Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

hope anyone can enlighten me: i'm about to buy a new pc this weekend. i'm planning to buy intel core 2 duo E4400 (2.0Ghz, 2mb L2 cache, 800mz FSB. pero may nakita ako intel pentium 4 631 (3.0Ghz, same lang L2 cache and FSB speed) can i still play the latest games for the next few years? kasi worry ko 2.0Ghz lang yung speed ng core duo. any info? thanks very much. and by the way, ok na ba inno3d 8500GT 512mb na video cards? medyo tipid lang kasi.

to get the mac address, go to start-run, type COMMAND dun sa prompt. it will take you to an MS-DOS prompt.

at the MS-DOS prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL

yung MAC address is yung physical address. looks like this: 00-9D-EF-34-0D-00

yun yung iblo-block mo. per mac address.

better way is to make your IP Address Static, then allow mo na agad yung IP addresses mo and reject everything else.

hope anyone can enlighten me: i'm about to buy a new pc this weekend. i'm planning to buy intel core 2 duo E4400 (2.0Ghz, 2mb L2 cache, 800mz FSB. pero may nakita ako intel pentium 4 631 (3.0Ghz, same lang L2 cache and FSB speed) can i still play the latest games for the next few years? kasi worry ko 2.0Ghz lang yung speed ng core duo. any info? thanks very much. and by the way, ok na ba inno3d 8500GT 512mb na video cards? medyo tipid lang kasi.

as far as i know... there are no games yet that can take advantage of the core 2 technology (i maybe wrong) so if you are looking at maximizing games potential, you will be better off with the 3ghz processor... am using a pentium d 2.66ghz (1mb l2 cache, 800/533 fsb)... i still enjoy playing games more on my sempron 2800... as for the video sorry no idea... is it pci or agp?

hope this helps :thumbsupsmiley:

sir google. did this info/ pero naapektohan ung os ko sir.

need to repair os daw. any info from this right now?

taga lipa are virus nga?

repair na lang your OS. use your winxp cd. sandali lang yan. at least, you can be sure now that your o/s is virus-free (or i hope so...)

its a worm...

bossing,

magpapalit po daw ako ng CMOS battery, kasi medyo luma na po yung laptop ko.

any referrals where i can go for laptop repair na medyo cheap lang?

salamat po.

actually, you can do it yourself. the CMOS battery is located below the keyboards. all you have to do is to remove it, buy a standard battery from a watch shop and put it in.

pero kung medyo ilang ka pa, dalahin mo na lang sa reputable shop life PC Express, etc.

Tip lang bka sakaling mak2long remove ure HDD sa casing nya then lagay mo sa 1 plastic much better yung plastic na makapal yung prang may bubbles make sure na sealed ang maigi ang HDD then lagay mo sa FREZZER fo 1 night then after that lagay mo ulit sa casing check mo kng ma detect make sure na hindi basa ang HDD nalamigan lang dapat sya. ive tried it b4 sa OLD HDD i hope mag work sayo pag nag work backup mo na yung mga files mo wag mo copy ng 1 copy lang i mean wag 1 bagsakan na copy try to copy paisa isa minsan nahihirapan ang HDD sa pag copy TIP lang

Hello. first of all, why did you need to reformat your laptop? were you downgrading from a Vista OS (usually new laptops come installed with Vista). Also, the drivers that also came along with your laptop may be for Vista only. Check your CD and look for a WinXP version of your drivers.

When we purchased these laptops last april it has linux as a default OS. Since my friend has the XP installer, we'd just install it ourselves. What's werid is when I tried to use the Add Hardware Wizard it tell me that the wirelwss card did not pass thier "windows signature" of some sort. Maybe it has some thing to do with the OS, I dont know. I would like to install it but I tried it once on other computers and it picks what applications to run, and it does not allow bootleg installers to continue. That is indirect problem, I cant switch to vista if they cant allow these kind of applicaions to continue; I can't delay my work because of this inconvinience.

My very, very, very last options are to either repair this at acer when I get home or sell it and buy an new one.

help on installing directx 9.0c, it won't install properly. i have 9.0b right now, hwen i install 9.0c bilis sobra then finished n rw pero 9.0b p rn directx ko. :(

your dx9.0c installer might be corrupted!

try to check your dx for errors. in the run command type dxdiag and check for problems.

Tip lang bka sakaling mak2long remove ure HDD sa casing nya then lagay mo sa 1 plastic much better yung plastic na makapal yung prang may bubbles make sure na sealed ang maigi ang HDD then lagay mo sa FREZZER fo 1 night then after that lagay mo ulit sa casing check mo kng ma detect make sure na hindi basa ang HDD nalamigan lang dapat sya. ive tried it b4 sa OLD HDD i hope mag work sayo pag nag work backup mo na yung mga files mo wag mo copy ng 1 copy lang i mean wag 1 bagsakan na copy try to copy paisa isa minsan nahihirapan ang HDD sa pag copy TIP lang

Curious. :rolleyes: What inspired you to make this move?

Hello. first of all, why did you need to reformat your laptop? were you downgrading from a Vista OS (usually new laptops come installed with Vista). Also, the drivers that also came along with your laptop may be for Vista only. Check your CD and look for a WinXP version of your drivers.

By the way, Linpus Linux was the default OS on my laptop before I chaged it to XP

freezing the HDD is no mystery specially if the problem is the read/write head of the HD has collapsed or is squeezing the platter thereby inhibiting its spinning. At low temps, it causes the platters to expand thereby pushing the read/write head to open. When you place it back in room temp, the platter contracts and the heads will be loose allowing the platter to spin.

Some cases this will not work specially if you have both mechanical and electronic failure or firmware as well as logical corruption.

I also encountered this problem with Acer. What i did was i placed the installation cd but did not run it. then on the device manager, I updated the driver software of the network adaptor and pointed it to search and install the driver in the CD. I'm using Win XP SP2. As for the buttons, you have to install the driver for each of the button. I remembered i have to download this one from their site.

I have a challenge for you guys, I have exhausted my resouces so I am resorting to get help from others.

I have an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop. My problem is the wireless adapter could not start (code 10). It's indicated on the device manager; it has drivers installed I even downloaded the latetest drivers form the wireless manufacturer themselves. But still it could not start.

Prior to that, I have a friend who bought the same laptop as I am on the same day and installed the wireless network drivers from his installation CD (I never used mine, since we're also installing the everything including the OS on that same day). It worked fine the drivers detected the card. Then, a few weeks after I had to reformat my computer and used the driver installation CD that came with my laptop. That is when the problem started, I was trying to test the wifi on my laptop but the indicator for the wireless adapter near the switch doesn't turn on and there it indicates that it could not start. I tried installing other drivers but still it was futile. The problem still reccurs and I need my laptop for connecting to a WIFI network.

My wireless card is Atheros AR5006X.

OS-WinXP SP2

Anyone please help me. :goatee:

I have a challenge for you guys, I have exhausted my resouces so I am resorting to get help from others.

I have an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop. My problem is the wireless adapter could not start (code 10). It's indicated on the device manager; it has drivers installed I even downloaded the latetest drivers form the wireless manufacturer themselves. But still it could not start.

Prior to that, I have a friend who bought the same laptop as I am on the same day and installed the wireless network drivers from his installation CD (I never used mine, since we're also installing the everything including the OS on that same day). It worked fine the drivers detected the card. Then, a few weeks after I had to reformat my computer and used the driver installation CD that came with my laptop. That is when the problem started, I was trying to test the wifi on my laptop but the indicator for the wireless adapter near the switch doesn't turn on and there it indicates that it could not start. I tried installing other drivers but still it was futile. The problem still reccurs and I need my laptop for connecting to a WIFI network.

OS-WinXP SP2

I worked with an authorized ACER Service Provider, and I encountered that problem more than once.

I can fix it for you if you want but I have to check and see your laptop personally. If you want you can contact me at 09287434857.

OS-WinXP SP2

had this problem b4 w/ aspire 5580. its hardware related so the supplier replaced the whole unit. :D

A question for vista users, do you have any problems installing from bootleg software (even legal ones for that matter)? I tried the OS once and it block 95% of the installers. I tried the compatability wizard but it proved only to be superficial.

Edited by mig 22
Can you pls help me to fix my computer ,every time I restart Bad cmos was post on on a start up windows

and overclocking .I reload the system defaults but whenn I restart my computer the same notice was post again.

if this is recurring after you loaded the system defaults, does the CMOS value go back its pre-loaded values?

pag ganun, try to check muna the CMOS battery. baka weak na or dead na.

kung di pa rin pwede, post the results here and we'll help you diagnose it.

Mga Pre, got problem on my display monitor. ang dilim eh. i aleady changed my VGA to Geforce FX5500 512MB. ganun pa din. I dnt know kung sa monitor na talaga yung prob. I need help... TIA

To check whether your monitor is the problem or not, plug in a different working monitor. The result should give you a clue on the problem.

actually, you can do it yourself. the CMOS battery is located below the keyboards. all you have to do is to remove it, buy a standard battery from a watch shop and put it in.

pero kung medyo ilang ka pa, dalahin mo na lang sa reputable shop life PC Express, etc.

bossing,

i did it. just like you said.

ako na mismo nagpalit ng battery.

ganun lang pala yun.

i asked sa gilmore magkano pagawa dun. hanep sa taga, P 1K daw.

so ako na lang, it only cost me P 150 for a replacement battery with add'l P 50 for pamasahe.

salamat uli sa tip.