Unless one is a newbie, stick to good stocks that you make a little but can sleep at night. Once you have gotten hands and feet wet and you have enough gambling money to spare, then go for what is the flavor of the day. Unfortunately, unless you are "in" you dont know what is the flavor of the day until price moves. Those that knew yesterday and the day before had come in cheaper and looking to sell.

Atlas is a safe buy as their funding needed to operate the Carmen Copper mine in Toledo, Cebu is jut about all wrapped up. This means that production is assured by end of the year, worst early next year. People are looking at 2008 income already and the stock will more than double by then.

If I am allowed to share my thoughts.

Price movements on penny stock of late has been more on pure speculation. Nothing really happening, someone smart and his group just thought moving the price a notch or two or three higher is good. Then spread rumours about this and that. Then the market goes into a frenzy. You can make money in two cases: one if you sell at a profit, before it drops. Or if the price sticks. Market and stock fundamentals have taken a back seat on penny stock, so just be careful. Many have made money on this and you will in a bull market but when the bears come ( hopefully then dont for the next 2 to 3 years), it can be a pain. Many of the market players now are young kids with tons of money. They have not seen the 1997 correction as some have had. They think they can walk on water, not every one can. I only of one who did.

On UW, in my view, just a market play. Most of the stores have been closed or sold. The banks and the company have not settled and the brand name UW is gone. So why go up? More buyers than sellers at this time. Maraming ipit na naghihintay.

A piece of advise for newbies on investing in the stock market. It is always a good start to read a good book on it.

A book by Ackerman is a good beginners book. I think it is available at the PSE. Start the process correctly.

For those greatly interested in it, it can be very very profitable being an agent specially during these time.

I know of quite a few making Pesos 500,000 monthly and I am talking almost every month for the last 6 to 12 months. Beats call center job and it is a half day event.

A piece of advise for newbies on investing in the stock market. It is always a good start to read a good book on it.

A book by Ackerman is a good beginners book. I think it is available at the PSE. Start the process correctly.

For those greatly interested in it, it can be very very profitable being an agent specially during these time.

I know of quite a few making Pesos 500,000 monthly and I am talking almost every month for the last 6 to 12 months. Beats call center job and it is a half day event.

what is PSE and where located???

500th a month?? whoaa that's a lot of money.. And how much bah investment niya? baka nasa milyones naman..

Unless one is a newbie, stick to good stocks that you make a little but can sleep at night. Once you have gotten hands and feet wet and you have enough gambling money to spare, then go for what is the flavor of the day. Unfortunately, unless you are "in" you dont know what is the flavor of the day until price moves. Those that knew yesterday and the day before had come in cheaper and looking to sell.

Atlas is a safe buy as their funding needed to operate the Carmen Copper mine in Toledo, Cebu is jut about all wrapped up. This means that production is assured by end of the year, worst early next year. People are looking at 2008 income already and the stock will more than double by then.

Hard to sleep when you're holding stuff like Balabac, Sino, EVER, BSC... :) But these are the stocks that can double your money in month. Or halve it.

ATR was unloading AT today. They bought it up from P11 to P15...unloded to P14, then from P17.50 to P19.50... It's someone's else's turn now....

guys newbie here. after buying shares automatic ba na makakakuha ka ng stock certificate or do we need to ask for it pa from your broker? bought shares the other day. I received purchase confirmation and issued a check. got a receipt. What else should I wait for?

Just hold on to your invoices and receipts. Everything's electronic now. Unless you plan to hold it for over a year, no need to request for an actual certificate. Your ownership will be reported by your broker to the distributing agent usually one of the big banks like BDO, RCBC. You're entitled to all the dividends and stock rights. And voting rights, just tell your broker you plan to exercise those rights. If you check the quarterly 100 top owners report of the company, your ownership will be lumped into PDC Nominee (Filipino) or (Non-Filipino).

ako i sold all of my GEO to buy the APO stocks at 1.80 to augment the apo i've been holding.

so far, so good naman apo. mostly wait and see muna geo. baka tumaas because of the surge in world gold prices by the end of the month (demand is pretty low kasi wala na masyado nagbibigay ng gold especially during weddings). wag mo lang hawakan by june kasi central banks all over the world will be unloading their gold reserves (the next one will be in november) kaya unload mo na lang before that happens. or if you want, wait for diwali (yung parang christmas ng mga indians) kasi madami nagpapakasal na bumbay sa month na ito and it will drive the world prices (and demand) for gold to the highs.

cheers and may the stockmarket gods smile on us today!

Interesting insights. Actually, my take is that GEO has a direction of its own as a new mining stock. The ones that actually produce gold like PX, LC, UPM, APX and AT will be directly affected. PX though is more affected by copper price and development in its Mindanao mines. AT also by copper and nickel mine development. GEO i think is focusing on nickel laterites, same with APC, MHI, VUL, DMC, MAC, but they have their own price directions bec they still in the exploration stages.

The question is... will many GEO rights subscribers dump their new stocks tom? The price has been adjusted already on the ex-date though...

Ok ngayon lang ako naka pasok ulit sa MTC and i'm writing this reply while under the influence of Absolute Kurant with Sprite and viewing the PSP pic gallery... so take my advice at your own risk...

GEO will still go up. it will be wise to get in at somewhere near 2. just be aware that if the price goes below 2, sell and cut your losses.

LOTO, just hold on to it... it will go up

NRCP - looking ok. you can either wait... i think this will go up or if you want to make money in its short term movement you "trade the range" -- meaning buy when its at its low (somewhere around 4.3 and below) and sell at its high (4.5 to 4.55)

For this coming week... i think the Phisix will go down to maybe the level of 3400 support... hopefully, that support will hold and then we can expect the phisix to continue with its uptrend....

Disclosure

last friday i sold SM for a +- 20% profit. i have been holding on to it for about 5 months. hopefully it will go down and i'll be able to buy it back before it continues with its uptrend. i tried to unsuccessfully sell my VUL at 1.52 but it didn't match.

I'm still holding on to my 60 shares of TEL as it is for long term investment although i am very much tempted to sell it and buy it back at lower prices

DGTL sucks big time!!!

BTW, my opinions are based on technical analysis... Good luck guys!

Edited by magnus
Any new stock tips from the masters? :)

Stock tips I heard from the "masters":

Accord Capital:

Get BSC and APO tom. MHI target P25, GEO target P3, but will be unpredictable tom, pang-in and out lang, don't hold for long term. AT will recover a little tom after correction oversell today.

Ansaldo:

LND P1, hold sa LOTO, APC, SINO "parang GEO".

Abacus:

AT will probably rise to 18.50 tom on $100M Deutse Bank loan disclosure, but Carmen production moved to 1Q 2008. Will not rise anymore until July. AT claims Berong is 4th largest nickel laterite mine in the world. 900,000 tons target nickel ore production by year end. Fully priced at P18.50.

MERALCO long term P153 about equal to book value

IPVG P10 (Yeah, right...)

Angping:

Buy my stocks GEO, MHI, MIC, RLT, sell your APC

Deutse:

Meralco P100

Citiseconline.com and Philstocks.ph:

Citisec: RLC P30, FPH P99, FGEN P77, SMPH P13, GLO P1450, EDC P6.80 sell ABS, ICT

CKP168:

Typhoon "M"HI!, GEO!, MIC!, IPVG.

Asiasec:

Yung mga bumaba - AT, MEG and growth COAT

Regina:

LOTO, ALI, AC, BHI, AT

Hard to know which one is true for sure.

Stock tips I heard from the "masters":

Ansaldo:

hold sa LOTO, APC, SINO "parang GEO".

Citisec: RLC P30, FPH P99, FGEN P77, SMPH P13, GLO P1450, EDC P6.80 sell ABS, ICT

CKP168:

Typhoon "M"HI!, GEO!, MIC!, IPVG.

Asiasec:

Yung mga bumaba - AT, MEG and growth COAT

Regina:

LOTO, ALI, AC, BHI, AT

Hard to know which one is true for sure.

Ano ba daw TP ng LOTO, APC? I'm tempted to sell! :lol:

SINO just bought kanina. Talo pa nga e! :cry: Ano rin TP ang balita dito? : :blush:

Holding on to MEG shares as well. Bwisit na P4 yan!!! <_<

Angping:

Buy my stocks GEO, MHI, MIC, RLT, sell your APC

Ito nakakatakot. I'm holding on to my APC stock. But prime mover si JAP diba?

sir jazzy,

this is part of an article I wrote for Absolute Traders. Here is the link:

http://www.absolutetraders.com/content/view/135/1/

While I have no complaints how part of the article was published here in MTC, i would have wished it was properly and accurately attributed.

Anyway, we offer Basic Technical Analysis seminars to interested stock market investors. you may email info@absolutetraders.com for more details.

Sir,

May I know the exact title of the book? I am about to start my Stocks Trading career as I have opened an online account already. But you are right, I should read a good book before starting bigtimee.

Thanks!

Mining stocks have more rises than falls on the index and performance wise these have been the flavor of the quarter:

GEO

AT

PX

APC (recently)

APX

MHI

Second Liners:

VUL

OV

UPM

What would be the deal mining portfolio for the 3rd quarter? Any tips? :thumbsupsmiley:

stock experts, what amount do you consider a minimum investment for a four to five figure profit?

I can't say that I'm an expert since I'm new at stocks as well. But one thing I've learned is that the bigger the capital the greater the profit! It sometimes depends on how lucky you are. You could make 10k a day if you've made the correct stock pick.

I know of someone who bought stocks amounting to P50k total, bought it at around 930 am & sold it at 1130am. Made around 9k++ excluding the commission & taxes.

on a 5 digit return I think you need a 6 digit to earn that and the stock must go up by 10%. yesterday I buy 6 million share of WEB @0.049 today it go up to 0.0575 with a 17% up. or at more than 50k profit. but it can go either way just need correct info and study the market.

Edited by tombone

jazzy,

that's too bad. hope you won't get discouraged from investing in the market. it can be done, other people can do it.

hitomi,

i look at profits more from a percentage point of view. if i can make 10 percent on a single trade, i'll be happy. i keep my minimum target to 35 percent profit in a year. some people have higher targets, like 50 or even 100 percent. and they manage to achieve that. syempre, the right info and education helps.