Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

bossing,

patulong naman po.

yung desktop ko, usually after mag-run ng avg daily check-up, nag-rerestart mag-isa.

kung minsan naman, kahit tapos na yung avg, bigla na lang mag-restart mag-isa.

any ideas why this is happening?

In some situation especially when anti-virus program has cleaned, healed, disinfected or removed a worm, trojan horse or virus from computer, there may be error happening whenever users try to open a program or access a device. dahil kung baka, may system file na nabura, napatungan o na-rename nung anti-virus o nung mismong virus itself.

in this scenario, may nawalang ini or dll files dyan na pag yun ang inexecute ng operating systems, nag-loloop ang commands, resulting in restarts.

my take on this is that the operating systems itself would have to be repaired, or try to use the system restore process to the date bago mo na-encounter ito.

hth.

I'm having a problem with my PC. Everytime i restart my PC all my save files , games etc were erased.If i try to change the settings like wallpaper and screen saver it would still go back to the previous after restarting.I've tried system restore but same thing happens after restarting.I can delete and save files when the pc is on but once i restart it goes back to the same settings with the deleted or save files restored or deleted.

I NEED HELP

MY MACHINE SEEMS TO HAVE GONE "BONKERS" ON ME AGAIN... THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER WON'T RUN...A SCREEN THAT SAY "INTERNAL ERROR OCCURRED" POPS UP WHEN I OPEN THE PROGRAM, NOW IM HAVING A HARD TIME PLAYING ALL MY "GOOD" VIDEOS....I CAN'T DO A REFORMAT SINCE MY HARD DRIVE HAS ALL MY CAD FILES...

CAN ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO? EVEN IF I INSTALL WIN MEDIA 11 IT STILL DOESNT WORK...

HELP!!!

AND ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SOUND MAINTENANCE TECHNIQUES FOR MY MACHINE AND SOFTWARE THAT I CAN USE...

THANKS FOR THE INFO....

I'm having a problem with my PC. Everytime i restart my PC all my save files , games etc were erased.If i try to change the settings like wallpaper and screen saver it would still go back to the previous after restarting.I've tried system restore but same thing happens after restarting.I can delete and save files when the pc is on but once i restart it goes back to the same settings with the deleted or save files restored or deleted.

if you are on XP, it looks like a corrupted user account wherein files, settings, etc that are found on c:\Documents and Settings\Account name can't be written or can't be properly read.

try creating a new user account and check if it is ok already.

I NEED HELP

MY MACHINE SEEMS TO HAVE GONE "BONKERS" ON ME AGAIN... THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER WON'T RUN...A SCREEN THAT SAY "INTERNAL ERROR OCCURRED" POPS UP WHEN I OPEN THE PROGRAM, NOW IM HAVING A HARD TIME PLAYING ALL MY "GOOD" VIDEOS....I CAN'T DO A REFORMAT SINCE MY HARD DRIVE HAS ALL MY CAD FILES...

CAN ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO? EVEN IF I INSTALL WIN MEDIA 11 IT STILL DOESNT WORK...

HELP!!!

AND ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SOUND MAINTENANCE TECHNIQUES FOR MY MACHINE AND SOFTWARE THAT I CAN USE...

THANKS FOR THE INFO....

were you infected by a virus, a worm, or a spyware?

the drivers as well as the DLL files that are being used by Win Media Player were already damaged.

your first alternative is to uninstall Win Media Player, and have everything manually deleted sa registry (via regedit, search all registry entries relating to Media Player), and install the WinMedia 11.

if it does not work, its either an operating systems repair or reformat/re-install windows.

were you infected by a virus, a worm, or a spyware?

the drivers as well as the DLL files that are being used by Win Media Player were already damaged.

your first alternative is to uninstall Win Media Player, and have everything manually deleted sa registry (via regedit, search all registry entries relating to Media Player), and install the WinMedia 11.

if it does not work, its either an operating systems repair or reformat/re-install windows.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY...

CAN YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC...ABA MAHIRAP YATA YUNG PAKIKIALAMAN KO YUNG REGISTRY, BAKA MAYA MAGKAMALI AKO LALONG MAGLOKO YUNG PC KO, WALA BANG MAS MADALIUNG PARAAN PARA MAAYOS TO?

THNAKS ULIT

THANKS FOR THE REPLY...

CAN YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC...ABA MAHIRAP YATA YUNG PAKIKIALAMAN KO YUNG REGISTRY, BAKA MAYA MAGKAMALI AKO LALONG MAGLOKO YUNG PC KO, WALA BANG MAS MADALIUNG PARAAN PARA MAAYOS TO?

THNAKS ULIT

there are lots of entries sa registry which can refer to the Windows Media Player.

what you can do is to search for all of them using F3.

the madaling paraan is to have your operating systems repaired or reinstalled. baka makuha dun.

Mga bossing need help, naaksidente kong nabagsak ung external HD ko, when i try to connect it to my PC nde na cya mabasa, my paraan pa bang ma repair ung HD ko? tnx in advance :)

hmmmm. naka casing naman sya diba? could be the cables first, the power supply or the actual hard disk itself.

a suggestion, is that you try to have it connected directly via IDE. pag hindi pa din mabasa, malamang misaligned na yang hard disk.

mga sirs i need your help po... may laptop kasi ako... kaso nagkaproblema... bigla nalang sya nag-o-off... na-reformat naman na sya and ganun pa din yung prob... kung minsan, mahirap sya, i-turn on... ano po i-trotrouble shoot ko? thanks a lot!!!

could be a motherboard or a RAM problem, but most likely, its a RAM problem.

to diagnose, download and refer to this site...

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

hth.

mga sirs i need your help po... may laptop kasi ako... kaso nagkaproblema... bigla nalang sya nag-o-off... na-reformat naman na sya and ganun pa din yung prob... kung minsan, mahirap sya, i-turn on... ano po i-trotrouble shoot ko? thanks a lot!!!

i had similar problem before. scan mo muna ng anti virus. kung ganun pa din, ipa check mo na sa manufacturer yan or reputable service center. tiyak power supply problema nyan na nasa loob ng laptop mo.

hello everybody...i hope that someone could help me on this one asap...i would like to send via internet a copy of adobe creative suite for mac to my pop who is in the US and just starting to learn the electronic way...there's 2 cd's for the package to work consisting of 586mb and 538mb respectively..i do have a rapidshare account...now my favor to ask from you guys is this...how could i send it to him electronically? as we all know rs have 100mb only per file..will splitting it won't affect the program itself when he extract it on their side? even a simple downloading is a gargantuan task for him over there as he is from the jurassic age...i dearly hope that somebody could help me on this one asap as otherwise i would be force to just send it to him via dhl wherein which would cost me alot!!!!!! thanks alot in advance...GOD BLESS!!!!!!! (sorry for this if this ain't the thread for this problem...desperate move...)

guys help me naman, yung pc ko nagloloko since nung may gumagamit ng flash disk na infected yta. may mga programs at windows sya na sinasara lagi. tapos kahit msconfig hindi ko ma-access. anyway i can repair this without formatting my drive? :(

scan your hard drive and your flash disk for viruses

prone kasi ang mga flash disk ngayon sa mga trojan and viruses

hello everybody...i hope that someone could help me on this one asap...i would like to send via internet a copy of adobe creative suite for mac to my pop who is in the US and just starting to learn the electronic way...there's 2 cd's for the package to work consisting of 586mb and 538mb respectively..i do have a rapidshare account...now my favor to ask from you guys is this...how could i send it to him electronically? as we all know rs have 100mb only per file..will splitting it won't affect the program itself when he extract it on their side? even a simple downloading is a gargantuan task for him over there as he is from the jurassic age...i dearly hope that somebody could help me on this one asap as otherwise i would be force to just send it to him via dhl wherein which would cost me alot!!!!!! thanks alot in advance...GOD BLESS!!!!!!! (sorry for this if this ain't the thread for this problem...desperate move...)

the best way talaga is to send the CD via courier ... unless you will setup a ftp server and they will download it ng matagal (depende rin ito sa bandwidth ng internet nila)

Guest Leviticus

go to www.allpeers.com

transfer the files via p2p

guys help me naman, yung pc ko nagloloko since nung may gumagamit ng flash disk na infected yta. may mga programs at windows sya na sinasara lagi. tapos kahit msconfig hindi ko ma-access. anyway i can repair this without formatting my drive? :(

first of all, you have to check if the computer still has some virus strains. boot it up first in safe mode, from a floppy or from a CD and scan your drive c:.

if it fails, then you may have to do an operating systems repair... files are not deleted.

if it still fails, you have no choice but to reformat and reinstall.

please help me. i can't browse the yahoo website but others site is okay, only yahoo sites i cant browse. every tine i browse the yahoo website, "BLOCK_CAT" will appear then i cant get through the site. please help me. by the way, i'm using the company network and i am using the proxy. please help.... thanks a lot

block_cat is a Php SQL dump error.

are you still getting this message even now? if you are, try clearing up your cache files sa browser mo.

if it still does not work, can you try accessing yahoo at other PCs? if they have the same error, probably, the cache also needs to be cleared at the proxy server.