His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Iba pa din si MJ compared sa mga players ngayon, noon alam mo basta itira ni MJ alam mo papasok eh kahit clutch time pa. Maybe Kobe is near his supremacy pero iba pa din ung 1st na nakagawa ng ganun impact eh. The best talaga si Michael Jordan. Pero idol ko pa din si Kobe Bryant.. Lakers 2010 champs!!! :P

-------------------------

Angas talaga ni Michael Jordan (one of my forever idol besides the Black Mamba). Snob nya si LeBron James nung Cavs-Heat game... ./GG

Around the time James started with his bit about retiring Jordan’s number, Jordan sat with Pat Riley in Miami for a Cavs-Heat game in November. It didn’t go unnoticed to those sitting around them how often James would peer over, searching for some kind of approval from Jordan. He’d make a play and glance over – and it was probably no accident that Jordan offered little to no response. After all, Jordan was there to promote Dwyane Wade(notes) as an endorser to his line of shoes, so James was treated as afterthought.

“He’s always looked for that approval from Michael,” one Jordan associate says, “and I don’t know that he’s ever really gotten it – or ever will.”

source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqxG...o&type=lgns

Edited by jobyjobyjoby
Guest megalodon
Iba pa din si MJ compared sa mga players ngayon, noon alam mo basta itira ni MJ alam mo papasok eh kahit clutch time pa. Maybe Kobe is near his supremacy pero iba pa din ung 1st na nakagawa ng ganun impact eh. The best talaga si Michael Jordan. Pero idol ko pa din si Kobe Bryant.. Lakers 2010 champs!!! :P

-------------------------

Angas talaga ni Michael Jordan (one of my forever idol besides the Black Mamba). Snob nya si LeBron James nung Cavs-Heat game... ./GG

I wonder if this is the reason why LBJ would like to change his number. I mean after all, MJ is his idol.

you should always look beyond statistics to judge who the great players are.

i think MJ is the best player of all time because of:

1. He was competetive and will do everything to win. The best performance I've seen so far by any athlete was that game in, i think, game 5 of '97 finals against the Utah Jazz. MJ had a stomach flu and was physically weak. His teammates had to physically carry him to the bench during timeouts. Against all physical odds, he carried his team to victory and actually made that crucial 3 pointer that won them the game. It was just sheer determination to win.

2. He demands excellence. I've seen MJ in Rodman's face or whoever his teammates were that were not trying hard. As he said, he could not accept not trying.

3. He respected the game. He did not do anything that will harm the image of the nba.

4. He made his teammates look better. Remember the pass to Steve Kerr in game 6 of '97 finals. Steve Kerr's basket sealed them the title.

5. He made game winning shots not only in regular season but most importantly in playoffs and finals. He made shots that changed the tempo of the game. That beautiful lay-up in game 2 of '91 finals against the Lakers. That running jumper against Phoenix in '93 finals. That winning jumper on top of the key in game 1 of '97 finals against the Jazz.

6. He is a complete player. Most people forget that MJ is also a good defensive player. At one time he led the nba in scoring and steals (although AI did that also). MJ was named to nba all defensive team I think 7 or 8 times.

Agree...

I made a short term once for sports rehabilitation using MJ's Bio Kinetics as a subject(VHS Tapes...wala pang pirated dvd nun...:) )..a mere perfect almost non human performance everytime he performs unbelievable "stunts" the twists/turns jumps and landing seems break a basic human being's capacity...its quite hard to explain due to the complexity of his muscolo skeletal abilities....para bang lahat ng galaw nia pag ordinary tao ang nag execute...its either ligament injury or fracture ang katapat....2 cents ko....

Edited by iangastic
I wonder if this is the reason why LBJ would like to change his number. I mean after all, MJ is his idol.

Yeah, MJ is his idol talaga since LBJ's childhood. Minor idols naman nya sina Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson, as shown in the movie "More Than A Game". Prob is yung move na to ni LBJ ay hindi daw dahil as respect nya to MJ, but all about business! Somehow he's chasing Kobe Bryant (current #1 jersey seller all over the world). If you guys knew, LBJ wants to follow to be the next billion-dollar athlete.

And shempre sino ba ung first athlete to achieve the 1 Billion Dollar Status? its His Airness Michael Jordan!

-----

source: http://www.cnbc.com/id/32798277/Michael_Jo...te_To_1_Billion

Guest megalodon
In his "The Book of Basketball", Bill Simmons aka The Sports Guy, avowed Boston fan, chronologically lists his best players of all time. Top 5 as follows:

5. Larry Bird

4. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2. Bill Russell

1. Michael Jordan

I agree with the number one but the 4th and 5th should switch places. Hehe.

Hands down Michael Jordan was the greatest player of all time. I said 'was' because you never know.

Someone may suddenly appear and be the next Mchael Jordan. But he as a owner, honestly I worry for

him. He is not a hands on person. Yes Yes, he has been appearing recently in Bobcats games. But for

how long. Some people are great player but lousy owner of a team. I hope he suceeds but personally

I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...