Is Bryan your boss? shhhh

I work for citiseconline.com as a HK equities trader. I don't Philippine market but since every morning we get briefings in the philippine and hongkong markets. Also , I hear techie reports also. 3 weeks palng me sa job na ito kaya medyo sablay parin ang techie ko. magvivirtual trading kami next week for it. 3 weeks din ang theory part ka kelangan kong aralin. :D

@magnus

You also use Bpitrade?? I also use the same, kaya lang this days they disallow transaction pag non trading hours.

waaa stock right now is very very static, i dont expect that market will drop last friday, I even dont know why the market drop that fast.

yup bpi trade gamit ko. disallowed na ba? hmmm

@magnus

You also use Bpitrade?? I also use the same, kaya lang this days they disallow transaction pag non trading hours.

i do :) study technical analysis and you will understand why it moves that way and what its future movements... but it still won't guarantee you can beat the market

waaa stock right now is very very static, i dont expect that market will drop last friday, I even dont know why the market drop that fast.

For all of you here who are holding International Exchange Bank (IBNK) shares, please get in touch with your brokers. There is an early payment being offered by UBP for IBNK shares. UBP is buying IBNK at 42.50 pesos per share. The official tender offer will be made in a couple of weeks. However, a couple of brokers, namely Wealth Securities and Campos-Lanuza and Co., Inc. will be selling their IBNK shares by next week. So, if you want to get your money earlier, talk to your brokers. There will be no difference in price whether you sell your shares now or later, the only difference will be when you get paid.

best time to take positions.

grabe i was warning about the mining stocks... worth the risk pero careful of spikes...and yun na nga nangyari tsk tsk tsk

anyway the rally will be shallow. balik down na naman it after a couple of days. but i hope i am wrong coz i have a lot of positions right now. tsk tsk tsk

Market seems on the way to recovery  :)

Patience lang daw as advised by Warren Buffett  :)

the best stock market website pa rin ang Finance Manila, eight years na sila, and ginagaya na nag iba. they even beat technistock and all the others kasi free and marurunong mga tao duon. i get my pang gimick money and extra cash by just following the gurus. mahirap na to trust ng iba, parang blind leading the blind. mga portfolio nila duon kakatakot!

they even have live quotes for u.s. dollar/peso rate, forex rates, oil, gold, pse index, etc. in their other page at Finance Manila Markets

itaas lang natin ...may konting ipon for an IPO ...

I remember 2-3 years ago when Henry Sy decided to go for IPO on his Banco de Oro .. I think the price per share is only around Php 12 and now it's Php 26 (kindly correct me if figures are wrong) ... 2X na sana investment ko if I decided to go for BDO .. tsk tsk sayang!

problem with IPOs is that you don't have historical data. hence its hard to predict if it well perform well or not.

example is SM almost more than a year ago na. offer price is 250. price nya went down to 200 and now its 224. thats about 10% loss. and considering SM malls are sprouting like mushrooms

itaas lang natin ...may konting ipon for an IPO ...

I remember 2-3 years ago when Henry Sy decided to go for IPO on his Banco de Oro .. I think the price per share is only around Php 12 and now it's Php 26 (kindly correct me if figures are wrong) ... 2X na sana investment ko if I decided to go for BDO .. tsk tsk sayang!

There is currently an IPO being offered in the market right now: CitisecOnline.com, Inc. Price range is from 1 to 1.50 pesos. I don't know yet if it is a good buy since I am not done reading the prospectus they sent me.

Now, for the retail investor, IPO's are very much a hit-or-miss affair. As has been previously stated, there is no price history so it is often quite difficut to gauge how good a new issue is. However, here are some things that I have learned.

First, always check the company's earnings. Especially for the 2 years before their IPO. This is because many companies will try to "spruce" up their figures before they go public. Think of it as person going on a hot date. Of course they will put their best foot forward. I tend to view with skepticism, companies whose incomes skyrocket just before they go public. I mean, if they were really earning so much and if it were really sustainable, why go public?

Second, check the company's capital history. By this I mean check to see if the company declared stocks/cash dividends right before the offer. Doing either of the two is bad in my book as it usually indicates that the insiders are gutting the company before they offer it to the public.

Third, gauge how strongly brokers are selling the issue. Remember, before it gets offered to the retail level, there are already commitments on the institutional level. So, a large supply on the retail level could indicate disinterest from the big institutions and that is always trouble.

Last, if you do buy, have a clear exit strategy in mind. By this I mean you should have a good idea of where you want to cut losses or take profits. Also, keep in mind that the insiders have a six month lock-up so most IPOs will suffer a dip once the insiders are allowed to sell.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Quoted from www.pse.com.ph

ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation

Sgt. Esguerra Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines

June 21, 2006

To: Jurisita M. Quintos Tel No. :(632) 688-7600

Senior Vice President Fax No.:(632) 636-0809

Philippine Stock Exchange

From: Geronimo C. Estacio Tel No. : (632) 924-4101 loc.4330

Finance Officer in Charge Fax No.: (632) 431-9368

Subject: Response to BusinessWorld article re “ABS-CBN expects ad sales to reach

P1.0 billion in June”

Gentlemen:

In reference to the article on BusinessWorld entitled “ABS-CBN expects ad sales to reach P1.0 billion in June”, we would like to clarify the details you have quoted:

“ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp. expects to breach the P1 billion mark in advertising sales for the second consecutive month this month. ABS-CBN chief executive Eugenio L. Lopez III said the positive performance for the past months could be indicative of a better year for the company. “I think we will be way over last year. We hit over P1 billion in May for TV revenues. June, I think, will also hit P1 billion,” Mr. Lopez told Businessworld.

This is to confirm that consolidated gross airtime revenues for the month of May reached P1.0 billion. Furthermore, we would like to confirm that airtime revenues for the month of June are so far trending towards P1.0 billion. Note, however, that these are just estimates based on the revenue performance to date.

Please be guided accordingly.

Respectfully yours,

Geronimo C. Estacio Lyra C. Fajarit

Finance Officer in Charge Investor Relations Manager

Edited by civilcode

abs stock looks good. kaso mukhang maliit lang ang upside sa short term. long term it could reach higher than 20. but somehow i got a funny feeling not to trust this too much :)

Quoted from www.pse.com.ph

ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation

Sgt. Esguerra Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines

June 21, 2006

To: Jurisita M. Quintos Tel No. :(632) 688-7600

Senior Vice President Fax No.:(632) 636-0809

Philippine Stock Exchange

From: Geronimo C. Estacio Tel No. : (632) 924-4101 loc.4330

Finance Officer in Charge Fax No.: (632) 431-9368

Subject: Response to BusinessWorld article re “ABS-CBN expects ad sales to reach

P1.0 billion in June”

Gentlemen:

In reference to the article on BusinessWorld entitled “ABS-CBN expects ad sales to reach P1.0 billion in June”, we would like to clarify the details you have quoted:

“ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp. expects to breach the P1 billion mark in advertising sales for the second consecutive month this month. ABS-CBN chief executive Eugenio L. Lopez III said the positive performance for the past months could be indicative of a better year for the company. “I think we will be way over last year. We hit over P1 billion in May for TV revenues. June, I think, will also hit P1 billion,” Mr. Lopez told Businessworld.

This is to confirm that consolidated gross airtime revenues for the month of May reached P1.0 billion. Furthermore, we would like to confirm that airtime revenues for the month of June are so far trending towards P1.0 billion. Note, however, that these are just estimates based on the revenue performance to date.

Please be guided accordingly.

Respectfully yours,

Geronimo C. Estacio Lyra C. Fajarit

Finance Officer in Charge Investor Relations Manager

Good day all,

If you have any questions or conerns regarding stocks, UITFs, Mutual Funds, Pre-Need plans and Insurance products, Asenso Pinoy of ABC-5 will be holding a seminar this Sunday at the Mega Trade Hall of SM from 4 to 6 pm.

So after you watch the Pacquiao match, try and drop by

Admission is free.

sorry for the late reply. kakatamad mag analyze if pabagsak stock market eh. di kasi pwede mag short sell.

anyway i assume you are a medium to short term trader.

if short term lang hawak mo sell as close 36 as you can. but be quick to buy it back since it seems to be trending up for the short term.

for the medium term halos trade the ranges, meaning buy low and sell high.long term sideways ang galaw ng stock eh.

hello!how about PNB?buy or sell