Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

na try mo na ba mag boot sa safe mode?? or try restoring your computer... :unsure:

if still doesnt work, if your using winXP try repairing your pc using the repair option if you still have the disc (not the 1st option that appears on installion, thats the recovery console, the 2nd repair option should appear after hitting the install option).... :)

and if still doesnt work... last option would be to format you hardisk..... if you have 2 hardisk make a backup 1st and format it.... :)

*** have already experience this..... tried all things.... last resort was to format.... lucky for me i have a 2nd pc that i could use for backups... :)

Edited by tripmate
Wat's up, guys!

I got a new problem:

My PC keeps on restarting every 5 mins(approx). This started just yesterday afternoon. Pero before that, nagkakaroon na ng mga slight slowdown yung pc ko. What's going on? Prior to yesterdays dillema, I was just downloading something from Azureus for about 8 hrs, turned it off after the download, turned it back on after 5 hours and then dun na nag-start yung problem.

Sakin din eh random restart nakaka bad trip na

try to isolate the issue kung HW/SW, boot kayo to BIOS page and let the system sit there. kung mag restart pc nyo then it means na HW problem to since walang SW na naka load nun. possible solution is to check the heatsink and fans.

kung nde man magrestart sa BIOS page, try nyo yung recommended actions ni fafa tripmate :cool:

if ever na hardware problem nga,check mo ung power supply mo..kung sakali may mahiraman ka power supply,itest mo sa PC mo.

pwede din na may busted caps na ung MoBo mo..o kaya check mo din ung CPU temperature mo sa bios.. :lol:

Wat's up, guys!

I got a new problem:

My PC keeps on restarting every 5 mins(approx). This started just yesterday afternoon. Pero before that, nagkakaroon na ng mga slight slowdown yung pc ko. What's going on? Prior to yesterdays dillema, I was just downloading something from Azureus for about 8 hrs, turned it off after the download, turned it back on after 5 hours and then dun na nag-start yung problem.

try to isolate the issue kung HW/SW, boot kayo to BIOS page and let the system sit there. kung mag restart pc nyo then it means na HW problem to since walang SW na naka load nun. possible solution is to check the heatsink and fans.

kung nde man magrestart sa BIOS page, try nyo yung recommended actions ni fafa tripmate :cool:

Gotcha!

if ever na hardware problem nga,check mo ung power supply mo..kung sakali may mahiraman ka power supply,itest mo sa PC mo.

pwede din na may busted caps na ung MoBo mo..o kaya check mo din ung CPU temperature mo sa bios.. :lol:

Kaso, i tried to rest the PC for a day eh, ganun pa din.

...and one more thing: Pag nag-bukas na yung desktop ko after restarting, laging naka bukas yung SYSTEM 32 folder ko. I also notice a folder inside System32 (i forgot the name, pero it seems na yung date and time of creation of the said folder is same to the restart time/date). Ano kaya ibig sabihin nito?

My friend told me to do a "system restore" pano ba to?

Thanks, bros!!!

Edited by dj_flip03
Gotcha!

Kaso, i tried to rest the PC for a day eh, ganun pa din.

...and one more thing: Pag nag-bukas na yung desktop ko after restarting, laging naka bukas yung SYSTEM 32 folder ko. I also notice a folder inside System32 (i forgot the name, pero it seems na yung date and time of creation of the said folder is same to the restart time/date). Ano kaya ibig sabihin nito?

My friend told me to do a "system restore" pano ba to?

Thanks, bros!!!

kung gus2 mong mag system restore, click start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

just choose a date before the issue occured. usually effective cya kung used w/in a few days only. useless kung magrestore ka

ng mga months na ang pagitan. balitaan mo kami bro. :cool:

kung gus2 mong mag system restore, click start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

just choose a date before the issue occured. usually effective cya kung used w/in a few days only. useless kung magrestore ka

ng mga months na ang pagitan. balitaan mo kami bro. :cool:

Nga pala. What if I wont be able to do this because it might restart once again as soon as I get to the system? Will going in safe mode first do the trick?

mga tsong, patulong naman...

pano ba ma reinstall yung norton antivirus after mag lapse yung subscription period? sinubukan na iuninstall and tangalin sa registry (kaso ang dami at paisa-isa pa) pero na detect pa rin na expired subscription nung tinry ireinstall....

Norton 2006 kc yun (raon ver nga lang) and its working ok after iupdate using auto update yung virus def... pero nadetect na GSM after mag manual update...

may way ba para di madetect na previously installed na yung software at magamit ulit?

thanks in advance mga repapips!

Software these days are smarter than that. They embed entries in your registry or somewhere else that keeps track of the first install date. It's actually very easy to do. If you had the pro version of InstallShield, you could uninstall a program really cleanly because it keeps track of all, and I mean ALL changes that a software installation does to your system.

Besides, Norton Utlities have always been resource hogs. If you are not willing to buy AV products, then get free ones. And then just regularly do online scans from AV vendors like McAfee or Trend from their webistes.

But then again, the average user doesn't really care about viruses and the likes until they've been hit, right?

Ok guys!!!

I tried to do a system restore (this was done while in safe mode), di sya nag restart while doing it pero di rin gumana yung system restore. I tried several dates (dating from a week up to last month's) pero ayaw pa rin. After that, mukhang lumala, nag bu-blue screen na sya (with fatal error msg 0x00000080). I tried reparing it by re loading the bootable disk pero ayaw na rin (i forgot the error msg pero it says something like you cannot continue coz a file is missing). Sabi ng friend ko, baka daw na corrupt na yung reg key ko coz of maybe a spyware or virus. Pwede daw i-reformat pero kelangan daw yung may floppy-disk-kinda-way of reformatting. Pano yun? Any other option?

Hello!

My P4 WinXP Home PC emits beeps and toots palagi.. akala ko epekto lng ng games na laro ng anak ko.. but when I use other programs na like MSWord, Powerpt, etc. ganun pa rin.. kahit naka-Win Media Player humahalo siya sa music. If you tone down the volume hihina din yung beeps and toots, pero sabay lang sila ng paghina ng tugtog ko.

A friend asked me to adjust the Sounds settings sa Control Panel. Tried it na but to no avail. Hope someone can help me here.. Thanks much! This thread is very informative! Bow ako sa inyo peeps! :)

Ok guys!!!

I tried to do a system restore (this was done while in safe mode), di sya nag restart while doing it pero di rin gumana yung system restore. I tried several dates (dating from a week up to last month's) pero ayaw pa rin. After that, mukhang lumala, nag bu-blue screen na sya (with fatal error msg 0x00000080). I tried reparing it by re loading the bootable disk pero ayaw na rin (i forgot the error msg pero it says something like you cannot continue coz a file is missing). Sabi ng friend ko, baka daw na corrupt na yung reg key ko coz of maybe a spyware or virus. Pwede daw i-reformat pero kelangan daw yung may floppy-disk-kinda-way of reformatting. Pano yun? Any other option?

If you are sure that the constant reboots started happening only after you downloaded that file, then it probably has something to do with that download. You shouldn't have mocked around your system doing all kinds of sh_t that only tech savvy people do. Sorry, if this is a bit of a lecture, but I think someone has to tell you this at some point in time. I have to caution all you newbies and enthusiasts who want to become more tech savvy to never do something unless you understand it first. Because you can easily make things worse like case in point here...

Now on we go...

First of all, let's understand what Safe Mode is, and how different it is from Normal Mode. Normal mode allows you to do all the stuff you can in Windows, while Safe mode only loads the bare necessities. There are several options for safe mode, like minimal, networking, vga, and command prompt. Usually, you will only use minimal unless what you are trying to fix requires you to connect to a network, or vga - when you need to load your current vga driver and not the default 16 bit resolution - or for those who dont understand - it is the flaky screen where there are only 256 colors. When windows is in safe mode, it doesnt run all the other programs that do fancy stuff, also - it removes the locking it has on system files. Meaning, it will allow you to modify a lot of things at will. In this case, windows is trusting you with itself and will not caution you if you are doing something wrong. This is also the reason you can fix some of the virus and spyware programs by going into safe mode and then deleting them. These things attach themselves in system protected files and folders so that they are "protected by windows" during Normal mode.

And now you understand how you can easily make things worse by doing stuff in safe mode. That is why you must never mock up with it unless you know what you are doing, or are sure that you can undo your mistake. Also, this means booting in safe mode alone doesnt fix anything, it just allows you to fix the problem. You still have to know what the problem is, and what specific file or config setting is causing it. The same goes with the system registry.

For this case, I think you'll save more time by just reinstalling windows than trying to fix it one by one because of what has already happened... this doesn't mean you need to reformat your entire drive. You cans till save all your files. Only windows has gone bad, not the entire disk drive. Reinstalling windows should fix it.

1. First, boot from a floppy.

2. Delete the entire Windows directory. There used to be an old utility that allows you to delete directories that aren't empty while in DOS prompt. It's called deltree.exe, look for one first in the internet or in some Win 98 PCs.

3. Delete the entire Program Files directory.

4. Reboot and install WinXP. Just point your new My Documents to your old folder.

5. Reinstall your drivers and other programs. Then everything should be like new.

Hello!

My P4 WinXP Home PC emits beeps and toots palagi.. akala ko epekto lng ng games na laro ng anak ko.. but when I use other programs na like MSWord, Powerpt, etc. ganun pa rin.. kahit naka-Win Media Player humahalo siya sa music. If you tone down the volume hihina din yung beeps and toots, pero sabay lang sila ng paghina ng tugtog ko.

A friend asked me to adjust the Sounds settings sa Control Panel. Tried it na but to no avail. Hope someone can help me here.. Thanks much! This thread is very informative! Bow ako sa inyo peeps! :)

This is most probably a HW issue. There is actually a code in the beeps for specific HW errors but I don't remember what they are. Try unplugging all peripherals and then plugging them back again. Do the same for all the cards in your motherboard, including the memory. Same for the IDE and power cables as well. Make sure that everything is plugged in properly.

Reboot, and just let Windows sit for a while and wait if it still beeps.

1. First, boot from a floppy.

2. Delete the entire Windows directory. There used to be an old utility that allows you to delete directories that aren't empty while in DOS prompt. It's called deltree.exe, look for one first in the internet or in some Win 98 PCs.

3. Delete the entire Program Files directory.

4. Reboot and install WinXP. Just point your new My Documents to your old folder.

5. Reinstall your drivers and other programs. Then everything should be like new.

Sir by any chance do you have a boot-up disk for a floppy drive?

or can you point me to the right direction where to get a boot-up disk that will also enable my cd-rom drive upon boot-up

thanks

mga masters,

help naman. my problem is my sony memory stick. i got an " error format " message when

im accessing it. it is two-sided (256mb each side). only the other side is on error while the other side is

functioning well. it started when i detached the memory stick w/o turning off the digicam and i switch it to the

other side. then pag -access ko sa isa, ayun error na. can i still recover the pictures and videos in it. how can i reformat it

if the files cannot be recovered anymore. salamat ng marami sa inyo.

Sir by any chance do you have a boot-up disk for a floppy drive?

or can you point me to the right direction where to get a boot-up disk that will also enable my cd-rom drive upon boot-up

thanks

You can create one yourself. Win 98 allows you to create a startup disk. I had to do this myself a year or so ago, and so I had to drive around for an internet cafe that still had Win 98 PCs... luckily I found one. The prick who was manning the cafe wanted to charge me P50 for a startup disk, so I just rented his PC for 5 minutes and made one myself. It's somewhere in the add/remove programs under control panel. Just bring a working diskette. It will erase all the content of the diskette and create a startup disk for you. Then keep the disk safe afterwards because you will probably need it again. Better yet, save the content in your HD or something. Booting from the disk will provide you with an option to enable the CDROM drive.

Happy hunting...

mga masters,

help naman. my problem is my sony memory stick. i got an " error format " message when

im accessing it. it is two-sided (256mb each side). only the other side is on error while the other side is

functioning well. it started when i detached the memory stick w/o turning off the digicam and i switch it to the

other side. then pag -access ko sa isa, ayun error na. can i still recover the pictures and videos in it. how can i reformat it

if the files cannot be recovered anymore. salamat ng marami sa inyo.

Typical of what happens when you just yank them out without doing the "safe removal". You can reformat it like a normal disk or drive, but inorder to recover the files, don't write or save anything on it yet. There are several file recovery tools available in the internet. Some you have to buy, some are free. There is this one tool that is very good and one I have used extensively, it is called "Restoration" and it is FREE.

You can find it here...

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

It is only 1 executable file that doesnt need any installation and is very small that you can run it from a diskette. I say it's very good, because it is extremely simple to use. There are more powerful ones out there, but they are a bit more complicated... and they're not free.

Since we are on the topic, let me explain the concept behind this...

Technically speaking, any file that has been erased can still be recovered unless it's old location in the magnetic media has already been overwritten. This is why you shouldn't write anything, or copy any files, or take photos using that memory stick otherwise you run the risk of overwriting the "empty" space where the old files used to be. You need to understand that even a single file is broken up and "saved" in different places in the magnetic media. So a file's beginning part might be at the front of the hard disk, while it's ending part might be at the middle of the disk.

Which is why secure deletion is actually just randomly overwriting all empty blocks of space with patterns and then deleting them, and then overwriting again. This is the only way to remove traces of information from the media, as espoused officially by the US Dept of Defense. So I guess this answers a lot of questions also. Formatting doesnt securely erase anything... neither does deleting the partition, nor doing low level deletion or low level formatting.

I have a problem with my wifi connection. i know that it's not my router, since my fone could communicate well with my router. my laptop could detect signals, but could not connect to my router. But when click my neighbor's SSID, im connected. So no probs with my wifi card. I use WPA security for my connection, configured my fone to it, my fone got online. my laptop, configured it on windows, clicked auto connect, ayaw padin. full bar naman ako lagi pag nag aa-ttempt ako na mag online. same room din yun router tsaka laptop.

minsan naman nakaka connect ako, pero kadalasan ayaw talaga. nakakatawa pa (i hope this info could help), minsan nakaka tsamba mka online, pero me warning sa browser na working offline. indi ko lang alam kun sakin o sa neighbor ko yun signal.

I know there are programs out there that could detect MAC and IP addresses, machines that could jam wifi signals, but i could use some help from you guys first before i paint-strip my neighbor's new car. thanks.

Ok guys!!!

nde mo na kelangan ng boot disk. pwede ka naman mag boot using the WINXP CD chaka nde mo pa kelangan mag clean install. CHKDSK /R ka muna sa recovery console or run repair reinstall. HTH

Hello!

sir, beeps heard during post ba? baka may keys na stuck.

hi guys... if i install a new mobo do i need to reinstall my windowsXP? just want to make sure because i'm planning to buy a new mobo. tnx. :)

it is advisable. ;)

Help po every so often nag frfreeze PC ko nag lolock up po siya.

Hinde nag rerespond lahat pati CTRL+ALT+DEL ayaw gumana.. Tas ayaw mag run ng mga program pati shortcut.

Badtrip random po to nangyayari eh hassle!

Eto ung error sa Event Viewer

Pls help

SYSTEM

Error

The Computer Browser service terminated with the following error:

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Error

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

d347bus

FsUdf

Warning

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.