Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

help guys!

our computer is a p4 running XP and all the printers installed on it disappeared! tried installing them again and the computer says:

"Print spooler service has been stopped. Please restart the computer so print spooler services can resume." or something to that effect.

tried restarting but nothing happened - still no printers and couldn't install any. i suspect i inadvertently deleted a DLL when i tried an advanced spyware cleaner. but i could be wrong.

help! :lol:

try booting to safe mode and use system restore before the problem happened. again try lang. ;)

question guys! i corrupted my xp when i closed my cpu while it was shutting down. now whenever i boot up my desktop, it goes to a loop. restarting always.

i tried opening via safe mode but still its looping. i booted via my OS thru my cd rom. i tried booting to c prompt, same thing happened. i need help.

tried booting to your OSCD and run CHKDSK /R in recovery console. HTH

mga sirs, patulong naman po. when i open my browser (mozilla) laging lumalabas is problem loading page. same with other browsers such as IE and opera. pero dun sa cable modem ko, ok naman. tinawag ko na sa cable provider ko and sabi gumagana yung internet connection sa laptop nila, kaya baka yung problem e dun daw po sa laptop ko. Ano po kaya cause ng problem na to? tried checking for viruses pero wala namang nakita. Thanks in advance!

probably your network connection settings is set to manual wherein you have to input pa manually the IP addresses, DNS settings, etc.

put it under automatically detect settings, and try to clear your cache.

question guys! i corrupted my xp when i closed my cpu while it was shutting down. now whenever i boot up my desktop, it goes to a loop. restarting always.

i tried opening via safe mode but still its looping. i booted via my OS thru my cd rom. i tried booting to c prompt, same thing happened. i need help.

its not your XP... your MBR (memory boot record) is destroyed. you can have it repaired by botting from your XP CD, and choose repair option instead of re-install.

I always get STOP Error Blu Screen 0x000008e

Begin Physical memory dump etc etc..

sign of a virus infection and operating systems damage.

its not your XP... your MBR (memory boot record) is destroyed. you can have it repaired by botting from your XP CD, and choose repair option instead of re-install.

thanks for the advicd, but it still won't boot from my XP CD. still need help. i also tried burning a bootable cd from my laptop still it doesnt work on my desktop. i get to see the xp logo then magwarm reboot siya, looping ulit.

thanks for the advicd, but it still won't boot from my XP CD. still need help. i also tried burning a bootable cd from my laptop still it doesnt work on my desktop. i get to see the xp logo then magwarm reboot siya, looping ulit.

hmmm. two options:

a) format your unit, and boot from your XP CD.

B) if it does not work, baka hardware problem na yan.

Everytime I boot my PC, it would prompt to test my E: drive for consistency. I thought it would go away when I had my hard drive reformatted (for another reason not because of it). However, it still does this when I boot my PC. So I just cancel it. It doesn't do much hard but it's a hassle coz it delays the boot process. How do I put a stop to this?

How come my PC is sooooo slow when I'm ripping CDs (using iTunes). Di naman ganito dati. I still have a lot of HD space, and my RAM is 1Gig. Dati nga 512 lng ako pero ok naman operation ng PC ko habang nagri-rip. Is there something I need to adjust/tweak?

Thanks!

una, check mo muna yung mga tumatakbong applications sa background. control-alt-delete mo ng one time, tapos punta ka sa "processes" tab. yung iba kasi dyan, hidden ang takbo. check mo yung program na kumakain ng pinakamalaking resources, and validate it kung valid yung program/application na yun.

second, check mo yung startup programs mo by typing msconfig dun sa "run". dun mo makikita yung mga programs na tumatakbo during startup of the operating system.

third, could be spyware/adware. scan mo pc mo.

hth.

Edited by Google
Everytime I boot my PC, it would prompt to test my E: drive for consistency. I thought it would go away when I had my hard drive reformatted (for another reason not because of it). However, it still does this when I boot my PC. So I just cancel it. It doesn't do much hard but it's a hassle coz it delays the boot process. How do I put a stop to this?

during shutdown, does your computer shutdown normally? o manual ang shutdown mo? disk consistency errors are caused by improper dismounting of the hard disks during shutdown.

during shutdown, does your computer shutdown normally? o manual ang shutdown mo? disk consistency errors are caused by improper dismounting of the hard disks during shutdown.

Sorry dude, can you clarify what the difference is between shutting down the pc normally and manual shutdown? What I normally do when I shut down my pc is to press the 'power' button on my keyboard. I don't go to the start button anymore to select shut down to turn off my pc. Is this the cause of this issue?

Sorry dude, can you clarify what the difference is between shutting down the pc normally and manual shutdown? What I normally do when I shut down my pc is to press the 'power' button on my keyboard. I don't go to the start button anymore to select shut down to turn off my pc. Is this the cause of this issue?

that is shutting it down normally, and yes, that causes your problem.

the normal shutdown i was talking about is using the shutdown button (start-turnoff the computer-shutdown).

huhu :( theres a threat detected, it says:

while opening file: c:\dcuments and settings\all uses\documents\shareddocs.exe

virus identified worm/vb.ou

tried avg and kaspersky to clean it but balik ng balik :(

how can i erase this?

try cleaning it at safe mode. boot from a clean device.

the worm is in your registry.

how can i erase this?

try to visit www.norton.com

search for the virus name. and get step by step on how to remove it.

safe mode is the way to remove it complety on ur pc

una, check mo muna yung mga tumatakbong applications sa background. control-alt-delete mo ng one time, tapos punta ka sa "processes" tab. yung iba kasi dyan, hidden ang takbo. check mo yung program na kumakain ng pinakamalaking resources, and validate it kung valid yung program/application na yun.

second, check mo yung startup programs mo by typing msconfig dun sa "run". dun mo makikita yung mga programs na tumatakbo during startup of the operating system.

third, could be spyware/adware. scan mo pc mo.

hth.

Checked the processes and the biggest application during that time (besides iTunes) was just YM and IE; I've also reconfiuged all startup applications to the least para mabilis ang pag start-up nya but I believe this has nothing to do with it.

Right now I'm at work and my workstation (which i believe)'s lot lower in specs compared to my PC, but how come right now i'm ripping cds here and all other applications (or the PC itself) is not experiencing a slow down (its using a 512 RAM).

I also checked my pc for spyware/viruses and found none.

Checked the processes and the biggest application during that time (besides iTunes) was just YM and IE; I've also reconfiuged all startup applications to the least para mabilis ang pag start-up nya but I believe this has nothing to do with it.

Right now I'm at work and my workstation (which i believe)'s lot lower in specs compared to my PC, but how come right now i'm ripping cds here and all other applications (or the PC itself) is not experiencing a slow down (its using a 512 RAM).

I also checked my pc for spyware/viruses and found none.

dami kc factor since ur virus free let me say wats on my head

-heat. mas mainit pc mas mabagal sya. mas malamig mas mabilis

-rpm disk que indexsing if your on files on the move always u need a better drive

-memory is ur running 512mb single memory or 2pcs of 215mb make sure its the same type not double pin memory yun me ic sa harap at likod.

-if ur into CD tignan ntn kung anung cd rom yun isa. bka 16x yun isa at yun lower spec hold 52x sped

try running msconfig para matangal mo yun mga tumatakbo on startup process

wala nkong maiisip i hope i done a bit help

dami kc factor since ur virus free let me say wats on my head

-heat. mas mainit pc mas mabagal sya. mas malamig mas mabilis

-rpm disk que indexsing if your on files on the move always u need a better drive

-memory is ur running 512mb single memory or 2pcs of 215mb make sure its the same type not double pin memory yun me ic sa harap at likod.

-if ur into CD tignan ntn kung anung cd rom yun isa. bka 16x yun isa at yun lower spec hold 52x sped

try running msconfig para matangal mo yun mga tumatakbo on startup process

wala nkong maiisip i hope i done a bit help

Actually yung slot kasi ng MOBO ko ay 3. So that has two 256s and one 512 on the other. May kinalaman kaya ito?

With regards to temperature, I always turn on my AC whenever i'm using my PC.

And as to the startup programs, I have almost taken out all that is not important on startup.

that is shutting it down normally, and yes, that causes your problem.

the normal shutdown i was talking about is using the shutdown button (start-turnoff the computer-shutdown).

Dude, I did what you told me which is to download it the normal way (start-turnoff the computer-shutdown). However, I still encounter the same disk test when I boot my PC.

how can i erase this?

Ok na ba yun computer mo? Kung hindi pa, try mo yun suggestion nina dj_flip03. I agree with him. Dagdag ko lang na kaya balik ng balik yun ay posibleng meron siyang "companion" program. When you try to delete or remove the bug, alam nun companion nya na may nag remove dun sa una. Ang gagawin nya ay ire restore nya yun "kakampi" niyang program.

So ang gagawin mo, gaya ng sinabi nila dj_flip03, check mo yun running programs or processes. Mas ok kung iko close mo muna yung mga programs na ikaw ang nag install or nagpa install. Close mo yun word processor mo, spreadsheet mo, email program mo or yun browser mo. Sama mo na yung mga audio/video player mo. Ang reason behind this is to lessen the number of processes na kailangan mo tingnan dun sa Task Manager mo.

In my experience, yung mga processes na may unusual na name ang culprit. Or kaya yung mga processes na ikaw yun owner at hindi yun system. Be very careful with this. Tapos pag may suspect ka na, try mo hanapin yung file na kapangalan ng suspect process mo using any method na familiar ka.

Pag nahanap mo, take note of the folder or location nun file. Then open mo yun registry by typing regedit dun sa run mo or sa Command prompt mo. Again, be very careful with this tool. Tapos try mo hanapin first yung hkey_current_user, highlight mo yun tapos press mo CTRL-F tapos type mo dun sa mag a appear na box yun filename na nag correspond sa suspect process mo. Ang purpose mo naman here is to find and delete its name dun sa registry key or keys na nilagay niya sa computer mo. Medyo mahirap i explain at delikado if you are not careful pero that's the principle.

Medyo malabo na ba yun sinasabi ko? Try mo din un msconfig tool. The important thing is mahanap mo yung suspect processes mo at ma disable mo yun pagtakbo or paglo load nila each time you start your computer. Pag run mo nun msconfig meron ka makikita part or tab dun na Startup ang name. Doon mo hanapin yun suspect file mo sa Command column. Pag nakita mo i uncheck mo yun box nya para di siya mag run next time na mag boot ka ng computer.

Kaya lang you will have to stop those processes first before cleaning up your registry, startup folder mo or wherever the bug was designed to be para mag load siya automatically. Otherwise, ire restore din nung bug yung mga inalis mong files or settings. So in effect, hindi rin naalis lalo na kung meron nga siya "companion".

Actually, you can follow our suggestions everytime na may worm or spyware na pumasok sa computer mo. Yung registry at startup folder kasi ang ginagalaw nila para ma accomplish nila yun "purpose" nila para mag run at mag propagate. Be very careful din sa mga removable drives ngayon. Meron na rin way para mag load sa computer natin ang isang bug the moment na i insert yung drive. Pwede yun manggaling sa mga USB drives, data CD or any format na pwede lagyan ng autorun.inf file. Kasi when Windows sees this file, it tries to run the program or bug that the file points to, hence the name autorun.

I hope me nadagdag akong detail or may na contribute ako kahit maliit.