6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

If I remember last year's draft, it was scheduled on a weekend, either around 10 a.m. or early afternoon. Perhaps Bubuy can still remember since he woke up very early pa nga para makasali lang sa draft.

As for trading draft picks, I have heard variations of the idea but exactly how do you propose it to be?

My rookie pick is Brandon Roy:-) Shhhhh.....

commish it was 9am mnl time (4am riyadh) kaya di ako present. dun ako sa baseball gumising ng maaga. :D

i have an idea on how to trade draft picks DURING the draft, but i am still working on the kinks of it. quite tricky. ;)

^you had a winning formula already last year boss, why change it? hehehe

I'm excited by the idea a computer picks for me as I only have to input my preferences. It's fun to see which players I get with a pre-set player rankings and the computer really deciding which is the best player available for me in the pool. I draft by best player available, not what I need... hehehe

Nga pala, like last year ba ang vetoing of trades? The league votes pa rin? The other option is to leave it up to me to decide. Im sure you guys dont want that, ha ha. In my other leagues though, my friends trust me enough to decide pero actually ayaw ko talaga ng "commissioner votes" kasi may mga sarili din akong mga biases at paningin sa mga players. Tsaka sakit ng ulo, nagkakapersonalan pa minsan. Kaya league votes pa rin tayo, hehe.

As early as now though, I want to propose a maximum number of waiver moves for the entire season (say 50 or 60? ang dami na nga nito eh)to prevent the practice of adding/dropping players at whim just to win a particular match-up. Nakakapikon kasi yung ganun eh, sa totoo lang. Note that the champion team last year had the fewest number of waiver moves. He kept his team almost intact the entire season. Mas nakakabilib pag ganun. Kung may player movements man, through trades at hindi yung walang pakundangan na pag add and drop. This is with due respect to all ha, tutal last year pa naman yun:-)

i have an idea too on how we can compromise on this. :D

you set the league to commisioner decides, then each one of us who will vote NEED to post sa thread. 50% votes will veto the trade (so pag 14 tayo, 7 NO votes vetoes the trade).

although it might take some time for the trade to push through, at least we get to minimize the veto machinery. :) my two cents.

as for the max moves, ive already proposed 60-65. that is already an average of 3.xx moves per week.

we cut down the bench players from 4 to 3. to give way to the additional two GMs and so not to dilute the FA pool, in case of injuries :P

dapat may minutes tayo, so may record tayo ng napaguusapan eh. hehe.

main talking points:

1. draft sched

2. veto setting

3. max moves

4. trade deadline

1. Sked - ok ang weekend early morning or weekday late nite.

2. Veto - baka pwede itong i-adjust para maging mas fair at mas maengganyo ang pagpapalitan ng manlalaro.

3. Max moves - hindi ko sure kung ano ang fair na number kasi syempre kasama ako sa guilty parties kasi yung koponan ko ay binagyo at binayo din naman ng sangkatutak na injury kaya naka 100+ moves ako for the season.

4. Trade Deadline - same as NBA trade deadline?

you set the league to commisioner decides, then each one of us who will vote NEED to post sa thread. 50% votes will veto the trade (so pag 14 tayo, 7 NO votes vetoes the trade).

although it might take some time for the trade to push through, at least we get to minimize the veto machinery. :) my two cents.

This is quite interesting. ALL GMs should at least login every 2 or 3 days for this to work. But still better than blind voting.

As for the trade deadline maybe a week or two after the NBA deadline? Just so we can get a feel for what are the effects of the NBA trades in fantasyball. :D

my proposal for the veto setting is really the best compromise i could think of. there was a barrage of vetoed trades recently in fantasy baseball and we sure don't want that to spill over to fantasy basketball.

maybe there are other proposals on the veto setting? :unsure:

For the nth time, we won't be using keeper's.

None of the big boys want it, so the league format stays as is.

For the apps, pls do some backreading.

Nothing can be more annoying than batting an issue around that's long been dead.

n bring ko ko lng po as s last page may ng mention ng keeper league.

ung s draft pick trades, u can do it by discussion before the draft starts. as the live draft has a chat function and draft positions is determine around an hour before the draft, trading of picks can be discussed there or better yet maybe through another program like ym. this is for the discussion between the players. Once two parties agrees on a particluar trade, pwede post un s liev draft chat para i veto ng others. Draft trade picks must be decided before live draft starts. no more trading of picks when the draft starts. kung ok, player A tells player B who he wants to pick for the paticular traded draft poistion and B to A who to pick, vice versa.

i think this is a great proposal.

Hmm... napaisip ako sa proposal mo pare sa vetoing/approval ng trades. What will be crucial to that kind of set up is the number of days within which a trade has to be approved or vetoed.

proposal ko is that to just set dates when the commisioner would be able approve the trade. this set-up can be used in addition to sir bubuy's proposal on how to handle trades. maybe one date (e.g. Sunday) or two dates(e.g. Sunday and Wednesday) for each week> this would be something like a waiver pick-up deadline implemented by yahoo. So all veto votes should be in before this day. IF kulang s veto votes, s nxt set day n (e.g.Sunday postponed to Wed due to kulang s votes) dedecide kung tuloy ang trade.

Edited by wek1012
1. Sked - ok ang weekend early morning or weekday late nite.

2. Veto - baka pwede itong i-adjust para maging mas fair at mas maengganyo ang pagpapalitan ng manlalaro.

3. Max moves - hindi ko sure kung ano ang fair na number kasi syempre kasama ako sa guilty parties kasi yung koponan ko ay binagyo at binayo din naman ng sangkatutak na injury kaya naka 100+ moves ako for the season.

4. Trade Deadline - same as NBA trade deadline?

I vote the same as g_o_g did, I have almost the exact sentiments...

that is obvious. :P

just by reading the NBA thread, i know who are the preferences of each. :evil:

I will still go for LeBron if I will get the #1 overall pick again... :D

main talking points:

1. draft sched - anytime, like bro cheese pre rankings pa rin ako...

2. veto setting - ok yun, commish will approve the trades but post natin kung ok tayo sa deal or not, we can post here sa mtc or kahit dun sa league posts... para alam natin kung sino yung nag-veto nung trades and pwede explain why...

3. max moves - 70 - 80 moves will be fine, sa dami ng teams natin, baka wala na ring available na players sa FA

4. trade deadline - ok yung suggestion ni jumpman, 2 weeks after the nba deadline para yung mga players na biglang na-trade then nabangko, pwede rin natin ma-trade.... :)

main talking points:

1. draft sched=sana weekend kung October gagawin.. September, anytime.

2. veto setting= agree with wek.. klangan set DL kung agree or disagree with trade.

3. max moves= 50-60... baka ma-injure drafted players.

4. trade deadline= NBA DL

pwede ko ba dagdag #5?

5. Main league/D-league aspirants... Klan ba malalaman kung approved ang application? :)

Thanks!

Edited by fatso8

as requested:

NBA:

1. bret_hart

2. gwapogi

3. bubuy

4. ayasadai

5. Cali!

6. cheeselogger

7. agentjackbauer +

8. g0g

9. chad_moneyshot

10. hoopburners *

11. PBP *

12. teio *

13. joshiasi *

14. consiglieri *

D-League

1. jumpman23 *

2. Ankiseth *

3. wek1012 *

4. fatso8 *

5. killerlooks *

6. R@mpaging_Veggie *

7. Gerald04 *

+ League Commissioner

* probation

Disclaimer :

1. nothing is final on this list, specially those with * which can interchange from NBA to D-League and vice versa.

2. i am not the sole person who will decide on who will go to which league. :P