All about Sony Ericsson Phones

i have one and i think it's just great. it's an excellent evolution of the K750i with a very high-end feel to it in terms of assembly quality and implementation of its features.

one feature that wasn't improved from the K750 tho is the video recording quality. it's not bad by any means but it was not brought up to W900 standards. but the emphasis of SE for this model is still images. there is speculation that they are reserving the top quality video recording for a different model. but if you don't really record that much video, then it's no big deal.

playing video is very good tho.

the only complaint i have is that i'm getting impatient for the larger memory sticks to arrive because of the new format (M2). the largest right now is 1GB although the 2GB stick should be released by the end of the year.

there are a lot of comprehensive reviews of the phone on the net. you can start by checking this one out:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k800-review-93.php

Jurassic nga video nito, pero pansin ko mas malinaw sya ng konti kapag kumukuha ka ng vid naka 50% zoom ka..

Download the Update Service software first then it'll automatically install on your PC. Run the software then follow the instructions you'll see on the screen. ;)

Here's the link for the Update Service software:

Update Service Software

yep ok sheila...got the link...maybe you can further explain this to me? :P

after downloading the software and opening it for the install

i get to the instructions until where you are given the procedure of

installing the software...

but first it gives this 5-step detail on shutting down the phone and

removing the SIM and then plugging the usb cable and then opening it

again...

no problem there...but after doing this, why does it not continue to the install?

it keeps asking to repeat the process (which i do) until i just basically lost interest...

tried updating through the internet but it keeps saying the software is current...duh???

or the same "device management interrupted...etc, etc...

:(

do i understand correctly that you have to buy the upgrade software at WOTAN? or is there a way around this?

Browsed through the site & you really do have to purchase credits on Wotan :thumbsdownsmiley:

I've been checking Esato as well to get feedbacks about Wotan & some are not really satisfied with the service :lol:

I'm just interested with how they can debrand the phone & revert it to Sony Ericsson's generic software :P

ahh i see...was wondering if it was possible to download the updates without paying anything...so once again the same predicament remains...

1. can't install the update because i use a mac;

2. can't update via WOTAN because you have to pay;

3. can't download from the SE site coz there's nothing to download there (the updates)

solution: hie off to the SE service center for the fix...bummer!