Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

hello everybody...i hope that someone could help me on this one asap...i would like to send via internet a copy of adobe creative suite for mac to my pop who is in the US and just starting to learn the electronic way...there's 2 cd's for the package to work consisting of 586mb and 538mb respectively..i do have a rapidshare account...now my favor to ask from you guys is this...how could i send it to him electronically? as we all know rs have 100mb only per file..will splitting it won't affect the program itself when he extract it on their side? even a simple downloading is a gargantuan task for him over there as he is from the jurassic age...i dearly hope that somebody could help me on this one asap as otherwise i would be force to just send it to him via dhl wherein which would cost me alot!!!!!! thanks alot in advance...GOD BLESS!!!!!!! (sorry for this if this ain't the thread for this problem...desperate move...)

Use Winrar and try to split the files. Or search for HJSPLIT(free ware - user friendly). Oks na ito, sayang naman yung rapidshare account mo kung hindi natin maximize. :thumbsupsmiley:

dudes

just need some help, seem to have problem accessing www.theyarelive.com i always get an error HTTP 403 something can someone please advise on what to do?

tnx in advance :thumbsupsmiley:

are you browsing inside your company? error HTTP 403 means site is forbidden ... maybe your company blocked that site

• 2 weeks later...

have a toshiba laptop with pre installed vista basic,HD was not partitioned,found sowftware to partiton and i've done it successfully. Now i have vista ultimate edition,would i encounter a problem with the drivers of my laptop? mawawala kaya yung pagka partition ng HD?

tHANKS

have a toshiba laptop with pre installed vista basic,HD was not partitioned,found sowftware to partiton and i've done it successfully. Now i have vista ultimate edition,would i encounter a problem with the drivers of my laptop? mawawala kaya yung pagka partition ng HD?

tHANKS

hindi mawawala ang partition nyan. the only time partitions are deleted are if you deleted them using a partition creator like FDISK or GPARTED.

yung drivers, i think you may have to have them reinstalled.

hello everybody...i hope that someone could help me on this one asap...i would like to send via internet a copy of adobe creative suite for mac to my pop who is in the US and just starting to learn the electronic way...there's 2 cd's for the package to work consisting of 586mb and 538mb respectively..i do have a rapidshare account...now my favor to ask from you guys is this...how could i send it to him electronically? as we all know rs have 100mb only per file..will splitting it won't affect the program itself when he extract it on their side? even a simple downloading is a gargantuan task for him over there as he is from the jurassic age...i dearly hope that somebody could help me on this one asap as otherwise i would be force to just send it to him via dhl wherein which would cost me alot!!!!!! thanks alot in advance...GOD BLESS!!!!!!! (sorry for this if this ain't the thread for this problem...desperate move...)

I doubt if DHL or FEDEX will accept cd now. I've tried to send a cd containing the layout of our company's logo to US but these 2 courier won't accept cd, afraid of violating any copyright law?!

If you want to save, try to signup and upload your file to: drivehq.com Free 1 GB of ftp hosting.

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/faq.aspx

Just create 2 accounts and upload the content of each disc to 1 account and ask your dad to download it.

Regards

I need help guys! :headsetsmiley:

I have a portable USB hard drive of 40 gig. :rolleyes:

(I have been experiencing this problem for quite sometime already actually...) :blush:

Every time I plug it in and try to access it, a message box appears telling me that the disk is not formatted and if I want to format it now.

Of course I know that it has tons of files inside so why should I format it?

The thing is, there are very limited occasions when I get lucky that I can actually access it, say once in a week or two. :boo:

I think that there are bad sectors that is causing it and am really wondering what caused this problem? :blink:

I'm desperate sometimes that I even actually think of formatting it altogether. :evil:

Please help me out guys! :cry:

Thanks a lot in advance and more power to ya all! :thumbsupsmiley:

first and foremost, have you tried using it and connecting it to a different computer? baka naman yung USB port kasi may diprensya, not the hard drive.

hi! im looking for system diagnostic tool to test my system. any suggestion for software i can use?

thanks! :blush:

what specifically will you do the diagnosing? there are lots of tools in the net today, but they are specializing in certain areas like network diagnosis, memory diagnosis, etc.

if you want a general one and you are using windows XP, just try to run msinfo32.exe at start - run.

Yes, I did. And I'm afraid, its the same thing all over (both for my laptop and other desktops)...

Best case scenario is that the FAT/MBR is just corrupted. Try formatting your drive. If that doesn't work, then it just means that your flash drive has failed. :headsetsmiley:

naka wifi yung internet ko tapos wala akong gamit na server para sa internet dahil naka direkta sya sa hub. gusto ko sanang alisin ang internet acces yung ilang pc, meron na akong nakitang software yung advanced security administrator kaso hindi kasama sa disable nya ang firefox, kaya nakakagamit pa din ng internet yung pc. pano ang magandang gawin?

naka wifi yung internet ko tapos wala akong gamit na server para sa internet dahil naka direkta sya sa hub. gusto ko sanang alisin ang internet acces yung ilang pc, meron na akong nakitang software yung advanced security administrator kaso hindi kasama sa disable nya ang firefox, kaya nakakagamit pa din ng internet yung pc. pano ang magandang gawin?

I will assume these things since you didnt clarify it.

1. The hub that you meant was a router (since as you said you have no server 'proxy' )

2. You have a local area network (LAN) with PCs that can connect to your wifi router

3. You want to block certain PCs from accessing the internet through your router.

ADVISE

Depending on your router brand , if that is a Linksys , the default configuration website is http://192.168.1.1

What do i mean by this :

1. go to any computer of your LAN , then type in the browser the url http://192.168.1.1

2. username is admin

3. password by default is just a blank space (dont type anything)

4. when you've succesfully entered the configuration of your router , go to IP filtering

5. Since you're on wifi , what you can do is Filter ALL IP except the IPs that you will allow usage. This will prevent outside users within the wifi range to access your internet router.

for example : you have 5 PCs. they have IP adds of 192.168.1.10 , 192.168.1.11, 192.168.1.12 , 192.168.1.13,192.168.1.14

you will only allow 2 PCs to have internet access , that is the PCs with IP add .10 and .11 .

What you will put sa IP filters will be :

192.168.1.2 UP TO 192.168.1.9

192.168.1.12 UP TO 192.168.1.255

THIS MEANS ONLY 2 IP adds can use the internet ... .10 and .11

YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A SOFTWARE if its blocking internet that you want. Router config should be able to answer your need.

HOWEVER, if you want to block certain websites, etc... then this is when you buy those software to act as PROXY SERVERS

I will assume these things since you didnt clarify it.

1. The hub that you meant was a router (since as you said you have no server 'proxy' )

2. You have a local area network (LAN) with PCs that can connect to your wifi router

3. You want to block certain PCs from accessing the internet through your router.

ADVISE

Depending on your router brand , if that is a Linksys , the default configuration website is http://192.168.1.1

What do i mean by this :

1. go to any computer of your LAN , then type in the browser the url http://192.168.1.1

2. username is admin

3. password by default is just a blank space (dont type anything)

4. when you've succesfully entered the configuration of your router , go to IP filtering

5. Since you're on wifi , what you can do is Filter ALL IP except the IPs that you will allow usage. This will prevent outside users within the wifi range to access your internet router.

for example : you have 5 PCs. they have IP adds of 192.168.1.10 , 192.168.1.11, 192.168.1.12 , 192.168.1.13,192.168.1.14

you will only allow 2 PCs to have internet access , that is the PCs with IP add .10 and .11 .

What you will put sa IP filters will be :

192.168.1.2 UP TO 192.168.1.9

192.168.1.12 UP TO 192.168.1.255

THIS MEANS ONLY 2 IP adds can use the internet ... .10 and .11

YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A SOFTWARE if its blocking internet that you want. Router config should be able to answer your need.

HOWEVER, if you want to block certain websites, etc... then this is when you buy those software to act as PROXY SERVERS

sir,

thanks sa reply, kasi yung ip address lahat ay naka automatic, for some several reason ay hindi ko pwedeng alisin sa auto ung ip nya. nagawa ko na din manually na i-block ang internet access thru regedit, but yung firefox ay nakakalusot pa din. kapag nag-uninstall ako ng firefox, and dali lang i-copy ng user ang installer nun at voila, nakakagamit na uli ng internet.

sir,

thanks sa reply, kasi yung ip address lahat ay naka automatic, for some several reason ay hindi ko pwedeng alisin sa auto ung ip nya. nagawa ko na din manually na i-block ang internet access thru regedit, but yung firefox ay nakakalusot pa din. kapag nag-uninstall ako ng firefox, and dali lang i-copy ng user ang installer nun at voila, nakakagamit na uli ng internet.

I see. So naka set pala ang DHCP ng router.

What you do is block the users by using their MAC Address. ang MAC address kasi is unique per machine.

I research mo na lang pano malaman ang MAC address ng isang pC.

I see. So naka set pala ang DHCP ng router.

What you do is block the users by using their MAC Address. ang MAC address kasi is unique per machine.

I research mo na lang pano malaman ang MAC address ng isang pC.

to get the mac address, go to start-run, type COMMAND dun sa prompt. it will take you to an MS-DOS prompt.

at the MS-DOS prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL

yung MAC address is yung physical address. looks like this: 00-9D-EF-34-0D-00

yun yung iblo-block mo. per mac address.

this is TAGA LIPA ARE virus

1. open your task manager and end the process named wscript.exe

2. open a windows explorer , click the tools then folder options and click the view tab

3. check the show hidden files and folders and uncheck hide protected operating system files

4. at your drive C: delete the FS6519.dll.vbs and autorun.inf

5. then open the WINDOWS folder and delete the FS6519.dll.vbs

6. if you have several drive, delete also the FS6519.dll.vbs and autorun.inf

7. go to run and type regedit

8. find "taga lipa are" & "FS6519" and delete it

9. go to run and type msconfig

10. click startup and uncheck the FS6519.dll.vbs

sir google. did this info/ pero naapektohan ung os ko sir.

need to repair os daw. any info from this right now?

taga lipa are virus nga?

I have a challenge for you guys, I have exhausted my resouces so I am resorting to get help from others.

I have an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop. My problem is the wireless adapter could not start (code 10). It's indicated on the device manager; it has drivers installed I even downloaded the latetest drivers form the wireless manufacturer themselves. But still it could not start.

Prior to that, I have a friend who bought the same laptop as I am on the same day and installed the wireless network drivers from his installation CD (I never used mine, since we're also installing the everything including the OS on that same day). It worked fine the drivers detected the card. Then, a few weeks after I had to reformat my computer and used the driver installation CD that came with my laptop. That is when the problem started, I was trying to test the wifi on my laptop but the indicator for the wireless adapter near the switch doesn't turn on and there it indicates that it could not start. I tried installing other drivers but still it was futile. The problem still reccurs and I need my laptop for connecting to a WIFI network.

My wireless card is Atheros AR5006X.

OS-WinXP SP2

Anyone please help me. :goatee:

Edited by mig 22
Guest Leviticus
I have a challenge for you guys, I have exhausted my resouces so I am resorting to get help from others.

I have an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop. My problem is the wireless adapter could not start (code 10). It's indicated on the device manager; it has drivers installed I even downloaded the latetest drivers form the wireless manufacturer themselves. But still it could not start.

Prior to that, I have a friend who bought the same laptop as I am on the same day and installed the wireless network drivers from his installation CD (I never used mine, since we're also installing the everything including the OS on that same day). It worked fine the drivers detected the card. Then, a few weeks after I had to reformat my computer and used the driver installation CD that came with my laptop. That is when the problem started, I was trying to test the wifi on my laptop but the indicator for the wireless adapter near the switch doesn't turn on and there it indicates that it could not start. I tried installing other drivers but still it was futile. The problem still reccurs and I need my laptop for connecting to a WIFI network.

My wireless card is Atheros AR5006X.

OS-WinXP SP2

Anyone please help me. :goatee:

Hello. first of all, why did you need to reformat your laptop? were you downgrading from a Vista OS (usually new laptops come installed with Vista). Also, the drivers that also came along with your laptop may be for Vista only. Check your CD and look for a WinXP version of your drivers.