What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

guys do you know which fuel station still has the normal unleaded fuel? dont want to use ethanol base as this is harmful and not suitable for old cars? i have seen most petrol station now only has ethanol while the xcs/blaze is ethanol free?

hope the big 3 company would not phase out the regular unleaded fuel as not evryone can afford new vehicles

E-10 is mandated by law, almost all the gas stations particular the big 3 in metro manila are already complied with it, even the high end product such "blaze and velocity". You still can find some small independent gas stations still tender unleaded/premium gasoline without ethanol blend, but their days are number.haha

But don't worry E-10 is not harmful and work perfectly with old car using carb. Try it, it's cheaper for the meantime, but from what I know it's production cost is much higher than pure petroleum gas.

The downside of E-10, is due to it's ethanol base, it can easily mixed up with water without you knowing it... so better have it on a reliable gas station (prefer the big 3) because most of their stations in metro are already equipped for this purposes.

S14: what engine you are using right now? if it is a Japan surplus probably it around 80's and up... all fuel injected engine can adopt to E-10 perfectly even on motorcyles and banca engines ( but DENR had a ruling E-10 cannot be use in banca due to precaution it may spill over and mix up with water). Japan is using Ethanol blend since late 80's, even in Thailand they are now using E-20, or 20% ethanol blend right now. So, there is no probable cause of E-10 destroying your fuel pump or hard starting.

If you still doubt about E-10, here is my advise, fill your car with regular unleaded say 15 liters then fill it up again with 5 liters of E-10, they can mix up one way or another. then do the adjustment from then on depend on what you feel is right. Good luck:D

its a honda motor 90's but can be view at some manufacturer site that is it not recommended. i have already suffer broken fuel pumps after continous usage for 2 months before on seaoil ethanol based fuel. i rather pay the extra for the regular unleaded than use ethanol fuel

S14: If it's a Honda 90's Japan surplus engine, definitely it can adopt quite well on E-10, Like I said Japan is Ethanol blend compliant since late 80's, how come an engine from 90's that are made not compatible with it? I think better switch to Big 3 particular Shell, because they are the pioneer of this fuel here... maybe the E-10 you been filling up had already adulterated with water due to moisture accumulated in underground tank,which cause corrosion on your fuel pump.

Here's the Tip. Fill up your E-10 on the newest Big 3 gasoline station ( kung pwede kabubukas lang.haha ) why? because their underground tanks is already PPC class unlike the conventional one using steel/metal tank which can accumulated moisture on it.(nagpapawis) and they have proper filter to contain it.

E-10 is mandated by law, even you like it or not, we have to embrace it. So probably next year, non ethanol base gasoline product will be phase out in metro, eh kahit may pera ka, you simple cannot avail it anymore <_<

Remember the first time unleaded gasoline introduced here in Philippines, many motorist are against it saying the same thing "not compatible with their cars", but little did they know, few months before its launching, eh it's already implemented by the oil companies.haha

caltex silver....

I was always filling up at Shell stations. But I hate it when people from Shell always requires me to turn off the engine before they can fill up my car with gas :thumbsdownsmiley:

as far as I know, turning off the engine immediately after a long drive causes the engine to wear and tear earlier. It must be be in idle for 1-2 minutes before it can be "safely" turned off. :unsure:

Kaya ayun... boycott ko Shell forever :thumbsupsmiley:

Bro, turning off your engine before filling is for safety purposes, particular for a gasoline engine. It's better safe than sorry :goatee:

turning off engine suddenly from a long drive will not cause damage to your engine, Unless it's a turbo charge, but most turbo charge engine now a day is equipped with a delay timer, so even if you turn off the engine, it actually idle for a minute before it total seize. mas safety net. :rolleyes:

E-10 mix is just gonna destroy your engine.. regardless of the savings, the overall cost of repairs is just ridiculous..

for me, i just use XCS or Velocity w/o the ethanol mix just to be safe

...eh where will you get non ethanol base gasoline product when this will be will be phase out next year?

...eh where will you get non ethanol base gasoline product when this will be will be phase out next year?

can you show me a mandate of phasing out of non-ethanol based gasoline next year?

as you can see, there are still lots of gasoline stations w/o the E-10 mix.. even if its imposed, there still will be gas stations w/ non-ethanol based so i'm not all over ga-ga over that..

i'm more concerned on my engine bec. some engines are not meant to be used w/ ethanol mixtures and i'll not force myself to convert to ethanol unless the manufacturers says the engine (especially he pre-2000 models) is compliant w/ ethanol mix gasolines

E-10 (10% ethanol) will not destroy,damage any parts of your cars, motorcycles. It was carefully studied before it was implemented. As per latest analysis data, 65% gasoline feed cars in metro are now using E-10and it's market share is getting bigger every day, if E-10 will cost trouble, eh di dapat kalahati nang koste sa metro sira na and Look further, most of our neighboring countries are already using 20% ethanol blend and yet some part of Europe are using 35% to 50%.

It's our contribution to fight global warming.

E-10 (10% ethanol) will not destroy,damage any parts of your cars, motorcycles. It was carefully studied before it was implemented. As per latest analysis data, 65% gasoline feed cars in metro are now using E-10and it's market share is getting bigger every day, if E-10 will cost trouble, eh di dapat kalahati nang koste sa metro sira na and Look further, most of our neighboring countries are already using 20% ethanol blend and yet some part of Europe are using 35% to 50%.

It's our contribution to fight global warming.

are you sure you know what you're talking about?

those figures is still not enough to convince everyone to use ethanol as far as i'm concerned, and still there is no proof that it won't damage or even wreck your engine (like i said, the older engine models 2000 and below) when used in prolonged periods..

the study you're referring, how long they did test the engine using an ethanol mix? 2 months? 6months? 1yr? the span of the test is still not enough

and if you gonna check the net, there are alot of reports on problems using E-10 like this in wikipedia under fuel system problems:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel#...system_problems

Several of the outstanding ethanol fuel issues are linked specifically to fuel systems. Fuels with more than 10% ethanol are not compatible with non E85-ready fuel system components and may cause corrosion of iron components.[189][190] Ethanol fuel can negatively affect electric fuel pumps by increasing internal wear,[190] cause undesirable spark generation,[191] and is not compatible with capacitance fuel level gauging indicators and may cause erroneous fuel quantity indications in vehicles that employ that system.[192] It is also not always compatible with marine craft, especially those that use fiberglass fuel tanks.[193][194] Ethanol is also not used in aircraft for these same reasons.

Using 100% ethanol fuel decreases fuel-economy by 15-30% over using 100% gasoline; this can be avoided using certain modifications that would, however, render the engine inoperable on regular petrol without the addition of an adjustable ECU.[195] Tough materials are needed to accommodate a higher compression ratio to make an ethanol engine as efficient as it would be on petrol; these would be similar to those used in diesel engines which typically run at a CR of 20:1,[196] vs. about 8-12:1 for petrol engines.[197]

In April 2008 the German environmental minister cancelled a proposed 10% ethanol fuel scheme citing technical problems: too many older cars in Germany are unequipped to handle this fuel. Ethanol levels in fuel will remain at 5%.[198]

so i think it just proves that its idealistic and also good for the environment but not practical in reality.. and to people that's saying that E-10 is good then by all means use them, but ofcourse the facts are there in your face that still pose some concerns for the motoring public.

i'm not gonna gamble my investments just to save a measly amount of money.. just my view on this matter

more issues on using E-10:

http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2...on/13463991.txt

http://www.energy-consumers-edge.com/probl...hanol-fuel.html

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20090627/ESN/906270303

http://www.ewg.org/biofuels/report/Ethanol...d-Engine-Damage

Edited by X3ME15

I'm not forcing or convincing anybody regarding E-10. peace. How sure I'm on those figures and data? and what I'm talking about? I will not post something here that will do harm to others, I'm not a bad guy B)

Personally, I'm one of the product analyst of the Big 3 here in the Philippines. So probably alam ko yun sinasabi ko. We been studying and testing E-10 way back 3 years ago and taking Thailand as model. For the past 6 months the sales volume of E-10 in metro increase by almost 30% (in our brand lang yun ha).

For the mandate, better ask the government agencies, particular DOE and DENR for verification. Kasama yan sa Clean Air Act. In truth, the implementation of E-10 is way behind schedule. The implementation will not be swift, but slow and smooth.

Lastly, tear and wear of an engine is compulsory, What ever fuel you are using, diesel, bio diesel, ethanol or non ethanol. It's really depends on driving habit and proper maintenance.

I'm not an advocate of E-10, What I do is separate myth's from fact's. It's still up to the motorist kung saan sila masaya.haha

i'll take your word for it considering you're already representing one of the big 3 companies by assuring us that E-10 is "safe" to use

for being a technical supervisor in one of the known car shops here in manila that do custom engine and suspension works, i can't help but to be skeptical considering we're dealing with engine models that's somewhat not meant for gasoline mixtures rated on higher compression ratios (even the metal fatigue and tolerance must be considered) , plus EFI and also carburetor type engines needs to be re-calibrated to accommodate proper combustion bec. of the change (or mixtures) in the fuel (especially the E-10 and up mixtures) based on what i've learned.. there are lots of processes that still needs to be done for it to be compatible with the old-but-proven pertrol engines in which the majority of the car owner has in the philippines.

i'm just voicing out my concerns as part of the motoring public and also being a part of the automotive industry, it's just right to contest and scrutinize any new product that are used with our investments (our automobiles). so if my posts somewhat offended you, don't be. i'm just stressing the facts that i know from knowledge and experience in this business.

it's healthy to have a friendly argument once in a while ^_^

ang tanong ko lang why would the manufacturers not recomend e10 sa lahat ng cars nila..for example sa ford, yung focus at explorer at ang pwede pero yung ibang variants hindi.

some say na masama ang ethanol sa engine in the long run...acidic daw kse and will corrode yung mga aluminum alloy parts ng engine naten...like the piston and the piston rings.

kung gusto nyo ng unleaded na walang e10, mag XCS kayo. sa shell ata all variants may ethanol.

kawawa lang mga old schoolers, kse di iniisip ng govt yun nung pinasa ang batas...madami ang kumikita dyan sa ethanol business na yan..mostly mga may kapit sa govt kse may pondo yan kung magtatanim ka nung plant na pagkukunan ng ethanol.

imbis na pagkain ang ipatanim sa mga lupa para di nagugutom ang tao, ethanol na lang daw. :unsure: