Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Thanks a lot for the advice Google! :thumbsupsmiley: Can I ask what software you would recommend, by the way? Thanks a lot in advance! ;)
it depends on your need, what you use your computer for and the budget that you have. if you use your computer at home, probably the Windows Firewall will do. try to search the internet on what options that you have.
hi folks,i have a laptop: toshiba satellite 220cds. the problem is it doesn't boot and the screen is blank.power indicators are good. even the battery indicator shows it is charging.what could be the problem?
during boot-ups, do you hear beeps? kung meron, ilan? probably causes: RAM problems or motherboard problems.

I use my laptop both for work and for personal use. I believe that there are freewares for firewalls all around. I'll try to Google them.

Many thanks again Google! Till the next time! ;)

for reference na lang. the following are free firewalls:

a) Zone Alarm

B) Comodo

c) Kerio

d) CA Personal Firewall

e) Lavasoft

f) McAfee Personal Firewall

Among these choices, i have already tried Zone Alarm, Kerio, CA, Lavasoft and McAfee. Among the 4, i like McAfee best.

~Google

no beeps...all i noticed is that the "CAPS LOCK" sign blinks.

display is blank but power indicator is good.

even w/ bad RAM it should display something.

could be the power supply. baka bitin. minsan gannun kahit sira ang pwoer supply. akala mo nakaon but nothings working but the lights and fan.

worst case is the motherboard. tinamaan ang diagnostics kaya pati beep wala.

@poppinfresh2k5: hmmm...good point. i better check the ps. ty!

you could try booting your laptop minus the battery.. check for indicators like harddisk light and blink on the leds

if none then its an internal hardware malfunction..

most probably the cpu.. usually caused by deffective blower

you could bring it to megamall cyberzone for fixing

or you could go to starmall shawblvd-cyberzone.. i have good feed back on service from them..

got another problem w/ a desktop.

during boot, a "no 80-pin conductor cable installed" message displays on screen.

the odd thing is, the hd & fdd's are fine.

what could be the problem?

1. There is no 80 pin connected, you're probably using the old cable type.

2. Cable connectors could be connected to the wrong slots i.e. blue to blue in primary hard disk and IDE slot whilst the middle connector for 2nd. This is sometimes the problem why it takes an eternity from boot to windows gui (not the log-in screen).

1. There is no 80 pin connected, you're probably using the old cable type.

2. Cable connectors could be connected to the wrong slots i.e. blue to blue in primary hard disk and IDE slot whilst the middle connector for 2nd. This is sometimes the problem why it takes an eternity from boot to windows gui (not the log-in screen).

so its possible that even w/ a wrong connection, the system boots?

so its possible that even w/ a wrong connection, the system boots?

sorry, but did i get it right?

from boot, this message appears but it continues with the booting?

a) can you check your CMOS configuration you just need confirmation on change of configuration? baka dun lang.

B) if you have time, you can have your device opened and check the connections.

if this happens again after doing this, change your IDE cable.

guys, i have question...bakit some files sa pc ko, naka color blue na? For example, yung sa Flight Simulator ko, yung ibang files, naka color blue na...same thing sa iba din..d naman lahat ganun...is there an infection on my pc? i already scanned throughly pero walang results e...but Im not satisfied na wala....thanks for anyone that will help...

hi folks,

i have a laptop: toshiba satellite 220cds. the problem is it doesn't boot and the screen is blank.

power indicators are good. even the battery indicator shows it is charging.

have u tried booting with an installation disc? almost similar problem with my compaq, was able to isolate it as a hard drive problem... changed the hard drive all is well now... hope this helps.. :thumbsupsmiley:

~Google

no beeps...all i noticed is that the "CAPS LOCK" sign blinks.

display is blank but power indicator is good.

even w/ bad RAM it should display something.

Just like what I told you earlier (a few pages away), it could be an inverter or LCD panel problem.

It is very possibly displaying something, you just can't see anything (all black) because of a defective inverter/LCD panel.

If it is giving the right POST lights, might try to check on the parts I've been telling you.

Edited by Carlito4977
got another problem w/ a desktop.

during boot, a "no 80-pin conductor cable installed" message displays on screen.

the odd thing is, the hd & fdd's are fine.

Check if you can auto-detect the drive from your CMOS.

You're most probably using an old cable, and you might want to try an 80-wire IDE cable.

A 40-wire IDE cable will only give you 33mbps transfer rate while an 80-wire IDE cable can give you more than three times that speed.

just like what I told you earlier (a few pages away), it could be an inverter or LCD panel problem.

It is very possibly displaying something, you just can't see anything (all black) because of a defective inverter/LCD panel.

If it is giving the right POST lights, might try to check on the parts I've been telling you.

thanks. i'll check the lcd section.

Questions mga bro....

Sa PC ko 2 hardisc isang main drive and slave. Non tingnan ko yon slave drive ko completely wala sya laman as in blanko pero pag tingin mo sa properties ng slave drive halos maubos yon disc space. Dating may laman yon pero ngayon as in wala. Hindi naka hidden angd mga files nito. Any solutions

check the master boot list. virus can affect hard disk perfomance