• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

kaya please be objective naman sa mga opinion. . wag naman sabihin na mababaw ang competition nung 90's kasi alam nating lahat na di totoo yan.

at isa pa, ano ba ang rare na player? eh di yung me opensa na may depensa pa. o rare yun di ba? hindi yung puro opensa lang.

Guest airmax
kaya please be objective naman sa mga opinion. . wag naman sabihin na mababaw ang competition nung 90's kasi alam nating lahat na di totoo yan.

at isa pa, ano ba ang rare na player? eh di yung me opensa na may depensa pa. o rare yun di ba? hindi yung puro opensa lang.

dre pasensya ka na wala pa kasing sky cable noong 80's hehehe.

People like to compare their favorite players with other players. Who's the best, who's the greatest,blah blah blah...it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...you get my point. Truth is, whether you like it or not, there will never be a clear fact about anything unless we play gods and pit our favorite players against others' favorite players at their prime.And that will never happen.that's why we are left with our imaginations.We imagine Jordan going up against Kobe Bryant one-on-one,Larry Bird against Jordan one-on-one.But since these things will always be just your imaginations,most of us will always consult the record books for the stats of past greats for comparison.

Sadly,statistics ain't the most reliable source that we could base the level greatness of a player. Hence we find other things to support our claim that this particular player is indeed the greatest of all time. Globalization,popularity,his impact on particular things- these are only some of the things that we look at to base the level of greatness...but,is it always accurate? It's not but it is a big help to reach a major consensus. Majority of the People in the world will agree that MJ had and still has the biggest impact in the world of basketball.Majority of the people in the world will still agree that he is indeed the greatest basketball player ever. But is this a fact? How can we measure one's greatness? Are there norms that we could base the level of greatness of a player?Again,there is none.That's why people create their own basis and standards on how to measure greatness.So in the advent of the abscence a particular norm for measuring one's greatness, there is no right answer(neither is there a wrong answer) on the question of who is the greatest basketball player ever. If I say that Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever, I am neither right nor wrong.I'm not trying to state a fact,rather it's an opinion. my opinion.

in the end,all the things we say about how great a player is are just opinions. In a perfect world,there will be no threads like this where there are arguments on who's the greatest NBA player because if I say that Kobe is the greatest,that's my opinion,not a fact. In a perfect world, the other posters will accept my opinion and will say " oh,yeah,that's your opinion. Here's mine...I think that_____ is the greatest..."

Madami dito kasi sinasabi "SI JORDAN TALAGA ANG GREATEST" but we don't even have a standard measurement for greatness. All I'm trying to say is that don't state it as if it's a fact.That's your opinion. Unless we come up with a mathematical equation/solution for measuring one's greatness and it turns out the MJ's the greatest then I will definitely have to coincide witht that! but as of now, everything stated here are just "substitute" basis for MJ's greatness. Pero hindi ko naman dinidiscredit na mali yung mga basis. Tama naman eh kaso lang, hindi naman tayo lahat pare-pareho ng basis.

Jordan is indeed a great player. As for who the greatest is? wala akong sagot pero majority will definitely say si Jordan. :lol:

Guest airmax
People like to compare their favorite players with other players. Who's the best, who's the greatest,blah blah blah...it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...you get my point. Truth is, whether you like it or not, there will never be a clear fact about anything unless we play gods and pit our favorite players against others' favorite players at their prime.And that will never happen.that's why we are left with our imaginations.We imagine Jordan going up against Kobe Bryant one-on-one,Larry Bird against Jordan one-on-one.But since these things will always be just your imaginations,most of us will always consult the record books for the stats of past greats for comparison.

Sadly,statistics ain't the most reliable source that we could base the level greatness of a player. Hence we find other things to support our claim that this particular player is indeed the greatest of all time. Globalization,popularity,his impact on particular things- these are only some of the things that we look at to base the level of greatness...but,is it always accurate? It's not but it is a big help to reach a major consensus. Majority of the People in the world will agree that MJ had and still has the biggest impact in the world of basketball.Majority of the people in the world will still agree that he is indeed the greatest basketball player ever. But is this a fact? How can we measure one's greatness? Are there norms that we could base the level of greatness of a player?Again,there is none.That's why people create their own basis and standards on how to measure greatness.So in the advent of the abscence a particular norm for measuring one's greatness, there is no right answer(neither is there a wrong answer) on the question of who is the greatest basketball player ever. If I say that Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever, I am neither right nor wrong.I'm not trying to state a fact,rather it's an opinion. my opinion.

in the end,all the things we say about how great a player is are just opinions. In a perfect world,there will be no threads like this where there are arguments on who's the greatest NBA player because if I say that Kobe is the greatest,that's my opinion,not a fact. In a perfect world, the other posters will accept my opinion and will say " oh,yeah,that's your opinion. Here's mine...I think that_____ is the greatest..."

Madami dito kasi sinasabi "SI JORDAN TALAGA ANG GREATEST" but we don't even have a standard measurement for greatness. All I'm trying to say is that don't state it as if it's a fact.That's your opinion. Unless we come up with a mathematical equation/solution for measuring one's greatness and it turns out the MJ's the greatest then I will definitely have to coincide witht that! but as of now, everything stated here are just "substitute" basis for MJ's greatness. Pero hindi ko naman dinidiscredit na mali yung mga basis. Tama naman eh kaso lang, hindi naman tayo lahat pare-pareho ng basis.

Jordan is indeed a great player. As for who the greatest is? wala akong sagot pero majority will definitely say si Jordan.  :lol:

tama ka dyan

paulit ulit na lang ito eh...

pag greatest player...dapat merong talent, athleticism, contract, championships (NBA/Olympic/NCAA, HS), endorsements (just ask Nike how the sneaker industry grew exponentially...), MVPs, stats, longevity, charisma, impact to the game, improvisation, leadership, contribution to the sport, name recall, etc....dapat halos lahat nito meron yung player

all of the factors mentioned...si Jordan meron nyan...yung iba meron pero di lahat :D

Just wanna share an article in Beckett.com:

COULD THIS BE THE GREATEST BASKETBALL CARD EVER?

by Keith Hover, Price Guide Editor (Beckett Basketball)

Michael Jordan is no stranger to huge returns—after a brief retirement for the 1993-94 season, MJ returned to lead the Chicago Bulls to three straight NBA Championships (1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98). Then, after retiring following the conclusion of the 1997-98 season, Jordan came back in 2001-02 to lead an unbelievable string of home sellout games for then, an NBA doormat Washington Wizards franchise.

With all hobby eyes fixed upon the 2003-04 UD Exquisite Collection and LeBron James’ $10,000 rookie, Jordan has done it again—this time with a card; a card that is almost 20 years old. Beckett Grading Services has recently awarded its first ever Pristine 10 grade for a 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan RC card; which is quite a feat considering that more than 16,000 86-87 Fleer cards have been graded by BGS and only five (.0003%) have received the Pristine grade.

Back in 2002, the first BGS 9.5 Gem Mint card sold for $77,200 to an Australian collector and was followed up by a handful of sales in the $15,000-$30,000 range, of which, the $77,200 sale is believed to be the highest selling price for any basketball card, and easily ranks as number one for all modern-era cards (1980-01 to the present).

This card may break that previous high mark and has the potential to hit the $100,000 plateau, previously reserved for cards like the T206 Honus Wagner, the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle, and the 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth. The card was crossed over from a PSA 10 Gem Mint to a BGS 10 Pristine at the Chicago Sun-Time show in Rosemont, Illinois March 24-26.

---

Just a testament to MJ's greatness..

post-75683-1144677264.jpg

Edited by revi
Iba pa rin para sa akin si MJ kasi i think kahit ngayong era sya maglaro at tulad ng skills nya dati...angat pa rin ang mga skills na kaya nyang gawin...Im not good at comparing nor i don't want to compare...but 1 thing i'm sure of till now magiging competitive pa rin si MJ pag ngayon sya maglaro...