All about Sony Ericsson Phones

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, a word of caution for all you P1i users. There are known stylus issues with the P1i such as it breaking and potentially getting stuck inside the stylus holder.

What happened in my case was the tip of my stylus got detached from the other end and it got stuck inside the holder. Not knowing what to do, I called Sony Ericsson's customer service up this morning to ask for assistance. They referred me to their authorized service centers, Semicon. I called up Semicon and talked to a lady who said I could bring my unit over for inspection. I asked if it would take days to fix, would they issue me a service unit? She put me on hold to clarify. When she got back, she told me that there was no way for them to resolve my issue as there was no way to get the tip of the stylus out of the holder even if they opened my unit. Disappointed, I hung up. But I know there was still a way to get it out so I searched the web and found this site: http://www.p1iblog.com/2007/11/quality-iss...ing-stylus.html The stylus holder is indeed accessible from the back with the battery removed. I just used the tip of a scissor to push the stylus tip out and I was able to get it out!

I'm planning to call back Semicon later today and tell them how a bunch of feeble-minded morons they are! :angry:

Guys, a word of caution for all you P1i users. There are known stylus issues with the P1i such as it breaking and potentially getting stuck inside the stylus holder.

What happened in my case was the tip of my stylus got detached from the other end and it got stuck inside the holder. Not knowing what to do, I called Sony Ericsson's customer service up this morning to ask for assistance. They referred me to their authorized service centers, Semicon. I called up Semicon and talked to a lady who said I could bring my unit over for inspection. I asked if it would take days to fix, would they issue me a service unit? She put me on hold to clarify. When she got back, she told me that there was no way for them to resolve my issue as there was no way to get the tip of the stylus out of the holder even if they opened my unit. Disappointed, I hung up. But I know there was still a way to get it out so I searched the web and found this site: http://www.p1iblog.com/2007/11/quality-iss...ing-stylus.html The stylus holder is indeed accessible from the back with the battery removed. I just used the tip of a scissor to push the stylus tip out and I was able to get it out!

I'm planning to call back Semicon later today and tell them how a bunch of feeble-minded morons they are! :angry:

same thing happen to my stylus.. it snap at the tip.. what i did is "tak-tak" :blink: the P1i cautiously.

luckily i managed to get the other end out..

probably thats why SE provided a pure plastic stylus on their W960..

anyways nice tip.. it really helps..

Edited by wharkooze

By the way, I also tried swapping my battery with a friend's battery - the problem still persists.

In other words, my battery is working well in a different unit. With this, I can safely say that it is a hardware problem.

Please help me out here guys... Thanks!!

bro curious lang. does it still happen even if you put the original sim in?

the reason why i asked is that baka namimili ng sim card (64k) yung unit mo.

By the way, I also tried swapping my battery with a friend's battery - the problem still persists.

In other words, my battery is working well in a different unit. With this, I can safely say that it is a hardware problem.

Please help me out here guys... Thanks!!

probably software problem. Maybe you've used up all of your Phone memory(not your memory card's memory),

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait for the release of Xperia X1~!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/02/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1.jpg

Camera

* Auto focus

* 3.2 megapixel camera

* Photo light

* Video recording

Music

* Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)

* Media player

* Music tones

* PlayNow™

* Windows Media Player Mobile

* 3D games

* FM radio

* Java

* Video streaming

* Video viewing

Internet

* Internet Explorer® Mobile

* RSS feeds

Communication and Messaging

* Polyphonic ringtones

* Speakerphone

* Vibrating alert

* Video calling

* Email

* Picture messaging (MMS)

* Predictive text input

* Text messaging (SMS)

Design

* XPERIA™ panels

* Optical joystick navigation

* Navigation key

* Picture wallpaper

* Touch navigation

Organiser

* Alarm clock

* Calculator

* Calendar

* Document editors

* Document readers

* Flight mode

* Handwriting recognition

* Notes

* Phone book

* Tasks

* Touchscreen

Connectivity

* aGPS

* Bluetooth™ technology

* Modem

* Synchronization

* USB support

* WLAN

Windows® Mobile® Operating System

* Microsoft® Outlook Mobile: email, contacts, calendar, tasks

* Microsoft® Office Mobile: Word, Excel, PowerPoint

* Internet Explorer® Mobile

* Windows Media™ Player Mobile

* Windows Live™

* Exchange ActiveSync®

* Voice control

* Utility Applications: file explorer, calculator, pictures & video, notes

Facts and Figures

* Size: 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm

* Weight: 145 grams

Available colours

* Black

* Silver

* Main screen: 65,536 color TFT

* Resolution: 800 X 480 pixels

* Size: 3 inches

Memory

* Phone memory: up to 400 MB

* microSD™ memory card support

* Availability and versions

Networks

* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900

* UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/1700/1900/2100 MHz

* UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz

SOURCE

I just wanna ask... what's the latest SE P9 model? Price Range? Is the P1 better than P9 models? SEnsya na if my question seems moronic to some people here. I really don't know eh... Need ko ng input 'cause my friend's offering me his P9 fone 2 months used for 10k. I wanna know if I'll get my money's worth if I buy it... Thanks! :)

I really can't afford to buy a P1 (17k) at the moment eh... haaayyy... bago pa bang model tong P990i? di ba ako lugi? kasi kung hindi naman... bilhin ko na siguro...?

If you want a PDA phone saka yan lang budget mo, go na! Actually you can get a brand new one for 12-12,500. It was released last quarter of 2005 - first quarter of 2006. You'll get to enjoy the phone if you install applications, games & themes on it :thumbsupsmiley: