Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

i think i need more beer and chips if you guys keep this up.

same here, pero pareho kasi tayo *nix user before using mac.

heh, if mac is not available we'd both be happy to go back to linux.

I agree men but nothing changed im still using *nix. It just so happened that OS X was added on my list. :D

Edited by serpentor_ph

@boommouse,

Eh tindero ka lang pala eh

ang puso mo.... i dont care about your credentials.... by the way... di ako tindero LANG(mayabang ka nga minamaliit mo ang isang tindero) di ako tindero.... welcome ka sa store ko pag open sa san juan this march...

kahit binawi mo pa na marangal ang trabaho ng isang tindero... still minamaliit mo ang isang tao...

I have done it. BrazilMac's hack does work fine on most SSE3 and SSE2 Intels. But have you actually done it? Ikaw. Ikaw mismo. Nagawa mo na ba? I even have a ruggedized Augmentyx notebook (based on a Dell 640) with Leopard running. Kung magsalita obvious na hindi mo pa nagawa. Because then you would have known that you have to do a good amount of Unix console trickery and there are nuances between logic boards, processors, and graphics cards. And the install does not work with the auto updates from Apple. You have to wait for someone in the open source community to put together a distro of the most recent updates and then its up to you to make them work. Ikaw, marunong ka na ba ng BSD?

Buti hindi mo sinabi sa client mo. Baka pagawa sa iyo.

MacONpc?

yep nagawa ko narin... sa AMD system and Pentium D also on core duo PC. dual boot pa kamo... hikhikhik..

anong installer ba gusto mo? ToH, iATKOS or Kalyway? saka it can be updated using as simple software... grabe Mac noh? nahahack narin..... pwede na install sa ordinary PC. di na kailangan maging expert sa programming or expert sa BSD)Berkeley Unix)... just follow the step and wait for the update madali lang e.....pero syempre bawal ito... piracy...^_^

====

kung may pambili ayos lang pero kung ipagyayabang.... ibang usapan na... bakit ako maiinis sa naka rolex di mo naman kasi iwawagayway na naka rolex ka... bakit ako maiinis sa naka BMW kahit di ka marunong mag drive sigurado may pera pambayad sa driver diba? saka sa naka range rover ideal sa edsa yun! dami lubak dun.. hahahaha. lalaitin mo ba yung mga nakabili nung ganun? kung di naman nila ipagyayabang. hahahahaha.

kaya ko sinabi fanboy.. kahit ano ilabas ng apple e positive lagi walang nakikitang negative... so ano masama dyan sa salitang yan?

regarding naman sa ASUS EEE.. yes it is a linux but you can install Windows XP on it! hehehehhee. i know linux... nakagamit nako/install ng ubuntu, fedora, reacOS.

nakakita/nakahawak na ako ng mobo ng apple, dell, asus etc.... as of now mag training ako sa laptop board level repairs.. kasi basic repair palang alam ko at upgrading... regarding sa fan... syempre intel parin ang nag design dahil processor din nila yun.. di bale kakausapin ko yung pinsan ko na engineer ng intel regarding dyan...

===

may buyer na alam nila kung ano purpose nila... may buyer(user) na ang utak e well ako na ka mac mas maganda yung sakin kesa sa mga naka XP,Vista, linux... may advantage at disadvantage ang bawat isang OS.. pero wala sa hardware yan... dahil ngayon kahit Mac oS na iinstall na sa pc dahil dati silang IBM processor ngayon intel na!

remember the day na minamaliit ni steve jobs ang INTEL na mas mabilis daw kuno ang processor nila kesa sa intel? hehehehehhe.

o well... di ko na kailangan makipagtaasan pa ng ihi... diba nga sinabi ko na panalo ka na? relax ka lang... marami ka naman siguro nabasa or even reviews at comparison sa APPLE MB AIR medyo mas maraming negative reviews...

pero may mga fanboi lang talaga na kahit negtative review kahit may MACBOOK pro or macbook sila bibili parin... pero di ko naman sila pipigilan dun... basta masabi lang nila na "IN" sila at superior sa iba..

Guest lustfortravel

boys, boys, let's get off our high horses, shall we? obviously, this is not going to go anywhere so just agree to disagree and that's it. we non-techies need whatever valuable inputs you might share so there's no need to get personal here. :)

i think i need more beer and chips if you guys keep this up.

i'll bring the pizza if they keep this up :lol:

on with the show - i reduced the size of a photo and i realized later on, i needed to enlarge it. however, i noticed that when i try to re-size it either in iPhoto or photoshop, the original clarity is gone. is there anything else i can do to restore the quality of the original photo? help!

Edited by lustfortravel
boys, boys, let's get off our high horses, shall we? obviously, this is not going to go anywhere so just agree to disagree and that's it. we non-techies need whatever valuable inputs you might share so there's no need to get personal here. :)

on with the show - i reduced the size of a photo and i realized later on, i needed to enlarge it. however, i noticed that when i try to re-size it either in iPhoto or photoshop, the original clarity is gone. is there anything else i can do to restore the quality of the original photo? help!

Point taken.

Illegitimus non tatum carborundum!

Guest lustfortravel

cave quid dicis, quando, et cui .damnant quodnon intelligunt :P

i realized my earlier question should be directed to the photographers thread instead since it has to do with photo editing, so sorry guys!

anyone who gets the MBA first, we'd appreciate your constructive criticism from the user's point of view :)

Edited by lustfortravel

i realized my earlier question should be directed to the photographers thread instead since it has to do with photo editing, so sorry guys!

anyone who gets the MBA first, we'd appreciate your constructive criticism from the user's point of view :)

You're on on the MBA.

Damnant quod non intellegunt

A lo-tech guy here. Aleng LFT, your best bet is to chalk it up to experience na lang :D... I mean your dilemma on the photo up-sizing thingy. Hindsight is 20-20 they say. So i guess for good practice, you can make copies of originals and do the edits and manipulation on the duplicate while the original is safely tucked away or archived somewhere.

I don't believe any amount of interpolation by any super photo-editing software can faithfully recreate pixels/details as that of the original once it's stripped off by editing (more so by resizing). As you noticed, you can only go so far but still see a big degradation of image quality when up-sizing an image from a reduced source. Choose a middle ground na lang for the photo you like to enlarge by choosing the size where you still have acceptable photo quality.

Post your question sa photography related threads as I'm sure there are folks who are real experts in the photo editing field that can probably help you more as I'm not realy a hardcore Photographer/Photoshop fella (I'm happy even with just freewares like Picasa2, or The Corel Paintshop-pro) I simply try to use what's available to make things easier so I can go on and enjoy life and doing things I love most. :)

As for the pasionate but very informative exchange on Mac vs. PC's, I can only say these are tools and just like any other implement in a tool shed, some will be for specialized use and some for general purpose. KNowing what to use and using it well to complete a task may it be simple web browsing, word processing, or designing the most complex rocket ship IS what matters most. PC or MAC? I tip my hat to those who made these tools available. It's all good :D Cheers!

The only latin I know by heart "Sapientia Aedificat" and it has served me well. :)

Edited by fire_breather
Guest lustfortravel
A lo-tech guy here. Aleng LFT, your best bet is to chalk it up to experience na lang :D... I mean your dilemma on the photo up-sizing thingy. Hindsight is 20-20 they say. So i guess for good practice, you can make copies of originals and do the edits and manipulation on the duplicate while the original is safely tucked away or archived somewhere.

I don't believe any amount of interpolation by any super photo-editing software can faithfully recreate pixels/details as that of the original once it's stripped off by editing (more so by resizing). As you noticed, you can only go so far but still see a big degradation of image quality when up-sizing an image from a reduced source. Choose a middle ground na lang for the photo you like to enlarge by choosing the size where you still have acceptable photo quality.

Post your question sa photography related threads as I'm sure there are folks who are real experts in the photo editing field that can probably help you more as I'm not realy a hardcore Photographer/Photoshop fella (I'm happy even with just freewares like Picasa2, or The Corel Paintshop-pro) I simply try to use what's available to make things easier so I can go on and enjoy life and doing things I love most. :)

Aleng??? :blink: salamat friend ha..... <_< :P

yes, you're right about the photo. i realized in hindsight i should have saved it in a different file ( argh!)

i'll post my photography questions in the other thread, thanks! ( not in your shutterbug thread, fire_breather. i don't belong there :P )

Edited by lustfortravel
well i guess MBA was ahead of its time..

just like when apple introduced the GUI in the 80's with the small pointing device now we know as "mouse"

but i do admire their engineers for thinking such.. making this notebook so thin.

the way i admire them when they introduce i-pod's click wheel, the multi-touch technology, and other stuff

but the things is i can only admire them.. i have yet to buy apple/mac products just to show off..

siguro when time comes that i need to do highend video editing (canopus) or extreme photoediting (photoshop)

in the mean time i'll try to make most of my cheapo laptop.. :)

didnt xerox parc develop the first computer GUI? and mouse alam ko MS actually developed one before apple but even MS wasnt the first with the mouse. ang laki nga lang literally nung mga unang mouse... mice... mouses... :P

as to multitouch they werent the first to make multitouch. MS has been playing with multitouch way way way before apple but has not marketed to a general consumer product. and the first commercial venture of MS to multitouch (MS Surface Computing) goes beyond apple multitouch tech (actually even Wii goes beyond this... look at hacked tech demos of the Wii motion sensors as multitouch interface). and a lot of other companies have been using multitouch even before MS but use it for specific industries lang.

but man i do love the look and feel of macs. i agree on making the notebook thin, but to sacrifice functionality is beyond me. im sure as always apple is pushing the boundaries of current tech and forcing us to a direction the industry will be following in years to come. thats what i admire of apple but also sometimes hate them for. its okay to make the MBA. just dont shove it down our throats and say its a life changing invention that garners the oohs and aahs and plunk down unnecessary amounts of money for it. tell it as it is... an overpriced push into a more refined technology started by OLPC and eepc.

halos walang pinagkaiba ang MBA sa asus eepc and given the specs. and yet its so damn cheap. kudos to MBA multitouch pad though. now that is one very innovative implementation of it even better i believe than how they utilize it for the iphone.

i understand lustfortravel's defense (and even boomouse's seemingly fanatical love... even though hes not a fanboy, he just really knows his mac stuff, granted lacking the PC know hom but as to mac well at least he is the most qualified of anyone to give us mac info and not simple rhetoric) of everything mac. it is one very very very good technology. but to say it is better than the rest (even comparing it to Kias and BMWs) is just uncalled for. but yeah you pay a premium for the air of mystery in the cult of mac. you pay a premium for being a PC with limited parts but at the current cutting edge of technology that last for a month or two then youre old and slow. you pay a premium for a well functioning OS that lets you do mostly as advertised but cannot expand with or be flexible with anything and everything. you pay a premium for the lovely aesthetic that grows old once the fascination wanes and you cant really do anything to change your macs look.

macs are very good. period. they are well made. easy to use. very powerful. the price and arrogance i dont like but hey thats how apple is marketing it and its working. kudos to them. they are marketing to that certain niche of exclusivity. which in my opinion will be their downfall once the macs reach a certain level of acceptance with the regular schmo user who wants the bang for the buck. then apple will make compromises. will have development slipups (dare i say leopard?) and greater compatibility issues. and eventually face the realities of being a large non exclusive non cult entity.

the the true mac users... i salute you. to the fanboys. you are idiots (that goes the same of MS fanboys). to the true PC users... i salute you, but heck give apple a try and im sure youll love it a lot but maybe still wont trade your PC for the mac.

Edited by poppinfresh2k5
regarding naman sa ASUS EEE.. yes it is a linux but you can install Windows XP on it! hehehehhee. i know linux... nakagamit nako/install ng ubuntu, fedora, reacOS.

nakapaginstall nga sila ng vista sa eeepc eh :D by golly now thats a miracle but heck nagawa nila. the damn hog of an OS :P

curious lang though if they have installed the hacked leopard onto the eee? now that would be nice :)

having used M$, OS X, and Linux, i can say that each has their own pros and cons of the OSes and systems.

here are my opinions:

OS X:optimized for end user video/photo editing and portability.have you guys seen the proto lappy with twin SSD and OLED screen (you can fold the screen like a plastic cover)? its really really expensive but it does what its supposed to do.

M$:mostly install and play..except for vista which is install and pray.Direct X is great for games, runs tons of software.but the security is like swiss cheese.stability isnt that good.jack of all trades, master of none.

Linux:cornerstone of the Opensource movement.hardened security and super stable.you can run any kind of software on it and you can run in on anything (you just have to know what you are doing).except for ubuntu, not as idiot proof as M$ and OS X(meaning you have to do some technical stuff first).plus its targeted a lot by M$ fanboys as "the geeks only OS"

so what do u think is better? iWorks 08 or the newest version of Office?

good question. lets wait for mr. boomouse's input hehe

personally, im hoping there will be a significant (at the very least noticeable) speed upgrade in terms of opening files. coz, although i have the old iwork and office package, i still find myself using office for word and excel in-spite of the speed (or lack thereof) because im used to using it, but keynote for my presentations (because of the better templates and faster loading of files specially with pic heavy ones).

im hoping numbers will be at par naman with excel in terms of spreadsheet functions. otherwise, excel parin...

iworks and office 2008 each has its strong points. For heavy excell users the will find that numbers lacks most of the features they need. Bt numbers is useful for presentation of data.

I used iworks nowaday since my job is mostly presentation not providing data nor crunching/analyzing data and numbers. Keynotes really better than powerpoint, more elegant and nicer transition.