLE SIZE - high everything... carbs/sugars/proteins/vitamins and minerals...

CUTTING DOWN - Regulate carbs/sugars/proteins but increase or maintain vitamins and minerals...

Gaining Muscle Mass - Great increase in protein, preferably with a low caloric index. Take carbs as needed... make sure it has a fairly low lycemic index as well cause we still need carbs to form into glucos so that our insulin can redirect the excessively high protein into our muscles. High amount of water is recommended as well...

To answer the myth of trying to bulk up and still get cut, its really a function of the right program and an understanding of what you eat and the various metabolic stages in your body...

I know that its better if its simpler but as the needs of the individuals become more particular, then you rearlly have to tailor the eating and lifting program properly... So physiologically, yes, gaining muscle size only and not with the incremental increase in total mass is possible... i have seen it happen..

gets naman... will do an energy system HIIT probly 1 a week... or do a short type of that as warm up... but the EDT is about increasing intensity and effort everytime you work out in a span of twenty minutes yes? my assumptions correct?

not really intensity per se.. either increase density 9 total amount of work done in an amount of time) or add reps or weight.. read the article to get a better idea

singit ulit question...

pano naman kung, gusto ko naman mauna lumaki yung deltoids ko? "target training" ba tawag don? kasi naliliitan ako sa delts ko. parang nauna lumaki yung triceps ko kumpara sa deltoids.

yung iba, suggest sa akin, unahin ko raw ang deltoids pag "shoulder day" ko, para di pa depleted ang energy ko. kung baga, full-force ko ma-e-exercise deltoids. meron naman nag-suggest, isingit ko daw ang delt-exercises kahit hindi ko "shoulder day." di ba ma-o-overtrain ang deltoids non at lalong hindi lumaki? ano ba ang tama? thanks guys.