The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

mabagal talaga sa arangkada mx2007, ganyan din napansin ko, nakadikit na sa floor yung pedal bagal bumilis, automatic daw kasi.

eh bakit yung isa kong car innova, automatic din pero iiwanan yung lancer mx2007 ko, nung una ko ngang drive sa innova, nasanay ako sa lancer mx2007 na madiin tapak sa pedal, nauntog ako sa headrest ng innova kasi napaka responsive ang bilis humarurot.

maganda lang sa lancer mx2007 na napansin ko ay yung full ABS nya, ilang beses nako nasagip sa accidente lalo na sa wet roads

hey guys, i am seriously thinking of getting a mitsu montero. however, there is still one thing that is preventing me from doing so.

you see, the first ever car that i ever owned is an '88 (or is it '89) lancer. had so many problems with that baby up until i sold it 5 years after.

even after just a year, i had to change the muffler. in the latter years, i had to change it so often that muntik ko nang maging kumpare yung mekaniko sa pinapagawan ko ng tambutso.

i likewise had so many problems with the radiator that i eventually learned how to remove and replace one myself from just looking at how it was done.

and these were just two of the recurring ones. i've had numerous one off problems, too. so much so, that i've sworn not to buy mitsu again.

fast forward 20 years after, the appeal of getting a montero is making me rethink my position. kindly post your experience with your current mitsus, whether they be problematic or not.

mabagal talaga sa arangkada mx2007, ganyan din napansin ko, nakadikit na sa floor yung pedal bagal bumilis, automatic daw kasi.

eh bakit yung isa kong car innova, automatic din pero iiwanan yung lancer mx2007 ko, nung una ko ngang drive sa innova, nasanay ako sa lancer mx2007 na madiin tapak sa pedal, nauntog ako sa headrest ng innova kasi napaka responsive ang bilis humarurot.

maganda lang sa lancer mx2007 na napansin ko ay yung full ABS nya, ilang beses nako nasagip sa accidente lalo na sa wet roads

I'm not sure if these tips will help, but these are based on my exprerience with our 98 spacewagon (fuel injected with computer).

Try using higher octane fuel. I could feel the difference between 93 and 95 octane fuel.

The computer has a memory that stores how it will regulate the air/fuel mix as well as idling speed, which affects acceleration. Try removing the battery terminal for 5 minutes, then put it back on and drive FAST. This will make the computer "re-learn" how you drive and adjust to your driving style. Ask a serviceman if this is safe to do for your car before attempting, it might cause other things to reset since you have a more high-tech car.

Have the car serviced- check the spark plugs and air filter for cleanliness.

I get a little bit of performance improvements on the spacewagon with these. I'm not sure if they will work on a newer car.

+1 kay sir floppydrive try resetting the computer and use a different driving style. If youre really up to raising torque then do minor upgrades like changing to an aftermarket air filter like k&n's. Correct me if I am wrong but the 2007 MX already has INVECS right? even using it does not change the problem sa arangkada?

@kansky sir brand new or second hand yung box type nyo noon? What could have been the problem with the muffler that it always conks out on you? I would have understood if it was a problem with the engine but with the tail pipe hehehe baka naman po malubak sa inyo laging sumasabit. I've been driving a 17 year old pajero already a car that age syempre may mga problems na pero thankfully karamihan mga wear and tare lang. You do have to take care of it well rin regular change oils, grease pag napalusong sa baha and other kaekekan that my x thinks its just crazy. Just did the engines first overhaul a few months back and I did it not because of any problems just wanted it to be ready for a long trip I was planning. So all in all Im happy with my mitsu and my other mitsu before this one hehehe

hey guys, i am seriously thinking of getting a mitsu montero. however, there is still one thing that is preventing me from doing so.

you see, the first ever car that i ever owned is an '88 (or is it '89) lancer. had so many problems with that baby up until i sold it 5 years after.

even after just a year, i had to change the muffler. in the latter years, i had to change it so often that muntik ko nang maging kumpare yung mekaniko sa pinapagawan ko ng tambutso.

i likewise had so many problems with the radiator that i eventually learned how to remove and replace one myself from just looking at how it was done.

and these were just two of the recurring ones. i've had numerous one off problems, too. so much so, that i've sworn not to buy mitsu again.

fast forward 20 years after, the appeal of getting a montero is making me rethink my position. kindly post your experience with your current mitsus, whether they be problematic or not.

1989 is a transition year for the Lancer - the box type was on its way out and the newer front-wheel drive was just coming in. If you have the box type, the radiator design for these (and older rear-wheel drive mitsubishis) were realy not made for RP conditions. The newer cars didn't have these radiator problems anymore.

Over time, Mitsubishi cars have improved! I have a Spacewagon and a 95 Pajero. I have no intention of giving up the Pajero even if I get 6 to 10km/l on it. It's easy to maintain and it's very robust. Like Sir Alteclansing, maarte din ako sa maintenance - regular change oil and greasing, and I intentionally drive on 4-wheel drive regularly to make sure it still works. Most people who bought 4x4's but use it for city driving rarely enage it and end up with stuck-up components. Repairs are necessary and expensive. I just had the air-con serviced and I got a big bill. But that's really because the car has 2 evaporators and can't do much about it. Just prepare for it, I guess.

On a different note though, If you ask me now if I will buy a Mitsubishi, I would decline- not because of the vehicle but because of the dealer. Never again will I buy a car from Citimotors. It's been three years since they screwed me, and my blood still boils at the sight of their building.

thanks for your replies gentlemen. although there is something a bit unnerving in them- the part where someone mentioned that 'repairs are necessary and expensive'.

let me clarify that the lancer that i had was not a box type. here's a pic of the model i got first hand:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8/lancer90.jpg

the problem i encountered with the muffler was an inherent defect. i dont pass by rough roads nor do i frequent chronically flooded areas. sadyang inherent na sirain yung muffler niya. alam ko naman na hindi sadyang palitin ang mga muffler kasi our older cars' mufflers didn't need that much replacing. incidentally, both my parents bought new cars for themselves the same month they bought my car and their's didn't have the same problem as mine did. and i'm not just talking mufflers here. same goes with the radiator and others.

ngayon naman, i have been spoilt by the vehicles i've had since. mostly hondas and toyotas. i've never experienced any problem with them. immediately after the lancer, i had a civic esi. no problems until i sold it 6yrs and 120k kms after. at present, the vehicle i'm disposing is an '02 rav4 with 56k kms. nagdadalawang isip nga akong ibenta ito dahil wala talaga akong problema dito. wala pa akong pinaayos ni minsan. the only thing that is making me consider selling it is i want to dispose of it while it still has some value.

and that's how i want my vehicles- walang problema despite minimal maintenance. i'm not a spritely, single 20-something anymore. kung dati masipag akong pumunta ng banawe para maghanap ng piyesa at magayos ng sasakyan, ngayon tamad na ako sa ganyan.

and a word about diamond motors.. when i had the lancer, i brought it to this dealer along q ave for a change oil prior to a long trip. when i came back for it just prior to closing, i found out that they changed the brake pads without my consent and it reflected in the bill. being just an intern then (walang suweldo), exacto lang ang dala kong pera para sa change oil. sinabihan nila ako na balikan ko nalang ang sasakyan ko kinabukasan. pagka-sabi ko na may biyahe ako ng maaga kinabukasan, dali-dali binalik ang kotse ko sa loob (wala nang ibang tao besides sa service rep ko) at pinalitan ang bagong brake pads ng luma. ang problema, ang pinalit na brake pads ay mas pudpud pa- obviously hindi yung luma ko. resulta, hindi rin ako nakaalis.

Edited by kanski

@sir kanski o you had the singkit pala sorry to hear about your experience with a mitsu. Anyway yeah with the honda I would agree that it requires less maintenance. My sister got a city way back 97 and all she knows is put water on the radiator and she had minimal problems with it but still she loved driving my galant when she had the chance. Syempre power wise no comparison ang city sa galant. That mitsu was a fun drive. Anyway growing up with a dad who worshiped toyota ewan ko ba kung bakit mitsubishi ang first car ko, fell in love with it ever since.

One reason of knowing a mechanic that you can trust; gagawin lang nila pag nasabi na nila sa inyo. Plus with all the horror stories from friends and other forum sites wala talaga ako tiwala sa casa. Its not limited to mitsu dealers lang almost lahat meron kwento. Maserati at Porsche lang ata wala pa ako naririnig hehehe.

I'm not sure if these tips will help, but these are based on my exprerience with our 98 spacewagon (fuel injected with computer).

Try using higher octane fuel. I could feel the difference between 93 and 95 octane fuel.

The computer has a memory that stores how it will regulate the air/fuel mix as well as idling speed, which affects acceleration. Try removing the battery terminal for 5 minutes, then put it back on and drive FAST. This will make the computer "re-learn" how you drive and adjust to your driving style. Ask a serviceman if this is safe to do for your car before attempting, it might cause other things to reset since you have a more high-tech car.

Have the car serviced- check the spark plugs and air filter for cleanliness.

I get a little bit of performance improvements on the spacewagon with these. I'm not sure if they will work on a newer car.

Yung pinakamahal na Gasolina ng Shell ang gamit ko eversince kasi yun sabi sa casa.

Saka ko na tanggalin yung terminal kasi under warranty pa ng casa yung lancer ko hinuhulugan ko pa. Casa maintained pa ang Mx at nag complain na ako about sa diko gusto pero wala rin. Mas quicker lang talaga siguro sa acceleration ang Inova, nasanay lang ako

Inova nalang muna drive ko palagi sa asawa ko na lang yung Mx, kasi pag nasanay ako mag drive sa mx tapos biglang mag switch sa Inova, naninibago ako kasi automatic din inova at diesel pa pero grabe dapat very light lang ang tapak sa pedal, sabagay ang engine ng inova ay mas malaki pareho sa high lux pickup at hi ace van share sila.

Kaya lang baligtad sa lalake ms bagay yung sedan car at minivan sa babae, ok narin kasi di siya mabilis masyado mag drive. Maganda lang kasi sa Mx fully loaded siya, full leather, chromed dapat na chromed, full spoilers na sya at top of the line ang entertainment/video system, may airbags, HId, fog lamps at ABS sya.

3x(NLEX, SLEX, Coastal road) na ako naligtas ng ABS ng Mx sa Carambola na high speed collision, parang video game, nagbanggaan mga sasakyan sa harap ko, na steer away ko parin at wala man lang galos yung Mx, alam ko pag di ako naka abs brakes salpok din ako, grabe nag average siguro lahat ng vehicles invovled ng 80-100kms/hr sa collision. Full control pa rin ako sa MX, nakikita ko lumilipad mga side mirrors at tires!

@sir kanski o you had the singkit pala sorry to hear about your experience with a mitsu. Anyway yeah with the honda I would agree that it requires less maintenance. My sister got a city way back 97 and all she knows is put water on the radiator and she had minimal problems with it but still she loved driving my galant when she had the chance. Syempre power wise no comparison ang city sa galant. That mitsu was a fun drive. Anyway growing up with a dad who worshiped toyota ewan ko ba kung bakit mitsubishi ang first car ko, fell in love with it ever since.

One reason of knowing a mechanic that you can trust; gagawin lang nila pag nasabi na nila sa inyo. Plus with all the horror stories from friends and other forum sites wala talaga ako tiwala sa casa. Its not limited to mitsu dealers lang almost lahat meron kwento. Maserati at Porsche lang ata wala pa ako naririnig hehehe.

thanks for the reply altec. you'll probably be pleased to know that i made a d/p for a montero last week. hope i made the right decison esp when the vehicle i'm giving up has been a gem these past 7 years.

maybe you can recommend to me your mechanic so that instead of going to the casa, i'd just go to him in the future.

cheers.

wow congrats on the new car sir kanski. Sir there is rey sarol in san juan mitsubishi guru super dami lang nga nagpapagawa sa kanya kaya its advisable to be very early kung may papagawa. Mabait at madaling kausap yun. Not that you'll be needing his services any time soon hehehe.

sir, ask ko lang kung anong specialty ni mr. rey sarol, mitsubishi guru that you are talking about? interested po kse ako na ipatingin sa kanya ang lancer 97 ko.

general automotive sir from engine problems to suspension he is a miracle man. I PM'ed you his contact number just in case. Sa sobrang bait ng tao na ito you can describe your problem over the phone at kung kaya ka nya bigyan ng solution over the phone bibigay nya without charge. Dunno lang if it works with new customers rin hehehe. But anyway to help you out heres a wiki map http://wikimapia.org/9601420/tl/talyer-ni-raymond-sarol malapit siya sa dominican college. Hope he can help.

try visiting mitsulancerph.net or mymitsuph.com para sa walang katapusang papuri sa kanya hehehe.

hahaha +1 sir dyodyo well yung galant ko naman noon walang problema sa doors or windows pero yung pajero ko yep yun nga problem rin plus other friends with mitsus rin :blink:

Heheü

but i think this time nasolve na ng mitsu yung common challenge na yun..ü

hahaha +1 sir dyodyo well yung galant ko naman noon walang problema sa doors or windows pero yung pajero ko yep yun nga problem rin plus other friends with mitsus rin :blink:

Yep, sakit nga ng mitsubishi ito- from our L300 to the sedans and Pajero. Burned out motor or stuck up cable mechanism. Buti na lang maraming surplus parts pa. Sobrang mahal ng original parts at kadalasan wala ng stocks. Sa L200 pickup lang hindi namin na experience ito.

Where do you guys buy/order your accessories?

I have a mitsubishi strada 2009.

Thanks.

Banawe & Evangelista r d best places.. wag sa casa, mataas na prices limited pa mga choices.. wag ka din by order, mas ok dalhin mo mismo yung oto sa pwesto den dun ka mamili ng mga ok sayo..

For me Mags lng ng 22" (chrome, alloy, bronze or gun metal depends sa body color or taste mo) & HID lng 4 ur Strada kisig na nyan :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice driving experience now! umalis ako ng Megamall around 9:20pm, i arrived calamba 10:05pmü

Thanks to my Fieldmaster (4x4) 2.8L Diesel Engine!

Perfect ride! (newly replaced front shocks)Ü

wow hindi kayo naabutan ng traffic sa bicutan sir? Yang traffic sa ginagawang skyway kaya hindi muna ako pumapasyal ng tagaytay :thumbsdownsmiley:

got 3 mitsus (sedans) b4..

got a fieldmaster now..

1 common challenge w/ mitsus (base sa experience ko) their doors & windows (power or manual), laging 4 repair nun.. motor, cables, etc.

My first car was a '78 Toyota Corona. But since then, it has been Mitsubishi Lancer all the way. From an '85 box type GSR to a '94 GLXi. I even had an Eclipse at one point. And though I have since moved on to SUVs (Honda, not Mitsubishi unfortunately), I still keep my '01 GSR for color-coding days. However, I am now planning to give up my old CRV in favor of the new Montero.

Never been a big fan of Toyotas. I don't care much if their parts are available even at the neighborhood bakery. So far, my rides rarely last more than 5 years (exception yung '01 GSR because I've had it pimped out and I have a huge sweat equity in it already) for me to experience huge problems anyway. Besides, my impression of Toyotas are not very favorable---conservative, underpowered, kuripot sa features, poor customer service etc.

Pansin ko lang, the aftersales (casa) service of Mitsubishi QAve has dipped over the years and had lagged far behind Honda QAve. I heard somewhere that the best casa for Mitsubishi is the one in Libis? Anyone here who care to share their experiences?