Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Well as I said: there are some people who just think Apple is simply infallible in whatever they do...

Judging from the way you've made your reply (with frequent stabs at the commentators themselves), I'd say you're a fanatic and I guess if Apple would go and sell you a solar-powered flashlight, you'd still defend it to no end and say that it's pure genius...

C'mon, when a good word about the Mac comes from a site called macobserver.com, you say that they're very respectable... but when Mac critics from the New York Times, Computer World and other publications make their own opinions and observations known, you say they're trash and you go on accusing them of being Windows users who have no business handling a mac. I think that's called generalization.

BTW, I've been reading the apple forums and apparently there are a lot of people getting a Blue Screen of Death after freshly installing the Leopard upgrade. I guess the BSOD isn't an exclusive MS problem after all. Wait lemme guess: it's the user's fault.

Edited by artvader

Apple ships Leopard without Java 6

Article

from article:

The move to ship Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) without Java 6 is a significant sign of Sun blowing its opportunity with Java development. I wrote about this at the Apple iPhone introduction. For all of Jonathan Schwartz's talk about the opportunity for Java on mobile devices, there is no Java on iPhone. iPhone is a gated community and Java is on the outside.

That leaves Java developers in a bad position. Java developers love the clean Unix-based Mac OS X environment for development. But we have been suffering with an unstable developer-only dont-run-this-in-production release of Java 6 for the past year. Mac OS X is now the getto for Java 6

Details on Leopard and DTrace are found here

The Mac OS X developer center for Java is found here.

I was advised by my MAC tech support to wait for a couple of weeks before upgrading to the Leopard. He said there are still glitches that the apple guys are troubleshooting as they are discovered. He actually uploaded it to his MacBook Pro and his programs kept on hanging.

I'm taking his advice. No rush. The Leopard will be there for a while, anyway. Better sure than sorry.

Edited by LadyChatterley

Recent Mac convert ...my office PC was changed to a Mac a few weeks ago.

I was off yesterday and came back to a newly upgraded Leopard installed on my Mac.

Needless to say im in love. :wub:

When I change home computers next year, ill probably get a MacBook. Ive begun to save up for it.

:cool:

Recent Mac convert ...my office PC was changed to a Mac a few weeks ago.

I was off yesterday and came back to a newly upgraded Leopard installed on my Mac.

Needless to say im in love. :wub:

When I change home computers next year, ill probably get a MacBook. Ive begun to save up for it.

:cool:

Welcome to the club :)

I currently use a MacBook Pro 15.4" and I'm pretty sure you'll gonna love the MacBook even more. :headsetsmiley:

Guest Leviticus

hello. non-mac guy here (more of a linux guy actually). question lang po. ano ang gamit na wordprocessor sa mac? also, is there a converter para MS office compatible siya and vice versa? thanks.

There is a Mac version of MS Office 2003. Office 2008 is coming out on Mac OS ahead of Windows. Files are directly readable and writeable between platforms. The Apple Word processor/Page Layout software is called "Pages" which has read/write capability of rtf files. If you are running under Leopard, then Office 2007 file compatibility is available.

There is also an open source software suite called Neo OFFICE which also produces "doc" and "rtf" files.

isnt office 2008 for the mac just a rewrite of office 2007? updated for the mac? mac office versions are usually a year behind. hmmm... the real new office is coming out by 2009 i believe given their product cycles. why such hate?

has anyone tried using leopard yet on a non mac x86 PC? i hear theres a way of installing it on non mac hardware. curious as to any takers on this? i hate having to play with my sis in laws macbook just to tinker with osx. and i really want to try out leopard :D lots of good and bad reads about it, btu hey wont stop me from drooling over it. ergo the FR on osx leopard on non mac specific hardware.