Guitar Talk

Guest oblong420

im looking for a guitar amp, if you know any pls. pm me brand/model and contact info, thanks

specs desired:

- tube amp or modelling amp

- preferably 2 x 10"/12" speakers

- 30-60w

- non marshalls pls.

thanks!

im looking for a guitar amp, if you know any pls. pm me brand/model and contact info, thanks

specs desired:

- tube amp or modelling amp

- preferably 2 x 10"/12" speakers

- 30-60w

- non marshalls pls.

thanks!

Sayang... Kakabenta ko lang ng Mesa Boogie ko.

Tube, 80 watts, 2 x 10'/12' speakers and for only 2500php.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hello, i've been playing guitar since 1998, i'm a bass player before (still am). i'm into lots of different music from abba to zappa and some in between. i'd like to share some info that has been passed on to me by other experienced players that have really helped me improve (or so i'd like to think).

1. A tuner helps when you are just starting out and have no handle on relative tuning yet.

2. Always do warm-up exercises before practice/gig, there is definitely a truism in this cliche.

3. Practice with a metronome, and learn where the "uno" is and where it will be.

4. Use thicker picks and develop a heavy string attack so that it will be easier to backtrack to a softer attack if needed

5. When practicing scales, focus on note clarity rather than speed, when practicing chords, focus on timing and transition. there are lots of other ways to voice a chord and knowing different neck positions for chord voicing is important for those with shorter fingers (like me)

6. lastly, most guitar techniques (at least for rock and roll) rely upon muscle memory, which is in turn, conditioned by REPETITION so try to find a way to make playing scales and arpeggios more musical and interesting for you so that you don't get bored playing them over and over again, i do this by playing along to recordings and jamming to the radio, tv or whatever (a lot more fun than air guitar).

hope this helps

here is a list of my gears, i scored most of them cheap off at pier, music forums and musician friends, through the years i have accumulated gear because i'm planning on putting up a demo studio in my bedroom somehow it never panned out

guitars:

1. 1972 Gibson SG De Luxe (with bigsby removed) all stock

2. 1984 Tokai Love Rock Les Paul Gold Top, Dimarzio Tone Zone in Bridge Position, Planet Wave auto trim machine heads

3. 1994 Fender Super Strat- Seymour duncan jb jr. in bridge position

basses:

1. 1989 Ibanez Soundgear with seymour duncan bassline active pickups

2.Greco Device Bass (dunno year and model), but with great low action, bought off at pier for a measly 2k

3.Fretless Yamaha Motion Bass with active pickups

effects:

Boss: Super Chorus, Super Phaser 2, CS-3, GE-7,DD-5, pan-tremolo (pn-2), microstudio parametric eq (the small rackmount), bcb-30, tu-12

Alesis microverb

Tech 21: GT2, Bass Driver

Korg AX-1 G

couple of korg tuners

Yamaha Bass EQ

Zoom Bass multi-fx

SKB Powered pedal board

Whirlwind and fender cables

now THIS is punk

yep, what's ironic was the type of music that I last played. I started with thrash metal & grunge then punk (mostly pinoy underground) sa HS, college naman OPM poprock then foreign alternative..pagdating ng medicine proper would you believe napatugtog ako ng Roam ng b-52's at mga songs ng the corr's? :unsure: No choice because of the crowd and my band na tatlong conong female vocalists, outvoted lagi (di ko rin masisi mas lapitin sa chicks mga ganitong kanta)..buti nakakasingit ng konting STP at moonpools&caterpillars kahit papano, hehehe

sorry for the OT, peace! :mtc:

Edited by Fusarium_jimini

Twelve years ago I had a Fender "Raon version". I must've painted over that piece of crap a hundred times. Bought it for P1200 which was all I could afford at that time then as an amp I fiddled around with my dad's broken turntable. I took the needle sensor out, replaced the needle wiring, added a potentiometer to handle the the input volume and voila, a home made ten watt amp. It also gave me a nice, natural overdrive which I can control via the guitars volume control. I stil sits in my old room gathering dust but I'm never gonna get rid of my old stuff and probably, papamana ko sa anak ko hehehe. Now, I have a good job which means I can afford to buy any Instrument of my liking but I still look back to my good old days thinking about what lenghts I went through just to play my music. Haaaay....

Twelve years ago I had a Fender "Raon version". I must've painted over that piece of crap a hundred times. Bought it for P1200 which was all I could afford at that time then as an amp I fiddled around with my dad's broken turntable. I took the needle sensor out, replaced the needle wiring, added a potentiometer to handle the the input volume and voila, a home made ten watt amp. It also gave me a nice, natural overdrive which I can control via the guitars volume control. I stil sits in my old room gathering dust but I'm never gonna get rid of my old stuff and probably, papamana ko sa anak ko hehehe. Now, I have a good job which means I can afford to buy any Instrument of my liking but I still look back to my good old days thinking about what lenghts I went through just to play my music. Haaaay....

wow! hahaha, i could relate :)

in my elementary / highschool days i assembled my guitar out of rejected parts from my uncles / and brother ... all of whom were gigging musicians in the 70's

ngayon me trabaho na may pangkamot na ng kati :) current rig ko: a maple neck midnight wine fender strat made in mexico but i already changed the pickups (texas specials), titanium bridge, .11 gauge strings and playing it through a fender twin reverb. sweet :)

i have a washburn x-21 which i bought last june 2003, yun lang kaya ng budget :rolleyes: isinangla ko pa sweldo ko for 3 months para lang makabili :blush: kaso ngayon sira :( amp ko roan lang

ano sira pre? wag kang magpapa-ayos sa raon kung branded yan baka lalong masira..di ko lang alam kung may RJ guitar stores pa sa galleria dun ko pinapatingnan gitara..kinaibigan ko mga tao run kaya kumpyansa akong di sila manloloko..

peace!

I own a costom made Lumanog Hollow Body Guitar (Gibson ES replica), a Boss Overdrive stompbox and a puny 30 watt marshall. All i ever need to play the blues, funk and some basic Jazz.

When I was younger, was into that whole Shred metal thing, main axe of choice back then was washburn with floyd rose and a metal zone stompbox (boss forever).

Kaya lng when you get older, you somehow mellow down and look for other genres, speed doesnt really equate to skill. Rght now, its more enjoyable to play the blues and get that dark sweet tone from a Hollow body.

I agree, Boss pedals still are some of the best pedals out there. behringer Germany has come up with their own lines of pedals which replicate Boss to the point that they got sued for cloning Boss ( Roland ) pedals. Behringer pedals are a heck of a lot cheaper, not even half the price of boss. They sound OK but not as goog as the real thing. Me, I'm using a Boss Pitch-shifter and chorus ensemble. For distortion, I'm partial to Line 6's Uber Metal, and Line 6 Echo park delay. I used to have Boss Metal zone but I grew tired of it's tonal redundancy. I have the Digitech distortion factory that use every now and then. For wah, I just bought the Zakk Wylde Wah pedal which was a big mistake because it doesn't have the range that I want. I still prefer using my old Blues bawls wah pedal. I also bought a Zoom G1x multi effects about a year ago. I only used it for about a week then gave it to one of my friends. Little tip= don't even bother with multieffects, they suck bigtime. The sound you get from them are just too synthetic. Get dedicated effects box. Amp= Line 6 Spider III HD150 half stack, line 6 spider III 15 watt

combo amp and Crate Power Block 150 watts giong through Behringer cabinet with Bugera speakers. guitars= Schecter C-1 hellraiser ( active EMG 81 bridge, Active EMG 85 neck ) Floyd rose locking trem, Kramer Baretta ( the guitar that ruled the 80's metal scene ) with infinity sustainer with floyd rose locking trem and lastly Drive Wildfire stoptail ( les Pauls Immitation) cheap ass guitar, na-cute an lang ako. Anyway, looking back, I've come a long way from my raon days.

an Ibanez TS9 tubescreamer and a Boss DS1 are all the pedals I'll ever need.

those and a sweet Marshall JCM 800

Yup, I know what that's like. Back then satisfied na ako sa DOD American Metal ko, raon strat and a broken turntable for an amp. I was just so deprived and there's something about these damn things being so affordable to me now that I buy em on a whim. If I have the money, I buy em. No ifs, ands and buts. Para ka lang bumubili ng candy sa sari-sari store pag nasa music store. I guess bumabawi lang ako from the days na naglalaway pa ako sa guitar gears hehehe.