The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

well, i can't really say I'm a fanatic... but I opted for this new 2009 Lancer GT when I did Car SHopping last week.. Kanina ko lang napickup after rust proofing, tint and all those other stuff... I wanted a Rally Red Color kaso 2 more weeks of waiting pa raw kaya I opted for an Octane Blue Color na lang...

a 2.0 L MIVEC 14 engine

It has a Rockford Fosgate Sound System.. - 9 speakers in seven location and 10 inch long subwoofer.

SIrius Satelleti Radio

Bluetooth cellular Phone Interface

7 airbags for safety..

Yun lang ang bigat sa bulsa...

Almost the same yun nakuha mo to what we have locally in Manila. We don't have lang the Sat Radio, Bluetooth Interface and Sunroof. But we have the RF system, same engine, same number of airbags. Advantage would be ours come with 18" wheels and projector hid headlights

Almost the same yun nakuha mo to what we have locally in Manila. We don't have lang the Sat Radio, Bluetooth Interface and Sunroof. But we have the RF system, same engine, same number of airbags. Advantage would be ours come with 18" wheels and projector hid headlights

This is a GT.. The 18 inch wheel comes with the Lancer GTS... and it also has the 2.4 mivec engine... oh yeah.. i like the sunroof...

Got my 1995 Mitsu Galant just a week ago for 95k as-is.

Not sure if its a Super Saloon or whatever.

But on the engine it says:

V6 DOHC 24V

Just spent 30k on undershassis repairs including engine overhaul and labor.

Mekaniko ni erpat sabi na sya rin ang gumawa na mahal daw labor ng galant.

Nagulat din ako dahil nag-full tank lang ako last week and after just 8 days of using it, almost empty na.

No regrets naman and I Love the Speed and the Power of the engine.

I'm thinking of trading it to a '95 Lancer GLXI or a Corolla big body but still thinking pa.

Guys please help me decide... would it be the CIVC 1.8V or the new top of the line CITY?

My budget is around P800K and these 2 fits my budget. Look-wise mukhang attractive ang CITY + its paddle shify feature. However, the Civic has a bigger engine, design is not bad either given its advanced digital console.

i have the 1.3a manual transmission (excluded in the topic). personally, with the looks (e.g. interior and exterior) and fuel efficiency of course i lean on the city. i impressed also with the civic's spacious interior, but i'd rather choose it all way around if you gonna dress her up. i came up with the "a" series coz i never like the integrated audio system of s and e series. it's not bad that you have kenwood 50wx4 equipped in your "a" series, hassle kasi integrated then sa kanila (honda) mo lang puwede ipagalaw or else your warranty in all you car's electrical system will be voided. how's it that you're zooming 150kph sipping 20kms/ liter at star tollway?anyway, i'll dress her up in june, di pa complete sa honda accessories and a little an arm and a leg pa.

I've had on several occasions ridden the Honda City (different owners / different models) and it gave me the impression that the car is prone to rattle. While the cars are relatively old, 2002-2005, I want to ask if this is a correct or wrong impression?

you mean rattling sound? got from what condition? surely when driving too much on rough road. simply, cars are not designed on very bumpy roads that everyone should be aware.

you mean rattling sound? got from what condition? surely when driving too much on rough road. simply, cars are not designed on very bumpy roads that everyone should be aware.

These 2 City's I've had the chance of riding in were bought brand new by their owners and were used primarily for city driving. Neither are the owners "spirited" drivers, those who would drive fast regardless of the road condition.

So my question was was it just a coincidence, riding 2 units of the same model, different year, yet hearing those rattling sounds in both? Or is it the inherent flaw of this model?

Yan talaga ang complaints sa Honda... malakas ang road noise. Hindi pa nila nasosolve yan... or siguro talagang di nila balak kapalan yung underchassis. Unlike sa Toyota, medyo makapal siguro kaya less noise.

Maganda lang sa Honda e maporma at fuel efficient. Toyota naman mas comfortable ang ride at handa sa streets ng manila. ;)

i own a 1.8 Civic and if your consideration is the gas consumption, well mine can run at 10 to 11 kms to a liter city drining which is not at all bad considering it's 1.8

that's right, in fact i recorded same figures running from makti to manila using manual transmission.

Yan talaga ang complaints sa Honda... malakas ang road noise. Hindi pa nila nasosolve yan... or siguro talagang di nila balak kapalan yung underchassis. Unlike sa Toyota, medyo makapal siguro kaya less noise.

Maganda lang sa Honda e maporma at fuel efficient. Toyota naman mas comfortable ang ride at handa sa streets ng manila. ;)

I've been planning to get a fuel efficient car, to sparingly use my gas guzzlers and your inputs are highly appreciated. Yes all the City owners I know claim the car is fuel efficient, except for my observation that it is a "noisy" car, I would have been 100% sold.

@vanillasky nice mean bad boy you got there!

@junryu ser naka mitsu ka na bat hahanap ka pa ng iba hehehe. Hindi ba VR yang sayo? As for fuel consumption nasa driving style yan chief, medyo gaan ng kaunti sa gas. I used to drive a 6th gen galant and it was really fuel efficient considering 2.0 yung makina. Tip lang try driving style ng nagtitipid, when your tach reaches 2000 rpm shift ka na by the 5th gear mga nasa 70 or 80 kph ka na nyan

@junryu ser naka mitsu ka na bat hahanap ka pa ng iba hehehe. Hindi ba VR yang sayo? As for fuel consumption nasa driving style yan chief, medyo gaan ng kaunti sa gas. I used to drive a 6th gen galant and it was really fuel efficient considering 2.0 yung makina. Tip lang try driving style ng nagtitipid, when your tach reaches 2000 rpm shift ka na by the 5th gear mga nasa 70 or 80 kph ka na nyan

VR nga sya. V6 engine nya.

Di ko na isa-swap paps.

Masyado ng malaki nagastos ko sa pagawa para pakawalan ko lang.

Thanks for the Tip paps!