All about Sony Ericsson Phones

I need help fellow k800i owners!

My ringtone, message alert tone = NADA!!!!!!!

Bigla na lang nawala.

I don't know what happen!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Bring it to any Sony Ericsson Shop that accept repairs, there's one in Galleria :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm not sure but they may just have to update the software ;)

I'm not sure if the software they reloaded on my phone is available online. You might be talking about the firmware update. Basta nung dinala ko sa Sony Ericsson yung phone ko, sabi software update lang. I guess they have to reinstall the original software to get my Games & Applications running again. Updating the firmware didn't solve my problem then. :rolleyes:

By the way, I've just updated my firmware. It's R1KG001 now. The video preview in thumbnails is no longer available but menu icons are still flashing. Response time is definitely faster :thumbsupsmiley:

Question about the phone:

On updating firmware:

Will my contacts/phone contents will be deleted.

Or it's better to back-up first before doing an update just to be safe than sorry

on external mem card:

will it slow down if i use a bigger memcard

(longer time for accessing files on card)

Insights will be greatly be appreciated

THanks

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

By the way, I've just updated my firmware. It's R1KG001 now. The video preview in thumbnails is no longer available but menu icons are still flashing. Response time is definitely faster :thumbsupsmiley:

waaaaaaaaaah, wala ng video preview.. ayaw ko magupdate.. ^_^

Baka sa susunod na firmware update, meron na ulit :P

Eto sabi sa Esato:

K800 Firmware Overview

Each firmware revision listed below contains the fixes listed against that revision plus the fixes of all the firmwares below that entry.

R1KG001

- Released on Wotan on 23/4/07

- Released on SEUS around 30/4/07

Software versions:

EROM: R3A016

LCD: 200610121

Camera: 2.5

Videocall camera: 2.3

Content: PA30

Java: 7.4

Text: CB

R1KC001

- Released on Wotan on 30/3/07

Improvements

- Updated Java engine (7.4)

- Updated Text engine (CB)

Functionality changes

- The video preview function, introduced in R1GB001, has been removed in this firmware.

Bug fixes

- 3G to 2G transfers no longer results in the termination of calls.

I'm not sure if the software they reloaded on my phone is available online. You might be talking about the firmware update. Basta nung dinala ko sa Sony Ericsson yung phone ko, sabi software update lang. I guess they have to reinstall the original software to get my Games & Applications running again. Updating the firmware didn't solve my problem then. :rolleyes:

I just updated my phone it says

CXC1250215

R1JG001

But your's is already R1KG001? what am i missing here?

do i need to run an update again?

Thanks

I just updated my phone it says

CXC1250215

R1JG001

But your's is already R1KG001? what am i missing here?

do i need to run an update again?

Thanks

Try running it again. Update Manager may finally detect it & load the latest firmware on your phone. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by sheila70

hello fellow k800i owners/users.

i just want to share what happened to my k800i more than a week ago.

it went dead on july 1, 2007, while i was texting. it entered what they call the "white screen of death" or WSOD.

i bought it in one of the stores inside alabang town center in january, so no more warranty.

after sending a text message, it went off by itself.

when i tried to power it on, all it did was to show a flashing white screen.

i tried to turn on/off the phone for several times, but same result.

i tried re-charging the battery, or remove the battery and turn it on while the charger is plugged in, but same result.

so the next move was to try to update the software/firmware via SEUS.

firware update was successful, or so i thought...but when i turned it on, same result - flashing white screen.

the next day, i tried to research over the net, and that's the time i found about this WSOD problem.

it's a problem of several SE phones, not only k800, such as k750, w800, etc.

i also found a solution that worked for some users, flashing thru wotanserver.

i tried it several times, but it was also unsuccessful.

i looked at this forum, and found shiela's post about bringing it to an SE service center to replace/re-install the firmware.

i brought it to the SE service center at glorietta 3, they tried firware update, but they were unsuccessful too.

they told me they need to bring it to higher level support, but it will take 3 weeks before i could know what is wrong.

so, since i was already impatient, i brought it to one of the repair shops at the park square 2 (it was actually recommended by the shop where i bought the phone). the guy said they are using better and more powerful software tools than the ones being used by SE service centers and there were cases wherein SE sevice center could not fix the problem but they were able to. so, there is hope, i thought. i brought it there wednesday of last week, but until now, a week later, the repair thru software is still unsuccessful... he tried all he could to update the firmware using different software tools, but he said that it always fail. he said that it seems the firmware is not saving on the phone's ic memory. so, it could be a hardware problem daw. he doesn't want to open the hardware though because he said availability of parts is a problem for SE phones.

so i will pick my phone later, unrepaired....

maybe i will just bring it to SE service center and wait for the 3 week diagnostics...

any idea guys?

one thing is for sure, with this experience, i will no longer buy any SE phone from now on, and will tell everyone i know about my experience. when i brought it to the SE service center, the people there said there is a charge of P330 for the firware update becuase i bought it from a store that is not an SE authorized dealer. well, it was not about the money, but i argued. i told them that the problem is a known problem of their phone. it's a software quality problem, not because the phone is old, or misused or i bought it somewhere. i told them a case wherein i bought a canon digital camera from another country. that cam has a known problem in its ccd, so canon posted an announcement in their website that anyone who has the phone can bring it to any canon repair center and they will fix it for free, without the need of any document (i.e. warranty card, OR, etc.). sure enough, when i encountered the problem, i brought it to the canon service center in makati, and they repaired it for free. that my friend is what you call real customer service and good corporate social responsibility!

sorry about the long post but i hope you get something positive out of it.

Edited by ironshots
I've been a SOLID Ericsson-user right from the start. B) Thanks for the eye-opener! :boo:

Good luck with your K8! :)

thanks.

well, before this incident, i was really a happy man with my k800.

before this unit, my phone was a k700i. i was happy with it too.

i accidentally dropped it several times.

1 time, i dropped it and the back cover and the batter even got disintegrated, but still, the phone did not have any problem.

I've experienced the same thing on my J230i. I also brought it to the Sony Ericsson shop at Galleria & told me that it has to be sent somewhere else for repair. They told me that problem might be on the board itself since software/firmware update is no longer recognized :unsure:

I didn't have it repaired. I told them that if the cost of repair is almost the same as the price of a lower end model, I'll just save the money & buy a new one. Which I did :D

Definitely, one of the setbacks of owning SE phones is that parts & services are limited. I just told myself that I must have bought a bad phone. It may just be one of the budget phones available but still, I have to shell out that amount when I could have bought something else or spend the money on other things. Actually, I bought it at Greenhills & the seller passed it off as brand new. I only get to use it less than 5 months. I was ripped off but there's nothing more I could do. I bought my K800i from a friend who has a cousin who has a contact that imports cellphones & only gave me 1 day warranty. I said it's a gamble but it was my decision. I paid a good amount of money to get this but I just have to trust my friend that she won't give me a bad phone. So far, no problems yet, aside from what happened to me last month :D

Ironshots' right. If this is a known issue, they should take care of people who purchases their products & experiences this problem. The question is what could we do about this? If we're all going to complain at the same time, they might just hear us & hopefully, improve their after-sales service -_-

Haaaayyyy!!! Sana 'wag mangyari sa phone ko yan. Sobrang masa-sad ako if ever. Benta ko na kaya??? Hehe :lol:

Kung bibili ako ng bago, SE pa rin!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Share ko lang...before my k800i,minalas din ako na SE k618i na nabili ko sa greenhills...after ng service warranty pumaak na laging nagshashutdown na...waahh! biruin nyo brand new ko biinili...then pinaayos ko na lang sa semicon kaso ganun din after ilang days shutdown na naman...i decided to trade it to the store where i bought my k618i with a k800i...hangang ngayun di pa rin ako dinadown ng k800i ko...swertehan lang talaga.... :thumbsupsmiley:

just bought a 1 gig m2 dito sa hongkong masmura talaga dito...pati nga k810i browse ako almost 16k lang waaah!sayang di sa cp budget ko ngayun...anyway magkano kaya ibenta yung orig nasony m2 na 256 mb lang? tnx...

I've experienced the same thing on my J230i. I also brought it to the Sony Ericsson shop at Galleria & told me that it has to be sent somewhere else for repair. They told me that problem might be on the board itself since software/firmware update is no longer recognized :unsure:

I didn't have it repaired. I told them that if the cost of repair is almost the same as the price of a lower end model, I'll just save the money & buy a new one. Which I did :D

Definitely, one of the setbacks of owning SE phones is that parts & services are limited. I just told myself that I must have bought a bad phone. It may just be one of the budget phones available but still, I have to shell out that amount when I could have bought something else or spend the money on other things. Actually, I bought it at Greenhills & the seller passed it off as brand new. I only get to use it less than 5 months. I was ripped off but there's nothing more I could do. I bought my K800i from a friend who has a cousin who has a contact that imports cellphones & only gave me 1 day warranty. I said it's a gamble but it was my decision. I paid a good amount of money to get this but I just have to trust my friend that she won't give me a bad phone. So far, no problems yet, aside from what happened to me last month :D

Ironshots' right. If this is a known issue, they should take care of people who purchases their products & experiences this problem. The question is what could we do about this? If we're all going to complain at the same time, they might just hear us & hopefully, improve their after-sales service -_-

Haaaayyyy!!! Sana 'wag mangyari sa phone ko yan. Sobrang masa-sad ako if ever. Benta ko na kaya??? Hehe :lol:

Kung bibili ako ng bago, SE pa rin!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

heheh... bili ka ng K850 heheh... guys, do you have any idea how much is a brand new 1 gig m2 memory card? and is it ok for me to sell my 512 memory card for 800? im planning to buy a 1 gig memory card eh...

Bro sa CDR-KING ka bumili wala ng 2k yang 1gig. sandisk yung brand, mura dun...

actually, my officemate has a friend who's selling 1 gig memory card for 1,500... brand new... tapos kung un friend ko un bibili may discount pa na 150.. bale magiging 1,350... heheh.. may store kasi un friend nya sa atc yata...

help pow...just last 2 weeks ago, i noticed na hindi n ngreregister ung mga cols ko (incoming,outgoing,missed cols). d n ngaapir s list ko. den pumunta akong service center,sb software upgrade lng dw. i tried it at home, but nothing happend. ive emaild d support team,and i havent heard from them yet. watz d best thng 2 do asyd from my last resort--- getting it bak to the service center and leaving it for 1 day to b fixd! haaayyyyy.....

help pow...just last 2 weeks ago, i noticed na hindi n ngreregister ung mga cols ko (incoming,outgoing,missed cols). d n ngaapir s list ko. den pumunta akong service center,sb software upgrade lng dw. i tried it at home, but nothing happend. ive emaild d support team,and i havent heard from them yet. watz d best thng 2 do asyd from my last resort--- getting it bak to the service center and leaving it for 1 day to b fixd! haaayyyyy.....