Build A Model Body!

pano paliitin ang tummy? crunches lang ba talaga solution dito? hehee

calorie deficit, diet and exercise

doing crunches doesn't get rid of the fat around the abdominals. It only builds the muscle. spot reduction is a myth.

Diet and strength training... I know people who have six pack and never did a single situp or crunch

yup, everyone has abs, it's just a matter of whether or not your bodyfat is low enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the beach this weekend. Although I'm still carrying around some fat around the torso, I'm noticeably leaner than I was before I started working out properly with a 5x5 (going on for a month now). Is there any way to get a leaner look for my trip? Of course, nothing unhealthy or that will jeopardize my current workout. I know I'm not going to get that model bod in a week. Thanks.

I'm going to the beach this weekend. Although I'm still carrying around some fat around the torso, I'm noticeably leaner than I was before I started working out properly with a 5x5 (going on for a month now). Is there any way to get a leaner look for my trip? Of course, nothing unhealthy or that will jeopardize my current workout. I know I'm not going to get that model bod in a week. Thanks.

Sorry bro no shortcuts... if you wantd to lean out, you should have started earlier

sir olympus, san kang eclipse nag work out? sa mabini? trainor ka po b? kung mag enrol ako dun, tutulungan m ba akong ma-aatain ung katwan na gsto ko? salamat kuya..

I work out in Shaw, I am one of the coaches there.... now about help, anong tulong ba hinihingi mo?

SIR Olympus,

Totoo bang nakakataba ang rice???...

Pano ko ba mapapaliit uli tyan ko?

Salamat po..maki-PM na lang...salamat talaga

NO NO NO!!!! Ang nakakataba ang sobrang dami ng kinakain and hindi ang kanin.... if that was the case, then Asia would have the highest obesity rate among all continents!!!!

Alam mo, imbes na tanong ka ng tanong, why don't you just go to us in person since you know where to find us

NO NO NO!!!! Ang nakakataba ang sobrang dami ng kinakain and hindi ang kanin.... if that was the case, then Asia would have the highest obesity rate among all continents!!!!

Alam mo, imbes na tanong ka ng tanong, why don't you just go to us in person since you know where to find us

Ganito nalang kung kanin lang ang rason para tumaba ang tao, bakit ang mga karpintero at mga taga pier batak ang katawan kung gabundok sila lumamon ng kanin? It's easy to figure out that it pays to have a physically active body. As what Olympus have mentioned before, the key is balancing nutrients both macro and micro not depriving. Agree ka ba Oly?

Ganito nalang kung kanin lang ang rason para tumaba ang tao, bakit ang mga karpintero at mga taga pier batak ang katawan kung gabundok sila lumamon ng kanin? It's easy to figure out that it pays to have a physically active body. As what Olympus have mentioned before, the key is balancing nutrients both macro and micro not depriving. Agree ka ba Oly?

sinabi mo pa, jacques.

yung mga laborer, kung kumain sa karinderya isang pirasong pritong isda at 4 na kanin, pero maskulado at well-defined ang katawan. :D

mga sir pano magpaliit ng tyan? yung puson...is leg raise enough?[

bro, backread ka, hindi lang pagpapaliit ng tyan makukuha mo. maraming interesting articles pa mapupulot mo ;)

I have a concern. I dont know if overdoing it or not but this is my workout schedule; and ive listed it in the order that I do it in as well. Also, when I say weight training, needless to say, I alternate body parts so that I dont overwork my muscles.

Monday - 1 hour spin and then weight training

Tuesday - Cardio day: 45 minutes on elliptical and 1 hour of spin

Wednesday - 1 hour spin in the AM and weights in the PM

Thursday - Weight training and 1 hour spin

Friday - off

Saturday - 1 hour spin

Sunday - Weight training

Am I overdoing it or am I slacking? Should I cut back on my workout hours or should I add more?

I feel okay ... other than the usual little aches and pains ... Im seeing the results actually as well but im not sure if im pushing it too much. (Or is there such a thing as pushing it too much?)

Also, up to two weeks ago, some of my spin classes were actually kickboxing (not t**-bo but real kickboxing) classes but I noticed that my knees were hurting so I dropped the boxing for now and substituted it with spin.

I have a concern. I dont know if overdoing it or not but this is my workout schedule; and ive listed it in the order that I do it in as well. Also, when I say weight training, needless to say, I alternate body parts so that I dont overwork my muscles.

Friday - off

Saturday - 1 hour spin

Sunday - Weight training

Am I overdoing it or am I slacking? Should I cut back on my workout hours or should I add more?

I feel okay ... other than the usual little aches and pains ... Im seeing the results actually as well but im not sure if im pushing it too much. (Or is there such a thing as pushing it too much?)

Also, up to two weeks ago, some of my spin classes were actually kickboxing (not t**-bo but real kickboxing) classes but I noticed that my knees were hurting so I dropped the boxing for now and substituted it with spin.

Wyld,

With the workout schedule you've outlined, I don't consider it as slacking. Overdoing/Overtraining? I think this is more of the concern here. If you're seeing results from your workout regimen that's very good. However, overtraining or as what you've put it, pushing too much may be a concern for your well being. No doubt working out will do wonders for your body. However, too much is also not advisable.

Here are some signs that you may be actually overtraining yourself:

1. You feel sluggish and don't have the usual energy despite of 8 hours uninterrupted sleep

2. You'd reach a plataue in your workouts (can't increase the intensity/weight/reps) and can't seem to progress to more challenging routines

3. Injuries (in your case, your knees are giving out signs)

If I may ask, did you consult a trainer before engaging with your routine? If I were to train you, I'd say you'd do weight training 3 days in a week (full body circuit type training) for 30-40mins max. You can squeez in cardio workouts but I strongly advice not to stay in the gym for more than 1 hour or maybe an hour and a half max. Lastly, I really would recommend you have at least 3 days rest a week. I know this might not sit well with you since you've been probably doing "more" than what I have recommended. Sometimes more is not better. After all, If your knees give up some day, maybe you will bid farewell to working out sooner.

Wyld,

With the workout schedule you've outlined, I don't consider it as slacking. Overdoing/Overtraining? I think this is more of the concern here. If you're seeing results from your workout regimen that's very good. However, overtraining or as what you've put it, pushing too much may be a concern for your well being. No doubt working out will do wonders for your body. However, too much is also not advisable.

Here are some signs that you may be actually overtraining yourself:

1. You feel sluggish and don't have the usual energy despite of 8 hours uninterrupted sleep

2. You'd reach a plataue in your workouts (can't increase the intensity/weight/reps) and can't seem to progress to more challenging routines

3. Injuries (in your case, your knees are giving out signs)

If I may ask, did you consult a trainer before engaging with your routine? If I were to train you, I'd say you'd do weight training 3 days in a week (full body circuit type training) for 30-40mins max. You can squeez in cardio workouts but I strongly advice not to stay in the gym for more than 1 hour or maybe an hour and a half max. Lastly, I really would recommend you have at least 3 days rest a week. I know this might not sit well with you since you've been probably doing "more" than what I have recommended. Sometimes more is not better. After all, If your knees give up some day, maybe you will bid farewell to working out sooner.

Thanks for the reply Jacques...

Actually ... im not sluggish. Im hyped up all the time, in fact. Almost as if im on a caffeine high (and no im not on `roids or supplements, just Vitamin C and Calcium) ... The only weird thing I noticed is my appetite has been off for a month or two now - as in I dont feel like eating but I make myself eat.

As for difficulty of workout - I just shifted to a more difficult program and I can do it so I dont think thats an issue. Ive moved on from using 10lb dumbells for my free weight exercises to a 40 lb barbell.

The programs I have did come from a trainer. The original plan was 3 days weight training (every otherday) with 20-30 minutes of cardio (75% to start off the session, 25% to finish off) ... the in between days was to be used to do what workouts that I wanted to do (eg cardio, weights or yoga/pilates) ... I was supposed to have 2 days off from working out - Friday and Sunday.

I kinda added the spin class to the weights (in lieu of the cardio) mainly because I enjoy spin classes and I get really, really bored on the elliptical or treadmill. And then, I kinda added the Sunday weight training session after that.

Right now ... I feel great (other than the knee bugging me but I think that was from all that stepping and kicking and all that)... but im thinking of dropping one day off my workout schedule, maybe Sundays...

Is that a start?

Edited by Wyld

Friday - off

Saturday - 1 hour spin

Sunday - Weight training

My comment on this from my own personal experience... I used to train 6 days a week but found out my body responded better with lesser work out days. Everybody should watch out for overtraining the body can only take so much and sometimes injuries will take its toll. Workout is just one of the pillars of good health, we tend to forget the other 2, Rest and Diet. Also try to get into a program/schedule that you can maintain for years and not only weeks or a few months. Unless you have really lots of time its hard to maintain a 6 day work out schedule consistently. I think a 3-4 day work out schedule is ideal for non-athletes. Mix up your training with cardio and weights, engage in an outdoor sport to add variations.

the key is balancing nutrients both macro and micro not depriving

Yup thats the key

Friday - off

Saturday - 1 hour spin

Sunday - Weight training

Just seeing that made my eyes sore... Keep your cardio workouts to a minimum... if you are on a good strength training program, you'll lose fat without even having to do more cardio

Just seeing that made my eyes sore... Keep your cardio workouts to a minimum... if you are on a good strength training program, you'll lose fat without even having to do more cardio

Women are suckers for cardio.

My strength training program is pretty solid and I think its working but I guess I do all that cardio because I enjoy it :P

Im trying to cut back. Promise. :)

My comment on this from my own personal experience... I used to train 6 days a week but found out my body responded better with lesser work out days. Everybody should watch out for overtraining the body can only take so much and sometimes injuries will take its toll. Workout is just one of the pillars of good health, we tend to forget the other 2, Rest and Diet. Also try to get into a program/schedule that you can maintain for years and not only weeks or a few months. Unless you have really lots of time its hard to maintain a 6 day work out schedule consistently. I think a 3-4 day work out schedule is ideal for non-athletes. Mix up your training with cardio and weights, engage in an outdoor sport to add variations.

Im cutting it down to 5 days ...gradual decrese parang addiction... and since its summertime already I can go back to riding the bike outdoors...

My diet is pretty much okay ... I think im having a problem with the REST part. :D

Women are suckers for cardio.

My strength training program is pretty solid and I think its working but I guess I do all that cardio because I enjoy it :P

Im trying to cut back. Promise. :)

Im cutting it down to 5 days ...gradual decrese parang addiction... and since its summertime already I can go back to riding the bike outdoors...

My diet is pretty much okay ... I think im having a problem with the REST part. :D

If you actually did the strength training part like how we would show it, you'll actually enjoy it and do less cardio

Where are you exactly? Perhaps if you can find a decent gym we can help you out

Houston.

I do go to a gym. Had programs made up for me by a trainer.

I have to get over my cardio addiction methinks.

Id be very, very grateful for all the advice, help, suggestions you can give me. :)