Fat Burners And Diet Pills

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of fat burners and diet pills, but for those who insist on using them, I'd suggest that you check with your doctor first before taking them. When you get the green light, accept the fact that the fats won't go away overnight. Set a "realistic" goal to aim for and adopt a "realistic" workout and diet plan and do your best to stick to it. When I say "realistic", what I meant is that it has to be a plan that you can follow at your own pace at first, and then building up slowly on the foundation that you laid down.

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever had experimented with fat burners, you know that they promise the world but when time comes to delivering results, they often simply come up short.

The fat burners that do work contain drugs such as ephedrine and caffeine which are both powerful stimulants. Most of these supplement manufacturers take the HERBAL forms of these drugs so that they can market it as natural. It is vital that people understand that all herbs are PLANT-DERIVED DRUGS, without exception. Just because things are "natural" doesn't mean that they are natural to the body or that they are good and safe. The one thing that is certain is that every single drug in existence – whether "natural" or synthetic – will eventually cause complications if they are overused, misused, or abused – and that includes daily use for more than a few days or weeks.

The reality is that fat burners will work on the short-term, but they are not going to work in the long-term.

Fat burners have a diuretic effect which can lead to water loss and also suppresses your appetite by manipulating the brain neurotransmitters. They will also increase your heart rate. Headaches and tremors are some of the more intermediate side effects. On the extreme end, fat burners can cause strokes and even death. These does not happen everyday but for those persons with high blood pressure and heart problems, don’t mess around with fat burners. Fat burners are also very addictive. If taken for long periods of time, your body will become dependent on them so when you come-off of them, it creates energy loss and withdrawal symptoms.

• 6 months later...

I used to be a track athlete back in college whose competition weight was 120 lbs. That was more than a decade ago. I have since ballooned like a blimp after college.

Things got worse when after a medical checkup last Feb I found out that my weight was 210 lbs. Good God.

So just this May 3 I went on a diet and started exercising. For the first 2 weeks I was just walking. Then slowly, i introduced a little jog in between my walks. Now, I'm running more than walking, and in times when the weather isn't cooperative I do step aerobics and T.AE-Bo.

I weighed myself yesterday and found that I was 180 lbs. So from May 3 to June 17 (more or less 1.5 months), I have already lost 30 lbs. I'm targeting 155 lbs and I'm sure I'll reach it by the end of August or early September. I say this with confidence because I don't have an off day (I exercise everyday) and I only allow myself a no-guilt, eat-all-you-can meal once a week. I'm the sort of person who wants instant gratification and the only way I can achieve this is by becoming OA.

Now, the thing that helped me stave off the hunger pangs (which I admit drove me nuts during my first two weeks of dieting and exercise) is Goodliness which I bought from Chinatown last May 2. I take it twice a day, but I'll cut back to one pill a day when I reach 170.

I know Goodliness receives a lot of flack but, hey, it really works. I wouldn't say that it's a fat burner but it is definitely an appetite suppressant.

Edited by lovejones
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to be a track athlete back in college whose competition weight was 120 lbs. That was more than a decade ago. I have since ballooned like a blimp after college.

Things got worse when after a medical checkup last Feb I found out that my weight was 210 lbs. Good God.

So just this May 3 I went on a diet and started exercising. For the first 2 weeks I was just walking. Then slowly, i introduced a little jog in between my walks. Now, I'm running more than walking, and in times when the weather isn't cooperative I do step aerobics and T.AE-Bo.

I weighed myself yesterday and found that I was 180 lbs. So from May 3 to June 17 (more or less 1.5 months), I have already lost 30 lbs. I'm targeting 155 lbs and I'm sure I'll reach it by the end of August or early September. I say this with confidence because I don't have an off day (I exercise everyday) and I only allow myself a no-guilt, eat-all-you-can meal once a week. I'm the sort of person who wants instant gratification and the only way I can achieve this is by becoming OA.

Now, the thing that helped me stave off the hunger pangs (which I admit drove me nuts during my first two weeks of dieting and exercise) is Goodliness which I bought from Chinatown last May 2. I take it twice a day, but I'll cut back to one pill a day when I reach 170.

I know Goodliness receives a lot of flack but, hey, it really works. I wouldn't say that it's a fat burner but it is definitely an appetite suppressant.

Just weighed myself yesterday and I'm now 170 lbs. So from June 18 to July 11, I lost 10 lbs, bringing my total to 40 lbs lost since May 3, 2012. Though my target weight is 155 lbs, I'm pleasantly surprised that I can now comfortably wear my old clothes and pants that I have not worn since 2007 (I now exactly look the way I did in 2007). My waistline is now 33-34. This got me thinking if I should still pursue 155 lbs because I'm already happy with the way I look and feel. I can now run 1.5 hours non-stop at a reasonably fast pace and the farthest I've run so far is a little more than 14k when I jogged from Muzon (in Taytay Rizal)to Cardona, Rizal. This was a killer run because of the uphill climbs I had to endure. In times of inclement weather or just to shake things up, I do step aerobics for 30-35 minutes and do the advanced t.ae-bo workout (50 minutes). I haven't had an exercise rest day yet.

This brings me to the question if Goodliness works. Definitely yes because it helped me curb my appetite and lose 40 lbs of bacon (lol).

210 lbs

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7129/7554150342_4b767a40cd.jpg

170 lbs

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7073/7155800184_50e77edb15.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...