Fishing Anyone?

tocilog

Jamboree168 and Michelin,

May iba pa bang spots sa Coloong 1 and 2? Kapitans, anahaw at horsehoe lang alam ko e. Share naman ng tips at directions dyan. Apahap, san ba meron nito? Tagal na ako di nakakapag lure fishing e,

Lately me and my friends been there almost every saturday morning. Sa Kalawakan meron diyan nahuhuling apahap use live bait na suahe for apahap.....There one japanese yung suki ni kapitan nakahuli sila ng apahap 4 kilos above think 5 to 6 pcs. Only few people there catching apahap one is Mang Jack of mercury drugstore.....basta saturday and sunday iyan yung leisure niya doon.

take yung pinaka simple route go (this we are coming from manila di ko alam where ka manggagaling) from manila go straight at caloocan reaching monumento straight to malabon and valenzuela hitting mac arthur hiway there is street turning left Dalandanan street panay right because if you use left its one way....around 3 corners yata you be seeing a road sign to kooloong1..... right now ginagawa yung MWSS doon so expect heavy waters along the way. bigayan lang.....Kilala si kapitan doon. Tilapia cost 60 then bangus 70 apahap depends na kay kapitan. Sometimes you can buy some sugpo and crabs which kapitan riase for private selling sa mga regular nagfifishing diyan.

If you going there konting ingat lang dahil last friday we go there, ang dami tubig ahas be careful lang. Mga tilapia doon pinakamababa is 1.8 kilo while bangus pinakamaliit ay 800 grams. We caught 5 pcs of 3.6 kilos na bangus una masarap ilaban dahil dinadrag yung line kaso nangangwit na din yung kamay ko dahil sa laki.

In betwen the pond there is a deep trench canal at the middle try mo itaon yung lure mo sa middle because diyan nagtagago yung mga biya, apahap at malalaking tilapia. Yung fishing buddy ko using 3 hooks (try lang iyan) for 5 casting each time it took 3 baits of tilapia. at walang paltos. So everybody try to cast at the middle believe it or not within less than 2 minutes hinahatak na yung line mo. We caught a total of 95 kilos of tilapia and 30 kilos na bangus that day. Pinaghatian na lang namin.

try mo or if we have plans to go there pwd contact kita pm me na lang yung cp number if ever happy fishing.............

Lately me and my friends been there almost every saturday morning. Sa Kalawakan meron diyan nahuhuling apahap use live bait na suahe for apahap.....There one japanese yung suki ni kapitan nakahuli sila ng apahap 4 kilos above think 5 to 6 pcs. Only few people there catching apahap one is Mang Jack of mercury drugstore.....basta saturday and sunday iyan yung leisure niya doon.

take yung pinaka simple route go (this we are coming from manila di ko alam where ka manggagaling) from manila go straight at caloocan reaching monumento straight to malabon and valenzuela hitting mac arthur hiway there is street turning left Dalandanan street panay right because if you use left its one way....around 3 corners yata you be seeing a road sign to kooloong1..... right now ginagawa yung MWSS doon so expect heavy waters along the way. bigayan lang.....Kilala si kapitan doon. Tilapia cost 60 then bangus 70 apahap depends na kay kapitan. Sometimes you can buy some sugpo and crabs which kapitan riase for private selling sa mga regular nagfifishing diyan.

If you going there konting ingat lang dahil last friday we go there, ang dami tubig ahas be careful lang. Mga tilapia doon pinakamababa is 1.8 kilo while bangus pinakamaliit ay 800 grams. We caught 5 pcs of 3.6 kilos na bangus una masarap ilaban dahil dinadrag yung line kaso nangangwit na din yung kamay ko dahil sa laki.

In betwen the pond there is a deep trench canal at the middle try mo itaon yung lure mo sa middle because diyan nagtagago yung mga biya, apahap at malalaking tilapia. Yung fishing buddy ko using 3 hooks (try lang iyan) for 5 casting each time it took 3 baits of tilapia. at walang paltos. So everybody try to cast at the middle believe it or not within less than 2 minutes hinahatak na yung line mo. We caught a total of 95 kilos of tilapia and 30 kilos na bangus that day. Pinaghatian na lang namin.

try mo or if we have plans to go there pwd contact kita pm me na lang yung cp number if ever happy fishing.............

pre,

pwede bang mag bigay ka ng sketch papunta dun sa koolong na yan dahil di ako familiar dun sa place. subukan namin puntahan yan for some fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

went there at koolong this Saturday......mga 20 kilos but each is around 1.6 kilos. Bad Trip...........

Guys if you ate going there just dont mind a local chinese name Mang jess sobrang yabang.......parang he onws the whole koolong and even calls up Kapitan that the place is reserve for him. Hey its a first come first serve basis on the area. Hence koolong 2 is not allowed for open fishing grounds dahil sa koolong 1 lang where you can take a boat ride at kalawakan for fishing. At koolong 2 sa mga very very close lang with Kapitan ang pwd. Dahil doon may cottage at lamesa where you can put your gears. I was fishing banugs there (dail malalaki talaga each weight around 2.5 kilos above) eh bastos talaga itong Mang Jess na ito, alam niya bangus yung hinuhuli eh at diyan pa nag tilapia sayang nga hindi nagkabuhol buhol yung mga tali namin.......

Iwasan ito geupo na ito...........kahit ako instik din eh nabuswit sa kanya kayo pa kaya?

I be there again this week either sunday or monday dahil long christmas vacation........

• 3 weeks later...

last 2 years ata nung madalas kami nung mga tropa ko kila kapitan sa coloong...

now, im with my dad and my younger brother almost every sunday to go fishing on that area., nung last-last week, di masyado makagat mga isda... i think nag harvest ata sila for the season eh.

we'll be back again this sunday., wish ko lang sana makadale ng madami

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when i was a little kid, my family and i used to catch fishes at the back of gloria maris in ccp. there used to be pampano and aligasin fishes there although small and we do not eat them. just the thrill of catching them is really awesome. we bait them with bread but the fishes like worms more

• 2 weeks later...
may i know where exactly in valenzuela is that?

Sir, visit this thread http://www.filipinoanglers.org/phpBB3/view...013&start=0

5 Barramundi landed and one released...

1st strike with Jun_D took place between 0845-0900Hrs

Estimated fight time: 12 mins.

8Lb test mono

6.0Kg Barramundi

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3188/03222008856qf8.jpg

2nd strike was with Jaime which took place between 1001-1015Hrs

Estimated fight time: 15 mins, the fish buried itself under some structure along the bank, we had to snag it with a landing net...

10Lb test mono

5.75Kg Barramundi

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4911/03222008857os0.jpg

3rd strike was with Bien which took place between 1050- 1100Hrs

Estimated fight time: 17 mins

10Lb test mono

Weight undetermined, ***caught and released

4th strike was with Allan, the Barra got away, but 20 mins later, at around 1310-1320Hrs, Allan was engaged with another fish...

Estimated fight time: 7 mins

10Lb test mono

1.75Kg Barramundi

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5192/03222008861zi5.jpg

...the Barramundi fights dirty.

...here's some proof with Jaime's plug, check out how the fish wrecked the plug's tail hook

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4884/03222008858editqs4.jpg

HOW DO YOU GET THERE?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/bien94e/PinoyAnglers/Coloong2.jpg

Directions to Kapitans Pond:

From NLEX, Exit at Valenzuela Exit and turn left and travel down Maysan Rd.

Just go straight until you reach McArthur Hiway

Turn right and drive towards Malanday until you see the Meralco Office on your right.

Turn left at the inverted Y intersection

Drive about 1.5 km and turn right at the very first crossroad. Thats Coloong 1.

Go straight ahead about 1.5 km until you reach a public school on your right. About 100 meters ahead, turn right to Kapitans pond.

From Monumento, take McArthur Hiway and drive towards Malanday until you see the Meralco Office on your right

Turn left at the inverted Y intersection

Drive about 1.5 km and turn right at the very first crossroad. Thats Coloong 1.

Go straight ahead about 1.5 km until you reach a public school on your right. About 100 meters ahead, turn right to Kapitans pond.

Slots are limited! Register before the tournament thru:

Fishing Buddy

The Valenzuela Municipal Hall - Sports Development Office

Kapitan Larry's Pond

Date: April 20, 2008 Sunday

Date: May 4, 2008 Sunday

Direction: See attached map

General Tournament Information

• Registration is limited to 150 Participants. Registration should be done thru the authorized registration centers prior to the tournament

• Walk in registrants will only be allowed to join during the tournament date if there are slots available. First come, first served.

• Fish can only be taken by rod and reel, hook and line and from the bank.

• Other methods such as snagging (salvage), electrofishing (kuryente), bowfishing (pana or airgun), netting (lambat) and other methods are strictly not allowed.

• Participants need to pay for their catch by the kilo

• Registration Fee is P300 per person

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

6:00 A.M. REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS

7:00 A.M. START OF TOURNAMENT

1:00 P.M. END OF TOURNAMENT

. AWARDING

AWARD CATEGORIES

• INDIVIDUAL – HEAVIEST SINGLE CATCH

o Biggest Apahap – Trophy plus P5000 (Coloong only)

o Biggest Bangus – Trophy plus P5000

o Biggest Tilapia – Trophy plus P5000

o Second Biggest Apahap – P3000 (Coloong Only)

o Second Biggest Bangus – P3000

o Second Biggest Tilapia – P3000