Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

Yes, when no one else can fix it.

Last time was when there was something wrong with the 4 wheel drive transmission. My suking service shop said they don't know how. I brought it to Citimotors, and they said they'll take care of it, and oh F(*&^%&^%&K(*&^*(ING boy they did - take care of my wallet! They charged me 5K+ and replaced the wrong parts, made me pay for the repairs before they'll tell me what they did, and after I paid, no one was there to talk to me and just gave me back my car dirtier than when I brought it in. The car still had the same problem with the transmission, dirtier than before and my wallet was lighter. Five days later, they have the gall to call me and ask me "How was our service?" I told them to give me the name of their Japanese boss because they F****D up the car and I want to complain directly to him. They never did call again.

So I got a repair manual from Australia and fixed it myself.

Thanks Citimotors! You've made a convert out of me! Never again will I buy a Mitsubishi!

You don't even have to bother turning it on or off. But for those who like to turn it on and off

For example, you drive a Nissan Cefiro with the standard 4-speed a/t transmission (PRND2L). By default everytime you start the car, the O/D is ON (no light in the instrument panel). With this setting, whether you are in Makati crawling through the stoplights or in EDSA with no traffic, the transmission would use all gears)

Should you decide to switch the O/D to OFF (light in the instrument panel would indicate O/D OFF) your car would just go through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Now, if you're already running around 80, your revs would be higher with this setting since you're only using 3 gears. It would also consume more gas.

There's not much point turning it off, a/t transmissions are smart enough to select the right gear. If you need to go faster just floor the pedal

one instance when overdrive comes in handy is when you are travelling up along a mountain side road. under normal circumstances (o/d on) your gear will constantly change from third gear (when it is on a slight incline) to fourth (when it has gathered velocity) then back to third (when the transmission is having difficulty going up) and so on and so forth. if this happens, switch your o/d to off and your transmission will go up to 3rd gear only, thus sparing your vehicle from the 'yes it can, no it can't' up and downshifts when going on an uphill climb.

hello everyone! :)

merong maitim na dumi na kumapit sa car ko, and when i tried to remove it, para siyang naging rubberized na black dirt.. parang krudo na ipinahid. something that looks like that. just want to ask, what material should i use in removing it? hope you can help me.. thanks! :)

WD-40 works great in removing tar. Just spray and wipe of. Then wash your car with carwash soap. :thumbsupsmiley:

We used acetone before but not for this purpose ( economy/more mileage ). It was mixed with methanol and gasoline. Its purpose was for the gas and methanol not to separate.

Use was for racing, drag racing. And your car has to be fully modified for racing purposes only. :upside: