All about Sony Ericsson Phones

i have one and i think it's just great. it's an excellent evolution of the K750i with a very high-end feel to it in terms of assembly quality and implementation of its features.

one feature that wasn't improved from the K750 tho is the video recording quality. it's not bad by any means but it was not brought up to W900 standards. but the emphasis of SE for this model is still images. there is speculation that they are reserving the top quality video recording for a different model. but if you don't really record that much video, then it's no big deal.

playing video is very good tho.

the only complaint i have is that i'm getting impatient for the larger memory sticks to arrive because of the new format (M2). the largest right now is 1GB although the 2GB stick should be released by the end of the year.

there are a lot of comprehensive reviews of the phone on the net. you can start by checking this one out:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k800-review-93.php

For SE K800i users. Has anyone tried its remote control? I wonder if it can also control ur tv set or ur dvd player. Or is it only for units with bluetooth connectivity.

Also I just want to know if anyone has already tried to attach the FM transmitter to the unit and how well it works. Hope u can give me some feedbacks.

For SE K800i users. Has anyone tried its remote control? I wonder if it can also control ur tv set or ur dvd player. Or is it only for units with bluetooth connectivity.

Also I just want to know if anyone has already tried to attach the FM transmitter to the unit and how well it works. Hope u can give me some feedbacks.

nope only symbian phone do have capability on making it as a remote control for a TV.

but some says they use their SE phone being a remote control on their BMW cars :P

Finally decided to buy one for myself after mulling it over for two weeks. I'm pretty happy with it. I guess this is the start of my dissing Nokia for SE.

It's too bad that 1GB M2 cards aren't available yet here in KSA, I had to settle for 512MB instead. :(

I just noticed though, when you connect the headset and start moving around the menu using the joystick there seems to be a static (barely audible but I am meticulous :P) coming out of the earphones. Is this normal? :unsure:

I got my K800i for 21500 (bago mag-react sa presyo please note na kasama na yung 512MB Sony M2 card, Jewel Case sa price!) and have been very happy.

Nag-sync siya sa Mac ko, pwede din gawing remote sa laptop, takes excellent pics. Flash is good too. Since nag-upgrade ako from k750i, yung car charger compatible pa rin.

Minor complaints...yung video ringtone hindi laging gumagana.

Finally decided to buy one for myself after mulling it over for two weeks. I'm pretty happy with it. I guess this is the start of my dissing Nokia for SE.

It's too bad that 1GB M2 cards aren't available yet here in KSA, I had to settle for 512MB instead. :(

I just noticed though, when you connect the headset and start moving around the menu using the joystick there seems to be a static (barely audible but I am meticulous :P) coming out of the earphones. Is this normal? :unsure:

welcome to the world of SE! :cool:

re the static noise with the joystick, no that's not normal. what i would do is to get it checked at the place you bought it. if it's under warranty, then there should be no problem getting it repaired or replaced.

re the 256MB M2, i believe they are going now for around 2k +/- in virra mall.

I accidentally deleted one of the saved RSS feeds. Can someone please post here the URL for the Sony Ericsson Fun & Downloads RSS feed. Thanks!

Share na din kayo ng mga themes niyo. :D

Hey, Bubs!!! :D

Here's the info: wap.sonyericsson.com/download/download.do?cmd=latestdownloads&appl=rss

I didn't include the http:// anymore para di maging link when I post it :cool:

For themes, it's good old esato.com :thumbsupsmiley:

Hey, Bubs!!! :D

Here's the info: wap.sonyericsson.com/download/download.do?cmd=latestdownloads&appl=rss

I didn't include the http:// anymore para di maging link when I post it :cool:

For themes, it's good old esato.com :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks sheila. :) sayang nawala na tuloy yung SE logo sa tabi nun RSS feed. :(

nga pala, naDL niyo na ba yung Gmail app? ok sya. try nyo. :thumbsupsmiley:

point your browser here gmail.com/app