Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

then i suggest you go for the freeware. for Office needs, they have Neo Office and Open Office. I agree that getting a licensed copy costs a leg and an arm.

:(

Hello, UnprettyWoman. Yes, 'will check it out as soon as I get my hands on that MacBook. I'm a Mac Newbie/Switcher. Right now, I'm just planning my moves in order to make my Windows-to-OS X transition as trouble-free as possible. The good thing about those applications you mentioned is the fact that you could get a copy for free. Too bad, some apps I use at work runs only on WinXP and only a limited number were made for Mac. Right now, I'm just playing the waiting game. With all those glitches (random shutdowns, SuperDrive failure etc.) affecting the earlier production runs of the MacBook, there's the chance I'll get a lemon. I'll wait for RevB then I'll get my Mac.

Hello, UnprettyWoman. Yes, 'will check it out as soon as I get my hands on that MacBook. I'm a Mac Newbie/Switcher. Right now, I'm just planning my moves in order to make my Windows-to-OS X transition as trouble-free as possible. The good thing about those applications you mentioned is the fact that you could get a copy for free. Too bad, some apps I use at work runs only on WinXP and only a limited number were made for Mac. Right now, I'm just playing the waiting game. With all those glitches (random shutdowns, SuperDrive failure etc.) affecting the earlier production runs of the MacBook, there's the chance I'll get a lemon. I'll wait for RevB then I'll get my Mac.

lemon or not, so long as you have your warranty from apple.com, it'll lessen your worries.

neo office and open office can be saved as .doc and other extensions recognized by ms office so no problem with a file exchange between a winxp and mac.

how much will you be getting your macbook?

i hope it's not over 60,000 because that will be a rip off.

:evil:

of course i'm talking about the entry level (1.83ghz, combo drive)

lemon or not, so long as you have your warranty from apple.com

how much will you be getting your macbook?

i hope it's not over 60,000 because that will be a rip off.

:evil:

It's the 1.83GHz model. I'm not in Manila right now. The thing sells for around P66,000 here in Cagayan De Oro, thru a local reseller - in stock configuration. Comes with the standard 1 year warranty. The cheapest I've come across so far, considering that the average price of a similar model there in Manila goes for around P74,000 I think. I might be wrong, of course, since I got that price info thru T3 and PC Buyer's Guide magazine. Figured I sure could use the savings for a 2GB RAM upgrade.

It's the 1.83GHz model. I'm not in Manila right now. The thing sells for around P66,000 here in Cagayan De Oro, thru a local reseller - in stock configuration. Comes with the standard 1 year warranty. The cheapest I've come across so far, considering that the average price of a similar model there in Manila goes for around P74,000 I think. I might be wrong, of course, since I got that price info thru T3 and PC Buyer's Guide magazine. Figured I sure could use the savings for a 2GB RAM upgrade.

longbeard of philmug sells them at Php 60,000 with the one year international warranty.

:cool:

longbeard of philmug sells them at Php 60,000 with the one year international warranty.

Wow! Any idea how much yung MacBook 2.0GHz, white version? How much additional if you'd like to have the RAM upgraded? 'Been contemlating about upgrading the RAM to 2.0GHz (2 x 1GB DDR2 667GHz SO-DIMMS), but I prefer getting a 3rd party memory module such as those from Kingston. I figured it's definitely much cheaper than buying those sticks from Apple Store and it works the same. Lastly, how long did you wait for the order to arrive? I'm checking my options.

Wow! Any idea how much yung MacBook 2.0GHz, white version? How much additional if you'd like to have the RAM upgraded? 'Been contemlating about upgrading the RAM to 2.0GHz (2 x 1GB DDR2 667GHz SO-DIMMS), but I prefer getting a 3rd party memory module such as those from Kingston. I figured it's definitely much cheaper than buying those sticks from Apple Store and it works the same. Lastly, how long did you wait for the order to arrive? I'm checking my options.

13.3-INCH 2.0GHz MACBOOK (MA255LL/A) - White Price : Php 70,000

13.3-INCH 2.0GHz MACBOOK (MA472LL/A) - Black Price : Php 80,000

from longbeard's thread at philmug

and he can send it to you directly according to a query made to him.

Please email me the RAM and Hard Drive configurations and will reply the pricing.. It takes around 5 to 7 working days for Apple to complete the order (all upgrades are all Apple Certified, meaning it will carry International Warranty and can be extended to another 2 more years with the purchase of Applecare).

:)

13.3-INCH 2.0GHz MACBOOK (MA255LL/A) - White Price : Php 70,000

13.3-INCH 2.0GHz MACBOOK (MA472LL/A) - Black Price : Php 80,000

from longbeard's thread at philmug

and he can send it to you directly according to a query made to him.

:)

Thanks, UnprettyWoman. You're a big help! Does Mr. LongBeard have an e-mail or something? That way, I could forward all my queries to him without having to bug you. Hehe!

Local SRP are:

Macbook 1.83GHz = 74,990

Macbook 2.0GHz white = 89,990

Macbook 2.0GHz black = 99,990

I wouldn't say that if the macbook 1.83ghz goes beyong 60,000 is a rip off. Local retailers have to pay for the taxes, thus the prices. Grey marketed units usually have better deals, and Authorized service providers honors the warranty anyway.

Local SRP are:

Macbook 1.83GHz = 74,990

Macbook 2.0GHz white = 89,990

Macbook 2.0GHz black = 99,990

I wouldn't say that if the macbook 1.83ghz goes beyong 60,000 is a rip off. Local retailers have to pay for the taxes, thus the prices. Grey marketed units usually have better deals, and Authorized service providers honors the warranty anyway.

well, if there is a seller that can offer a macbook at a lower price, sealed and comes with an official Apple Hongkong receipt, of course, together with the international one year limited warranty at 60,000, all in, why wouldn't you consider the local SRPs as a rip off?

guys! not sure if this has been posted/asked already but i was wondering how the hell can you connect a mac to a pc that's connected to the internet, without a router. just a plain 10/100 hub?

I've tried installing pc maclan on my pc since they say that the damn thing is easy, unfortunately (techy illiterate as I am) I can't seem to connect it.

Does anybody here tried doing this set up already?

My PC is an athlon pc running on Windows XP Pro with a Smart Bro connection.

My Mac is an Ibook 1.8 ghz.

If anyone here can help me set this up, I would really appreciate it very much. Thanks and more power to all MTC users.

I was wondering if somebody every tried upgrading the MacBook's stock 512MB RAM to 1.2MB by replacing one of the factory 256MB sticks with a 1GB module? They say parang di raw maganda i-combine yung 2 RAMs made of different specs kasi di raw magiging optimum yung performance ng MacBook, thus you won't get the full benefit. How true? I might be misinformed on this one.

well, if there is a seller that can offer a macbook at a lower price, sealed and comes with an official Apple Hongkong receipt, of course, together with the international one year limited warranty at 60,000, all in, why wouldn't you consider the local SRPs as a rip off?

Bakit? Nag-iinstall ba si longbeard ng microsoft office, adobe photoshop, macromedia freehand mx,

adobe acrobat, flash mx, corel draw, quarxpress...etc. all in??? Yung supplier ko kasama na...... :P

Bakit? Nag-iinstall ba si longbeard ng microsoft office, adobe photoshop, macromedia freehand mx,

adobe acrobat, flash mx, corel draw, quarxpress...etc. all in??? Yung supplier ko kasama na...... :P

dude, i'll be more than happy to give you a reading leasson or two. :evil:

what we're trying to discuss is the current price of a basic macbook sans the software.

who asked you about you and your supplier, anyhow?

:hypocritesmiley:

guys! not sure if this has been posted/asked already but i was wondering how the hell can you connect a mac to a pc that's connected to the internet, without a router. just a plain 10/100 hub?

I've tried installing pc maclan on my pc since they say that the damn thing is easy, unfortunately (techy illiterate as I am) I can't seem to connect it.

Does anybody here tried doing this set up already?

My PC is an athlon pc running on Windows XP Pro with a Smart Bro connection.

My Mac is an Ibook 1.8 ghz.

If anyone here can help me set this up, I would really appreciate it very much. Thanks and more power to all MTC users.

hi niteowl.

uhm, i believe the current line of ibook g4 has no 1.8ghz.

however, the macbook has 1.83ghz though.

dude, i'll be more than happy to give you a reading leasson or two. :evil:

what we're trying to discuss is the current price of a basic macbook sans the software.

who asked you about you and your supplier, anyhow?

:hypocritesmiley:

Ah ganun ba? Magkano ba bayad sa yo ni longbeard for championing his products at the expense

of disparaging local suppliers? Sure, longbeard does a great service to a lot of people but pls.

don't disparage the local suppliers who r doing legit business. Peace. :)

Edited by Tom Babauta
Ah ganun ba? Magkano ba bayad sa yo ni longbeard for championing his products at the expense

of disparaging local suppliers? Sure, longbeard does a great service to a lot of people but pls.

don't disparage the local suppliers who r doing legit business. Peace. :)

wish he'd pay me so I could buy you a macbook pro... NOT! hahahahahahaha :evil:

Edited by unprettywoman

hi MAC users,

I have a wireless Linksys router at home. Ever since my brother from US left, nobody's been using it. I don't have a laptop.

My question is, can a mac G4 or MacBook with WIFI detect the broadcast from the router?

I'm considering which laptops I should buy. Can I use a mac?

thanks

Wingwong

hi MAC users,

I have a wireless Linksys router at home. Ever since my brother from US left, nobody's been using it. I don't have a laptop.

My question is, can a mac G4 or MacBook with WIFI detect the broadcast from the router?

I'm considering which laptops I should buy. Can I use a mac?

thanks

Wingwong

I haven't tried that personally, but I think this is possible if you configured your wireless network settings properly. The new MacBooks are WiFi A/B/G compatible. Another advantage is the fact that the newer Intel-powered Macs could now dual boot Mac OS X and Windows XP. That means you now have the option of using peripherals, network devices and accessories that were previously compatible only with Windows-based platforms. If you have an Intel-powered Mac with Boot Camp installed, just boot to Windows, install the correct drivers, configure 'em and you're good to go. Plus, most peripherals, network devices and accessories made for Windows-based platforms are usually more cheaper than their Mac counterparts. Yeah... El Cheapo here, I'm just being practical. If works, why not? My 2 cents.