All about Sony Ericsson Phones

@jokelang: I'm sorry to hear that, dude. So far naman wala akong problema sa P1i ko. Di ako nagsisisi na heto yung binili kong mobile phone. Maski hirap sa pag-text ok lang. Nasasanay na ako sa pag-gamit ng stylus sa pag-txt. One thing that I like this phone is kaunti lang ang kapareho kong meron nito. Iba pa rin yung feeling exclusive. :thumbsupsmiley:

to those who happens to own SE phones , all i can say is TAKE VERY VERY GOOD CARE OF THEM

this is because the after sales service of SONY ERICSSON SUCKS BIG TIME

first - you have to wait in line at the service center for over 3 hrs (average)

second - they tell you that you have to leave your phone because they have to send it to binondo where their main svc center hq is. duh binondo - e baka s quiapo nila pinadadala yun for all we know...

third - the min waiting time for your phone's repair is THREE WEEKS, not to mention the ave time is approx ONE MONTH or more. duh - e ano ngayong phone ang gagamitin mo while ur unit is away for such a long long time?

fourth - when ipinagawa ko phone ko - under warranty pa nila - it bogged down again and now iba nanaman daw ang sira - how can that be while all the stickers are intact and more than 60 y/o ang gumagamit ng phone (meaning palagi lang nakapatong sa mesa), hindi pa nga mahilig mag txt yung matanda.... - this means either may nasira sila while fixing the phone and they are trying to pass the blame onto the end user - all the while under svc warranty period pa nila....

note : di lahat ng shops / cel stores tumatanggap ng Sony Ericsson phones for repair, even then bibihira din ang may parts.

i was seriously considering either a P1i , a P990i or K800i but after my experience with their after sales - i'm sticking to my NOKIA E61 and Palm Treo600. Sa Nokia, kahit saang kanto may gumagawa, matibay and ok ang after sales service. MY Palm Treo 600 is so durable that i have had no problems with it for the past three years....and to think second hand ko pa nabili yun.

my best advise to prospective SONY ERICSSON buyers is to investigate throroughly the after sales service of your brand. per my experience, SONY ERICSSON aftersales sucks big time.

Gawin na nating K800i/K810i thread to. Napaaga birthday gift ko eh. Hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Got a good deal swapping my phone & I just have to add a few thousand bucks. Ganda pa rin kaya nung phone ko kahit almost 11 months ko rin ginamit :lol:

Same everything, except for the size & the keypad. It's thinner, definitely lighter than its predecessor ;)

I got the gold one, sempre pa-gurl :P

I'm gonna check if the firmware installed is the latest one. :)

BTW, Happy Gilmore's right. Just take good care of your phones to save you all those hassle :cool:

^pareng wharkooze yan din un hinihintay ko eh.. hehe... kaso baka sa last quarter of this year pa lumabas eh..

yeah i guess most of the phones will be available in the last qtr since madami pera ang tao dhil holiday season.. :goatee:

anong software pede pang gawa ng k800 themes???

dude, go to sony ericsson developer world search mo na lng "theme creator" or visit the mylasyk.net they have their own theme creator..:)

to those who happens to own SE phones , all i can say is TAKE VERY VERY GOOD CARE OF THEM

this is because the after sales service of SONY ERICSSON SUCKS BIG TIME

first - you have to wait in line at the service center for over 3 hrs (average)

second - they tell you that you have to leave your phone because they have to send it to binondo where their main svc center hq is. duh binondo - e baka s quiapo nila pinadadala yun for all we know...

third - the min waiting time for your phone's repair is THREE WEEKS, not to mention the ave time is approx ONE MONTH or more. duh - e ano ngayong phone ang gagamitin mo while ur unit is away for such a long long time?

fourth - when ipinagawa ko phone ko - under warranty pa nila - it bogged down again and now iba nanaman daw ang sira - how can that be while all the stickers are intact and more than 60 y/o ang gumagamit ng phone (meaning palagi lang nakapatong sa mesa), hindi pa nga mahilig mag txt yung matanda.... - this means either may nasira sila while fixing the phone and they are trying to pass the blame onto the end user - all the while under svc warranty period pa nila....

note : di lahat ng shops / cel stores tumatanggap ng Sony Ericsson phones for repair, even then bibihira din ang may parts.

i was seriously considering either a P1i , a P990i or K800i but after my experience with their after sales - i'm sticking to my NOKIA E61 and Palm Treo600. Sa Nokia, kahit saang kanto may gumagawa, matibay and ok ang after sales service. MY Palm Treo 600 is so durable that i have had no problems with it for the past three years....and to think second hand ko pa nabili yun.

my best advise to prospective SONY ERICSSON buyers is to investigate throroughly the after sales service of your brand. per my experience, SONY ERICSSON aftersales sucks big time.

i guess ganyan talaga sa pinas. pati nga nokia medyo mag-aalangan ka magpagawa kasi hassle pag di nila naayos yung phone mo.. <_<

Gawin na nating K800i/K810i thread to. Napaaga birthday gift ko eh. Hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Got a good deal swapping my phone & I just have to add a few thousand bucks. Ganda pa rin kaya nung phone ko kahit almost 11 months ko rin ginamit :lol:

Same everything, except for the size & the keypad. It's thinner, definitely lighter than its predecessor ;)

I got the gold one, sempre pa-gurl :P

I'm gonna check if the firmware installed is the latest one. :)

BTW, Happy Gilmore's right. Just take good care of your phones to save you all those hassle :cool:

well good for you ms. shiela, :)

anyways we can also suggest to our mod to even change it to SE K800 series instead para sama na din pati k850.. :thumbsupsmiley:

i sold my P990i for this fone...kse sa tingin ko mas handy, alam ko un price na 26k eh sa shop ng sony ericson! my frend told me na its around 20k - 21k... ang bilis bumaba ng price... meron pa nga daw 19k+ somewhere in pasay...wid 1 month waranty!

pero im not sure un quality... :unsure:

but until now nde pa ko nkakapag-decide! im stil waiting 4 d k850i bka mas ok...un since 5 MP na! :unsure:

i noticed sa k800i - there is no megabass setting in the music player's equalizer settings - for such an expensive unit - sana man lang included megabass.....

I think it's exclusive to Sony Walkman phones. Just like with Cyber-shot phones, camera on the Walkman phones doesn't have Xenon flash etc. :rolleyes:

Not to bash SE P1 or any high end phones. But it does concern me when an expensive unit such as the P1 would have some stability issues right out of the box. The thing is you shell out a huge amount of cash (20k ++) for a unit and then you have these issues? I know that these may be resolved with future upgrades to the phone BIOS but the hassles you get are quite unnecessary.

Another thing is the unit depreciation in such a short time. The higher the cost of the unit the greater the depreciation cost. Units price dropping by 20% of its cost in just 2~3 months is really alarming.

Again, this is my opinion. It would be nice to have a unique and nice phone. But one has to be practical these days. Expensive phones are prone to theft. Better settle with a mid range phone (10~15k). Again... this is just my opinion. The P1 is really a very nice phone (If stable and decently priced).

be very careful with Sony Ericsson phones

once its broken - yari ka sa bulok na after sales service nila....

they make you wait (ave of 4 hours, nakausap ko ung mga kapwa ko naghihintay dun)

then they tell you that you'll have their prognosis in 3 WEEKS TIME PA!!!! (though ave daw is more than one month, also sabi nung mga kapwa ko naghihintay dun)

so be very careful - if i were you guys - i'll stick to nokia - at least madami gumagawa / repair shops, not to mention that the parts are less expensive than Sony Ericsson. Imagine, housing pa lang ng K750i costs P2500 sa Sony Ericsson store.

but with the influx of china phones - ce -prices will drop surely, bago pa lang mga china phones kaya mahal pa. soon, we will be flooded by them - they'll be so inexpensive that the prices will be ridiculous (a.k.a. presyong cdr king) i wont be surprised kung magka fone na cdrking ang brand....

i completely agree. there's even a china-made pda/phone that sells for less than 5k.

Good morning, fellow SE users.

May question lang ako. Is there a way na kapag may new message, hindi agad ipinapakita yung start ng message? Yung name lang ng sender? For a time kasi ganun ang phone ko; I think may napindot lang ako. Pero bumalik na ulit sa default (yung may visible agad na start ng SMS.)

Thank you. :thumbsupsmiley:

Good morning, fellow SE users.

May question lang ako. Is there a way na kapag may new message, hindi agad ipinapakita yung start ng message? Yung name lang ng sender? For a time kasi ganun ang phone ko; I think may napindot lang ako. Pero bumalik na ulit sa default (yung may visible agad na start ng SMS.)

Thank you. :thumbsupsmiley:

go to your Inbox

select More

Select List Options

select No Details