Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Downloaded huh? Ok. There are two builds of 10.5 out there. Build 9A559 is the developer seed you don't want that because Apple stopped the updates on it. You want build 9A581.

You cannot burn the dmg file to a DVD. It won't work. You will have to restore it on a) an external hard disk drive with a blank partition; or B) an iPod in disk mode; or c) on a 10 gb partition in your hard disk which you create with DISK UTILITY. No, you won't lose files if you create a partition smaller than the free space on your hard disk. You'll have a hell of a time removing later though so better just leave the partition later and use it for something else.

Use disk utility to restore the dmg file on to the blank partition. Then in the system preferences use the startup pane to select the partition you resotred into as the startup disk. Restart. And under install options select archive and install. After you check that the os is working, you can delete the PREVIOUSSYSTEM FOLDER.

tnx again,cguro ill wait nlang for my next package of macbook pro para yun nlng os nun ang iinstall ko?is there any way i can transfer my logic pro,aperture,cs3 master and final cut to my new book?hnram k lang kasi yun installer nun but now im here in spain e no chance na mahiram ulit

If my IPOD Nano is any indication of Apple's quality - (3 times replaced, now they say it's out of warranty and it deleted all my music, again), then I don't ever want to buy a mac...

what's the big deal? it is proprietary with limited software, limited compatibility with what, 70-90% of the rest of the world, is expensive, and they can't even sell us reliable IPOD products, resorting to "replacing" it whenever someone complains.

PowerMac center doesn't even stand by the product, they referred me to Apple Singapore... who I'm on the phone with right now,

Apples? You can have it... they should call it "LEMON"

Steve Jobs? in my book, he's a crook, taking all that money

Guest lustfortravel
If my IPOD Nano is any indication of Apple's quality - (3 times replaced, now they say it's out of warranty and it deleted all my music, again), then I don't ever want to buy a mac...

I haven't had any problems with my ipod nano and it has been an indispensable stress reliever for me during long trips in and out of the country.and i absolutely love my macbook ^_^

but i can understand your frustration. perhaps you were just unfortunate to deal with people who are not really customer oriented. it's not necessarily a reflection on the company( or the product) itself. i'm very particular with customer service ( very important in my line of work/business) and i know how frustrating it can be to get passed around by people who don't seem to know their jobs.

i'm sure boom can help you :)

I just bought a macbook, which I'm using right now. I came from an XP desktop but switching is not that difficult. To Mac loyalists: Is the NeoOffice application a good substitute for MS Office even if I transfer files every now and then to a Windows powered PC or laptop? All my personal and work files were created thru MS Office and buying it for the mac is not an option yet due to its price.

now it's colorful :P

Apple Leopard Users Hit With 'Green Screen Of Death'

The glitch may be caused by graphics card drivers not optimized for Mac OS X 10.5.

By Paul McDougall

InformationWeek

December 7, 2007 12:23 PM

Computer users are suffering from a rainbow of problems. Beyond the well-known "blue screen of death" that's long afflicted Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) Windows, reports emerged earlier this week that Vista has a tendency to display a purple variant.

Now, Apple Leopard users say their systems have taken to randomly flashing the color green.

A poster to Apple's support forum named "Matthew Hickey1" recently reported that his Leopard-based PowerBook displays the green flashes whenever he tries to close applications. "No, I haven't been drinking or taking drugs," he emphasized.

Numerous follow-up posts indicate that the problem isn't unique to Hickey's machine. Other users of Leopard, officially known as Mac OS X 10.5, say they've experienced the weird green flashes. Apple support forum member "bob812" likens them to "a strobing effect."

So far, Apple does not appear to have a fix for the issue. "I was on the phone with support for three hours trying to resolve the problem but no luck," wrote "DJS223."

Some users suspect that the glitch may be due to graphics card manufacturers not having properly tweaked their drivers to run with Leopard, which has been on the market for less than two months. "People with a lot of different graphics chipsets are getting display corruption," noted "dparm."

The problem is the latest example of the kind of frustrations computer users often experience when migrating to a new operating system. Earlier this week, researchers at technology tracking firm Neosmart reported that some Windows Vista users have been hit with a so-called "purple screen of death" -- a situation in which windows on the desktop turn lavender and unresponsive.

It's impractical for OS manufacturers like Apple and Microsoft to test their software with thousands of third party products prior to release, so many fixes come in the form of post-release patches or service packs.

Microsoft on Wednesday released a nearly final version of the first major service pack for Vista. Last month, Apple released an update to Leopard designed to fix more than two dozen bugs.

Dudes, I need to transfer several gigs of music from a MacBook to a PC. I've already begun shuttling a few files via a shared folder setup, but the damned thing is SLLLOOOOOW!!! It takes about 5mins just to transfer 700mb of music. Both computers are on a wireless G network, so I know it could be a lot faster. Any suggestions?