The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

I saw a red Lancer in the showroom of Diamond Motors Quezon Ave. yesterday.

Looks cool and mean. :thumbsupsmiley:

The headlights reminded me of the old Galant, it really looks mean, while the tail lights looks sporty. :thumbsupsmiley:

The new Lancer has the potential to become no. 1 :thumbsupsmiley: in its class but the problem is their distribution. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Mitsu EVO fans (a newbie EVO 6 owner here) will be glad to know that despite Mitsubishi's not competing in the World Rally Championship, privateers continue to field EVOs in the Production WRC (P-WRC) class.

In the 2008 Acropolis Rally in Greece which is on its last day today, the top ten places were all taken by Mitsubishi EVO IXs. This is the toughest rally in the WRC calendar and although I am also a Subaru fan (2005 STi), and the new 2008 Impreza 2008 WRC is in 2nd place behind Loeb's Citroen, the Mitsu lock-out in the PWRC seems to be a greater achivement.

The third day of the rally starts at 0645 +5 GMT (11:45 a.m. in Manila) and I will be posting the stage times of the day's last and toughest 7 stages here as it happens.

Andreas Aigner of the Red Bull team in the leading PWRC car in Greece. Some pictures:

and the latest from WRC.com:

Mitsubishis lock-out P-WRC top 10

Mitsubishi made Production Car World Rally Championship history this afternoon, becoming the first manufacturer to fill the top 10 with its cars - and Austria's Andreas Aigner leads the charge into the final day.

Aigner's astonishing comeback from 17th position in Group N at lunchtime yesterday was completed when he became the chief beneficiary of Juho Hanninen's troubles on the second run through Aghii Theodori. Hanninen had returned to the lead on the third stage of the day, but the glory didn't last long. The Finn suffered power steering problems and retired in SS11.

Aigner said: "After my problems yesterday, I thought it might be possible to get back to the podium. Possible. But now I'm leading. It just shows what an incredible rally this is. I've managed to find a good pace which I'm comfortable driving at. Okay, we are slowing down for the really rough sections - of which there were so many this afternoon - but I'm in a groove with the speed. It's good. And the car is working really well, we've had absolutely no problems with it at all."

The afternoon was awash with wild stories of drivers losing minutes in the stages, but managing to retain some sensational positions on this toughest Production round of the season. Mirco Baldacci was one such driver. The San Marino man clouted one of the many rocks in SS11 to break the front-left damper on his Lancer Evolution. Backing off, he made it through the next two stages, dropping two minutes, but he remained in the provisional runners-up spot ahead of the final day.

If Baldacci suffers the same trouble through tomorrow's final seven stages of the rally, he's well aware that he'll have a handful of Mitsubishi drivers breathing down his neck for the second place. Despite this being one of the toughest rounds of the series, there is still an engaging and amazing battle going on with five drivers separated by just over a minute squabbling over second.

Bernardo Sousa holds an overnight third, despite suffering rear differential failure in his Lancer on the final stage. Estonian Martin Rauam is 6.5 seconds adrift of the Portuguese, while Fumio Nutahara is another eight seconds behind Rauam. Armindo Araujo is another driver with aspirations of climbing the leaderboard from an overnight sixth in P-WRC.

Rauam's car was suffering from fuel starvation problems and Nutahara was set for a gearbox change at service tonight. Nutahara's co-driver Daniel Barritt said: "It's an amazing fight for P-WRC, but at the same time, you don't really want to go into tomorrow needing to go flat-out and risking everything for position. But that's the way it's going to be..."

wuhoo! :thumbsupsmiley:

a very nice ride... very far from its predecessors... and it comes equipped with a 4G63 stock... :D

It's a brand new engine called the 4B11 which can do 155 hp and do 198 nm of torque. The old but reliable 4G63 is in the lower variant of Lancer (yung previous gen na binebenta pa rin ngayon) na pantapat nila sa City and Vios(yung price rin mura).

Ang ganda talaga ng bagong Lancer pero medyo mahal nga lang(pero out of stock na raw yung mga higher variants nila puro MX trim na lang yung natitira) ngunit sulit naman.