Guitar Talk

• 3 weeks later...

i think i saw thier shop in sm fairview. are they really selling authentic gibby and epi guitars? mahirap na since nowadays nagkalat ang china copies

Crescendo is the authorized Philippine dealer for Epiphone http://www.epiphone.com/Support/Dealers.aspx?mappath=/Support/Dealers/Asia/Philippines. Crescendo also carries Gibson. Definitely no fakes here.

Epiphone guitars are now exclusively made in China at Gibson/Epiphone owned factory in Qingdao.

Edited by stormrider

I think I'd still prefer getting Epiphones/Gibsons from Lazer or rmansh of philmusic

I saw the Epiphones sold at Lazer a couple of months ago, but the models are limited to the entry-level models (no Gibsons) but I found them overpriced compared to Crescendo's prices. They're probably just finishing up their remaining stocks kasi Crescendo took over. If you read Philmusic thread, there's this observation that Lazer's prices are really overpriced compared to Crescendo.

I did get to check out a Crescendo store recently and they do have more models available for both Epiphone and Gibson and the prices seems OK.

Another source for Epiphone is that I learned from Philmusic is Guitar Pusher. They're cheaper than Crescendo http://www.facebook.com/guitarpusher.

I think I'd still prefer getting Epiphones/Gibsons from Lazer or rmansh of philmusic

I saw the Epiphones sold at Lazer a couple of months ago, but the models are limited to the entry-level models (no Gibsons) but I found them overpriced compared to Crescendo's prices. They're probably just finishing up their remaining stocks kasi Crescendo took over. If you read Philmusic thread, there's this observation that Lazer's prices are really overpriced compared to Crescendo.

I did get to check out a Crescendo store recently and they do have more models available for both Epiphone and Gibson and the prices seems OK.

I also learned from Philmusic that Guitar Pusher http://www.facebook.com/guitarpusher is another source for Epiphones. They're cheaper than Crescendo .

• 3 weeks later...

hello fellow guitar players!! meron na ba sa inyong nakasubok gamitin ung esp te series? astig ung worn out look nya pero maganda ba ung tunog?

The distressed series, like the others, are great at aesthetics lang naman yung mukhang kupas dun pero in terms of electronics and hardware bago paren mga yun. As for the sound ok sya, although yung na try ko yung ST series.

• 4 weeks later...

The distressed series, like the others, are great at aesthetics lang naman yung mukhang kupas dun pero in terms of electronics and hardware bago paren mga yun. As for the sound ok sya, although yung na try ko yung ST series.

thanks sa reply bro... napanood ko nga sa youtube.. ok talaga sound nya, kaso hirap hanapin sa mga music stores

• 3 weeks later...

help please. anyone can recommend where to get and what brand to buy. my son looking for a stratocaster (tama ba?) and a good amp to go with it.

what brands have good sound and are matibay? please post or pm me. thanks

What's your max. budget for the guitar? For the amp?

How old is your son?

What type of music does he want to play?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MTC guitaristas!

I'm really happy to see this thread. I've been playing guitar since high school, tamang tipa lang talaga wala kasi akong alam sa technicality ng music.

Pag dating naman sa gamit, I'm also a noob. My gears: Fender Strat, Zoom 505 (yes, the old variant) and Roland Cube 15X. I hope I can find some tips on how to learn how to play guitar properly.

Cheers! biggrin.gif